Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Raw Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Great show! HHH really turning it around. Nice timing as I have Smackdown in Seattle Sept 9th and Raw in Portland the 12th. Took a hiatus from shows in favour of music but not a bad set of shows to get back into it!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,079 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Johnny Wrestling on Raw to feud with heel Theory is a good way to go, they have history and Theory is a hated heel to get Johnny over as a face

Rhea as Judgement leader works, the group now is coming together imho

Was that a once off face KO?

Talk of Trish wanting to return for another match but as a heel, she is very over but maybe against Becky or Bianca it might work

• Registered Users Posts: 28,806 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Think the guy attacking AJ was a decoy since it was assumed Dexter was there for AJ in previous weeks so Dexter arranged it.

Trish still looking well. But did we find out why she was there since she said she was there for the Edge match and to say something.

Pretty much everyone made to look good on that episode with plenty of time given. And Canada not being bizarro land.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I reckon it’s going to be face KO Savin Sami when the USO’s eventually turn on him. Give us KO and Sami with a tag title run.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I agree but would like a slow burn rather than them rushing it. Rumble would be a perfect time to pull that trigger with a couple of hints along the way leading to a big title match at Mania.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,792 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I wonder will some fans dress up in riot gear and try copy Lumis and co

For those interested, the Lumis story actually continued on NXT last night.

Lumis reunited with Indi and was then arrested by the police.

When Raw started, I forgot about Seth so my first thought was "Why is Riddle attacking Nakamura?"

But have they found Miz? Do we know if he's ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,693 ✭✭✭hynesie08

If American cops are involved when it happened in Canada, we have to assume the worst.........

• Advertisement

Cornette not impressed with Gargano's return

I know there’s a segment of the audience that appreciates his technical brilliance in the ring, even though he’s bland, expressionless, personality-less and couldn’t sell p*ssy on a troop train much less a ticket to a wrestling match.

But can’t we all agree that they’re going a little too far on Twitter, when this was headlines it was ‘Oh my God Johnny Gargano’s back!’ It was like Cena has come back full time. Or my god, here’s Steve Austin in his prime. Are they going a little a little overboard on this? I know he’s a Triple H guy. And that’s probably why he sat at home and did his daddy thing with his new baby and just waited and figured Well f*ck, Vince is older than I am. He’ll die eventually.”

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

"Cornette not impressed"

F*cking shocker! 🤣

Miz returns Monday to face Lashley

I'm guessing when Kai & Sky win the titles tonight Naomi & Sasha walk out and say they are the champions setting up a match in Wales next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Kai and Sky are in the 6 woman tag match for Cardiff already, so unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Shooosh Off

Riddle and Rollins getting personal, their CATC match should be intense

Post edited by JP Liz V1 on

Gable is so fun. Glad he’s getting the chance to show off his stuff every week now. The Yeet on Otis was hilarious too.

Rollins and Riddle segment was intense. And the move towards Sami/KO vs Usos progressing nicely too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Interesting decision in the tag tournament final... I suspect they don't want Sky and Kai buried when Sasha and Naomi make their big return, only way it really makes sense to me

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Riddle and Rollins segment was great, one of the best segments of the year. Definitely an homage to Cormier/Jones too, for whoever hasn't seen it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Thinking the exact same thing. I could also see a Raquel heel turn aswell to execute it

Was on tvline earlier before I could watch Raw and they had the headline of the tag match winners with a photo, so had that spoiled on me. The test now is will they give them a chance before taking the titles off them again. They got the main event spot here but in the Vince days they wouldn't be seen again for weeks, maybe. Thing is, between the 2 of them, I can't remember a single promo they've done on the main roster.

I see Dominik decided to go for his Papi's hairstyle.

How could Kurt and Gable not mention Gable teaming with Kurt's son?

Priest impressed on the mic

Edge with Kurt still funny

I think it's just Kai's setup for a finisher, but did Raquel kick out of Io's finisher in a tag match? If they wanted that, I think Aliyah should've broke the pin up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭ThePott

Good Raw with some big highlights.

The Cormier/Jones promo with Riddle/Rollins totally got me invested in a feud I didn't care for, awesome. Also want to give praise to a promo I haven't seen many mention which was the Gargano/Theory one. Really loved Theory's delivery here.

Loved the continuing of the Lumis/Miz stuff. They have managed to get Lumis so over it's impressive and it was very creatively handled this week, loved the security guard fake-out. As an aside, I don't know why Ciampa had body glitter on but it did make me chuckle compared to his past personas.

Between Kurt this week and Trish last week they've done a good job of incorporating legends lately. I absolutely bust my ass laughing at Sami's entrance with the Usos, it was gas and can't wait to see where the KO story goes with him and Sami and also liked them actually acknowledging how the cost him his chance against Roman, continuity!

The big controversy I'm sure is the finish to the Women's tag. Have mixed feelings leaning towards being more positive to it. Sky and Kai were the obvious choice so in that way it was a nice surprise upset but, damn I would have liked them to win but with the 6 woman tag in Cardiff I was sort of okay with them not having the belts. Which if we're honest are mid-card belts and while it would be nice to see their profile raised, I also think it is a good boost for Raquel and Aaliyah (even though I think Raquel is more deserving of that spot). I did like seeing the babyfaces being smart for a change though. It's also one of the reasons I'm not sure about Naomi and Banks coming back for the tag belts as I think they have more potential (Sasha especially) as singles stars.

The best thing I can say about Raw these days is that it's no longer a surprise to say that it's good and that's so refreshing after recent years.

Miz taking on Bobby in a steel cage

Braun and Indi rumoured to be on Raw

Interesting to see where they will go with Mysterios. Is Dom now with Judgement Day or is he a lone wolf who hates everyone

Rey vs Dom is going be an awkward enough match in this era (Vince vs Shane was in the attitude era and that Vince vs Stephanie thing was **** odd)

Dominik should head to NXT in that way he can do his own thing and get more in ring experience

• Advertisement

Its goth Domink Mysterio

Another Edge injury angle ?

Advertisement