Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Raw Superthread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

so very very very very stupid. They had a great thing going with TJD. Unless Edge also has an injury we don't know about, this is such an idiotic move.

WWE, eh?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I can only comment on this as someone who watches clips on Yotutube, but I feel that Baylor looks a way better fit for the group, at least on a superficial level. Baylor, Priest and Rhea look way more like a collective than they did with Edge in that spot. Edge, from what I’ve seen, looked a little too much like he was rehashing some stuff from the past, and given his age and legend status, a heel Edge wasn’t very appealing to me.

Balor as a heel with those two, however, looks way more appealing. Priest and Rhea physically look more intimidating when working with a guy Balor’s size too. And Finn probably needs a group way more than edge does.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭TheLocalMan95

Yeah Baylor may be a better fit, hopefully they sign him and he can join.

Balor on the other hand is an awful fit, Unless they change the gimmick to something more BC related.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭TheLocalMan95

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I like that Balor is the leader of the New Judgement Day.

It’d be good to have a 2022 version of the job squad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

“WWE is so predictable..”

WWE does a swerve..

“Ugh, typical WWE”..

Some people are never happy! Cody going leaves a massive Face on Raw needing filling, and where Lashley and Riddle have been mentioned, they still needed to fill the Cody one, and Edge makes more sense considering his HOF status!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I'd imagine this was going to be the end result anyways which would have made more sense played out over a bit longer and culminating possibly in a Balor/Edge match at SummerSlam. Which may have to be fast forwarded to MITB now because of Cody's injury.

But bright side is heel Balor on the main roster which means the collar flicking smiley eejit Balor can be chucked in the bin.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Yeah it's interesting in the short term and makes everyone a bit more relevant, but it makes absolutely no sense. If they'd just booked the ppv match a little differently it could have worked.. but they didnt. It's basically just a Russo swerve

• Registered Users Posts: 85,102 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Orton out legit injured or kayfabe?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,173 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Sad to say but I guess the company doesn't hold Tozawa in any high regard.

I don't remember the undertaker, Hulk hogan, Steve Austin, the rock, bret hart etc loosing to a woman on raw.

Also the dreaded school boy. Its put more people away than any finish lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭The Bollocks

Rhodes is such a suck up to the fans. That so-called injury is 100% a work, nice makeup job you stupid blondie bollocks.

Fightful Select halted those rumours when they reported that Edge was removed from the group because they wanted to take it in a supernatural angle similar to the Undertaker and Edge didn’t agree.

In fact, Edge recently shot down fans comparing him to the Undertaker, so his vision or alliance to content was pretty clear for a while.

Was AJ legit hurt against Seth?

Imagine if Elias really had a twin brother 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 28,813 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Alexa and Liv? That's a team I can get behind. 😎

Seems strange having Becky face Asuka to qualify.

Unless he's injured, I can see AJ winning a second chance qualifying match.

Seeing Riddle facing Ciampa reminded me that both men took part in Fight Pit matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,799 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Christ don't mention the word 'injury'. The wwe roster is so limited atm

Yeah Elias set to appear next week. Segment could definitely be in its so bad is good category

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I love the Ezekiel/Owens stuff. It's mostly down to Owens basically turning everything he's given into brilliance but Big Zekey has played his part well. I'd love if they somehow managed to get Ezekiel and Elias on the screen at the same time, it would be absolutely amazing!

People were talking about Balor being a jobber a while back but where does AJ go from here? Has lost pretty much every major match he's been involved in the past 12 months.

Apparently the attendance for Raw was terrible this week. Only just over 2k tickets sold, not surprising either when you get stuff like Theory and Lashley in a feckin pose off, and that's supposed to be the top male title on Raw thanks to Roman!

Theory seems to be taking the jungle juice too 😂😂 there's no way those traps are natural!

Theory jacking up to face returning Cena

• Registered Users Posts: 37,799 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Yep and he made sly dig at Cena during his backstage interview

This time 3/4 years Theory could be the face of wwe

• Registered Users Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The Elias/Ezekiel reunion may be the first thing I've been interested in seeing on Raw in years.

Rhea out of MITB, legit injured?

WWE having a tough time with injuries and part time champions and challengers

• Advertisement

Rollins vs. Riddle for SS?

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Elias bit did not disappoint. I thought it was feckin brilliant.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Since joining the New Judgement Day Finn hasn’t appeared in person on Raw. Essentially making the group and Finn look like jobbers and not important.

They should have capitalised off the big swerve on edge and had the group feature on raw the following week. Interest in the group seems to be gone already.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I haven't really been watching too closely but from what I have seen it's definitely the best thing they're doing at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Rhea knocked her own teeth out. That group is dead in the water now, well it was never really going anywhere to begin with IMO.

Elias and KO has been the only thing going right since Cody has been out. Theory has been solid enough. Becky and Asuka had another decent match I suppose. The roster is fairly bare as soon as a few people get injured or go missing. Like Carmella and Natalya replacing Sasha and Naomi is a step backwards, even if it was forced upon them.

Riddle had a fair amount of momentum after last Friday's match, and even he loses to Omos this week. I wonder is Edge legit injured as well.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

My family are only very, very casually interested in wrestling. But that’s the story they are actively following and asking about 😂

Where's Sonya and Zelina?

I'd add Chad Gable to MITB, does Omos even need a ladder

Riddle and Becky are so over as is the E brothers, KO is gold

If Edge was still leader of that group there’s no way they would have ended up on Main Event.

Poor Damian Priest can’t catch a break. From hanging with a HOF to now viewed as a jobber.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,813 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The way they did that card at the start made it seem like Lesnar would be on Raw instead of just showing what happened on Smackdown.

Shortage of talent these days yet they have Ciampa and AJ in a short quickly thrown together match.

Trying to think, is that the most we've heard from Alexa since her return?

So what now for Becky? As she said, she's on the poster.

As for the Roman/Lesnar thing, will Heyman have to go all Gollum/Smeagol to promote it? With 2 part timers he'll have to represent both sides.

Advertisement