Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Raw Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭ThePott

Hmm... Naomi's finisher; the Rearview. Sasha's finisher; the Bank Statement.

Could it be?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

They've not been missed, in my opinion.

Naomi is an entrance and nothing else. Sasha is a good wrestler but a dose on promos.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,078 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

If Becky is out injured, they could be Bianca's back up against Bayley and her posse

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

SRS is usually the hype man WWE feed stuff too, so I’d say that’s looking pretty good.

At the very least,t hey want eyes on the show tonight. Those two returning don’t nessecarily excite me, but it does clearly show a change in booking philosophy and a trust from certain people in Hunter.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Yeah I'm hearing RAW after Mania type show planned. Which is well overdue cos the one after the Mania just gone was awful 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 28,806 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

In a surprise twist, Vince has been hired as an onscreen character.

• Advertisement

Those triple threats should be incredible if given time…

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Giving Ciampa his old theme back, CFOS or not, would be a good start...

Can't remember the last time I watched Raw live. It has my attention for half an hour tonight.

Is that Chad Gable? And Ali in there as well.

Surely HHH wouldn't be so cruel to us as to have the Mysterios be the ones to beat The Ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,792 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Feel Dolph Ziggler is winning the US title number 1 contender thing

I hope Gable wins

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Ciampa and Styles maybe and Ciampa faces Lashley at Clash. Plays into their existing feud, HHH likes Ciampa and might help convince Gargano to return when he sees Ciampa being booked well.

Not looking good for Becky on the injury front

No outrageous fashion from Becks

Becks seems genuinely proud and respectful of the champ Bianca but she is a lost to WWE, expect her return to a huge pop, how long will she be out?

RR returns for Becks and Cody?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I could see Survivor Series for Becky. Cody, I think they wait for the Rumble return at no 30.

• Advertisement

Thought it was an ultra solid episode of Raw, which probably sets the foundations for stories going forward. As opposed to this spectacular Raw that would have been forgotten within a few weeks.

Ciampa got the rocket strapped to him. Women’s division got a lot of focus. Iyo given time to prove herself. Loads of promo time, with a feeling not everyone was written by the same script writer. Solid work rates in the triple threads.

The Mysterios vs Judgement Day stuff is a bit of a dud to me. And teasing the Banks and Naomi return feels a bit pointless if they aren’t there (but that could be getting teased for a bit, to hype the return).

100% tuning in to next week, mainly to see Ciampa vs Lashley, which will be an interesting match in terms of size differences.

I think Smackdown needs Sasha and Naomi more than Raw after Bayley and co returning tbh. Ronda is now kayfabe suspended and Charlotte is still MIA so there's literally Liv, Natalya, Shayna, Alliyah and Shotzi there. Assuming the girls are coming back with the belts they'll be on both shows anyways but Smackdown is definitely lacking some star power in the female division.

I'd like to see Becky come back at the Rumble and go after Ronda for Mania, doesn't have to be for the title even but that one on one match has to happen imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭ThePott

Not sure if it was the 'Statement' show but definitely far better than usual and a good set-up for the future.

The triple threats were excellent, especially loved Style's clash finish. Women's focus was great, Iyo seemed a bit rusty but solid match. Loved the way they built up the importance of the US title, which is what they need to rebuild it. Becky being out for a while is only going to help her return as a mega babyface.

Definitely agree that Smackdown needs Naomi and Banks more right now. Lot more focus on wrestling this week which is good, although the crowd seemed dead (no piped in audience either). It's all positives really and a step in the right direction. It being 3 hours is always going to work against it.

With Ronnie suspended, Shotzi or Lacey could be build as the top heel to face Liv

I wanna see Edge spear Rhea

AJ and Ziggler could team to feud with The Usos

Edge is a happily married man Liz, no more live sex celebrations 🤣🤣

I completely forgot about Lacey Evans actually

When there's a female member of a faction that's attacking male wrestlers I always try to think of someone to side with the guys being attacked. So apart from another Beth return, who could they get to counter Rhea? I'd say if they did get someone it might be someone from NXT like Kayleigh Ray/Alba Fyre.

Expected shenanigans during that Bianca match since wouldn't be good for Iyo to lose right away.

I always enjoyed the mixed tag matches

Triple H led creative is really going places and building back up interest for the product

Looking forward too Lashley vs Ciampa next week, ill be delighted if the rematch takes place in Cardiff but hard to know really as title matches are sometimes not on PPVs. Ciampa main event potential is slowly been realised again

I'm guessing Rey is going to be pissed off at Edge, wish Rey would actually realise that Dominik is a 'wrestler' and is going to get hurt. His annoying emotion is on par with Bianca after she wins a match

Nice to hear Metalingus is back for Edge

• Registered Users Posts: 9,693 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Ciampa beating AJ was nice, but unless they're going to have a feud over the belt, a bit of a pointless match considering they only really got into it at SummerSlam.

The rest was the same old shite, will Dominick turn heel, won't he, will anybody care? (think we can safely answer that one),

How are we going to know edge is going to go too far without him being able to pull at his hair?

If you're going to do all that to put over the importance of the US title, would you not have the champion there?

I don't know, I'm not putting all my eggs in with someone who spent their entire career in WWE bar a couple of matches who couldn't book a 2 hour show and Vince McMahon's literal daughter to dramatically change the product.

Post edited by hynesie08 on

• Advertisement

Advertisement