Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Raw Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Predictable burial for finn there

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Yeah obvious as day he was losing. I don’t see what they see in theory and as soon as he puts his foot out of line or sneeze of some bull like that they’ll drop them and turn him completely into a joke act.

Fergal seem happy enough to be collecting cheques off WWE but you can see he’s not motivated and doesn’t care about wrestling anymore just going through the motions. Sad to see.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Whatever about Balor, it's amazing how over Cody is basically doing the same stuff as he was in AEW that he was getting booed for, albeit turned down a notch. He's easily the most over face in the company currently. I'm ok with Theory getting the belt as they somehow made it seem like a big deal for once rather than just being a prop like the midcard titles normally are.

Speaking of which I kind of like the Street Profits being tweeners, shame the tag titles will go back to obscurity after they get unified as there have been some very good matches on Raw recently involving them. Orton and Roman have only faced each other once on PPV, surely there's scope for a feud there for a couple of months?

I was laughing about people losing their minds about there only being two active women's tag teams in main roster WWE presently - as if it magically appeared overnight as an issue and they didn't cobble together teams for a meaningless match at Mania😂

That Ezekiel/KO stuff has no right to work but it did. Not sure why they're tossing away the Sonya Deville angle on a throwaway RAW mind you, presumably Becks comes back for a rematch at Backlash in that case?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Burial my arse. Balor is 40 and put over a very talented 24 year old. It's exactly what they should be doing. Their handling of Theory is probably the only thing WWE has done practically flawlessly in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Theory is great, that springboard kinda Spanish Fly was deadly. Balor was clearly just a transitional champ to get the belt from Priest to Theory, they had no plans for him at Mania. He did a decent job putting Theory over.

Tamina's boot in the wedding dress was impressive.

Edge's new gimmick has been shite so far, not a fan of the teleportation nonsense or the purple lighting. The idea of him having seeds planted in him by Gangrel/Ministry is scarier than anything else.

Cody is doing grand. Rollins calling Owens fat was funny, odd way to end it though, Owens is hardly going to turn halfway through the Ezekiel stuff, is he?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,806 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

A near fool proof way to see if it's really Elias is to give him a guitar and ask him to sing then if he gets interrupted he must be Elias.

I enjoyed the 24/7 wedding segment even though I probably shouldn't admit that. If they didn't have Truth there they would've been completely lost, even though he did forget the rings. He was great at crowd control. What was the crowd shouting anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Edge the new Undertaker 😁 Rhea's turn was expected

Rtruth looks in great shape for his age

I think Theory deserves a title reign, his push and gimmick since coming up from NXT has been good, his selling too with Lesnar, immense

Becky and Asuka returning to feud

That was an enjoyable main event tag

So Ali is back. Just for a final run to give Ciampa someone to work with or they come to some arrangement?

• Advertisement

How soon before RKBro are ending with Randy turning, seems inevitable

• Registered Users Posts: 37,788 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

How great would it be if they turned Riddle Heel instead of the inevitable Orton turn

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

At least they are starting to develop storylines for more than just the select few at the top.

On this episode we had:

RK-Bro VS Usos, Cody/Seth, Ezekiel/KO

Asuka and Becky starting a feud

AJ Styles and possibly Finn VS Edge and Priest

Rhea/Liv

24/7 stuff

Mustafa Ali going after the US Title with a roadblock of Ciampa

Bianca / Sonya

It's not ALL hitting but at least it's something compared to the rubbish we were being served previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Reddit said Raw has improved massively so I took a look.

Looks like the same old muck to me.

Becky's new look is cool and her and Asuka have delivered in their previous feuds but that's about it as far as anything interesting goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,692 ✭✭✭hynesie08

The 24/7 stuff is the most enjoyable thing on the show, and that's not a compliment to the 24/7 stuff.

Yes that would be unexpected

Was "Ezekiel" an idea, creation of Vince, I'm getting invested in him and KO

Sonya is a good heel and decent in the the ring

I was sure Zelina and Carmella were done

I'd say Theory vs. Cena is what Vince wants at SS this year or next year's WM by their twitter exchange

Was thinking that was a bit soon after Backlash. Didn't realise it was from 2009. The 17th being a Tuesday didn't help either

Noticed Damien Priest changed his finisher. A Cody condition?

Why do I feel Finn will betray AJ and join Edge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

The worse thing about the 6 man match on Sunday is knowing that it's the type of match that's thrown together on Raw or Smackdown. Like when all 6 were in the ring last night, they would usually cut to a break and come back with a 6 man underway. Or else like the women, it just makes a kinda sense to have the 6 person match.

As much as I enjoy the 24/7 bits (Dana heel turn) remember Nikki was recently women's champion? But looks like she and Dudrop are becoming a team with Nikki dropping the ASH gimmick.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,788 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Maybe my prediction of Finn leaving was a little premature

So who's beating the unstoppable Veer Mahann ?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

First time I've watched Raw in maybe a year? What the hell have they done to Seth Rollins?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,692 ✭✭✭hynesie08

*Completely unsubstantiated rumor that I made up

That's Seth Freakin' Rollins.

But yeah I tend to skip through his stuff now as it's usually the same thing every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,842 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Yeah it's such a non-entity of a main event. There are just zero stakes involved. It'd be worthy of a kick-off show, or early card warmup match, but that's about all really. Now, it could suddenly get interesting if they were to make it for all the marbles - winning tag team gets the unified tag belts, while the 'big boss' gets the unified championship belts. But I'm sure that won't happen and it'll just be for pride, continuing the tag belt story for another month, and setting up a Roman Drew fight.

Roman working hurt is the only explanation I can think of for adding him and Drew to the match. It's killed the build for the PPV completely.

• Advertisement

Yeah and wanted to add Roman somewhere to drive ticket sales maybe? Though how many fans would want to lose a title match where there's guaranteed to be a title change (barring any shenanigans)?

Advertisement