Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Raw Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,806 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I thought the 24/7 champion was immune during matches. And I think I said before but looks like it's not a DQ if the non legal person is attacked.

Even with Rhea, The Judgment Day are not very intimidating. They look like a poor man's Ascension.

Hope Theory is okay after mysteriously collapsing after throwing AJ back into the ring.

So TV-14 means Carmella gets to talk about her a$$?

And maybe it's because she usually wears tights, but never really noticed how thick Bianca's legs are.

As for Titus, they could use the excuse that it's his hometown, but the fact we very rarely see him and he now gets rolled out as a goodwill ambassador talking about all the great stuff they do and talking about no religion/politics or discrimination just as there's negative press just seems too coincidental.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭ThePott

This episode wasn't TV-14 despite all the talk.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The leaked story was debunked very quickly and the initial source even backtracked completely on it.

I thought as much, saw it almost immediately rebuffed but people kept going on about it so wasn't sure what to believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Did Pat McAfee not say something on Smackdown about not being PG-14 yet? I didn't watch, just read it somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,076 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Will Charlotte and Karen get involved?

Why is Ric showing up on Raw about this as no one on the current active roster is involved, JJ is back as a special ref for SS only

Jarrett is the Senior VP of Live Events apparently so I guess that's the tenuous connection. As for why Ric mentioned Raw, to get attention. Stay carny wrestling!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I am expecting his "aew's best want to get in the ring with me...both with me and against me" tweet before Dynamite this evening!

Followed by "ROH's #1 contender for the Television championship wants to get famous off the nature boy? ill see you in the ring...." on Saturday before Death before Dishonour

• Registered Users Posts: 37,791 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Really going nowhere with Veer Mahan

The cycle of big guys dominanting matches has been done to death

Think that was predicted a while back. After all the videos and build, he would come in and be working lower card matches in no time. Though has he lost yet since coming back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,842 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

And going "Rarrrrr, Arrrgggg" while they do it. Doing the same thing with Erik and Ivar now too, baddies who look very angry and revert to mostly monosyllabic nonsense, along with the occasional overwrought statement of domination or destruction or something. The least interesting kinds of characters, but one we keep seeing getting trotted out.

This Judgement Day and Dominic thing is baffling too... he's maybe the worse guy in WWE, why the bejesus would they be paying him any attention at all? It's also a bit mad that this long after coming in to join Rey, that he still doesn't seem to have improved his physique at all yet.

The final Raw before SS from MSG with Reigns and Edge plus 20 years of Rey

Will Domnik will turn on his bastard Dad ?

Good way to right Rey off for a few months

Yes seems likely Dom turning on Rey, with Edge to make the save

As @-rebel- said above why recruit Dom who has got worse in ring, he was decent when starting out, maybe NXT for him

Some noise for Roman

Loved 'daddy's gone' comment too Theory from Roman

• Registered Users Posts: 9,693 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Piped in crowd noise and a million camera cuts, I'm out again.

So Dom didn't turn on Rey yet

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I know not much was going to change overnight but they missed a big chance with new eyes tuning in after news of HHH taking over creative to do something big.

Perhaps they can use the raw after SummerSlam as a jumping off point for a mini-reset as such. But I feel like they missed a trick last night to do something other than the usual 3 hour plodfest.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I don't think Trips was ever going to walk in on night one, tear up the scripts and start utterly new. "Business as usual" is an important part of transitions, but I'd bet the likes of Cole not having Vince screaming in his ear, scripts torn up an hour before the show started, etc would have been subtle changes that fans wouldn't notice immediately.

I'll give Raw a few weeks to impress me post Summerslam, since they can end stories naturally there and move towards new ones safely then. It's unlikely they'd have Roman dropping titles immediately, but even just a reassurance we can move on from the Roman vs Brock feud would drag me back for a little bit.

I presume the Rollins tease means that we'd see a Rollins vs Reigns feud post PPV. But I think the differences will be seen over weeks, not hours.

• Advertisement

I actually stuck it on for the first time in years last night but the camera cuts straight away for the Miz/Paul bit put me off immediately and then they show a replay of the whole brawl that I just watched.

I completely agree that nothing was going to change straight away and it'll take weeks and months but I'm probably better off waiting for that "Kevin Dunn has retired" headline to really try get back into it properly.

Another thing I hope they do is bring in a new Jim Johnston type to do themes because most of the themes are absolutely terrible from the ones I heard last night.

The Mysterio daughter coming into it now again.

Jesus, kind of ironic that Rhea is actually dating her former on screen boyfriend

Roman is cool, doesn't have to say anything, just acknowledge him, love Theory getting beat by anyone

That post shield Roman babyface shite never happened ok

This is the ultimate roman we need and wanted

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It is funny that it's Roman, Vince's ultimate golden boy, saying a line like "Daddy's gone."

When Drew faced Theory, was there any mention of it being The Chosen One vs The Chosen One?

Rey must've thought it was safe to allow Aalyah join them tonight now that Murphy is gone.

So after reports of Dunn saying Becky wasn't attractive enough, we then have them focus on Logan Paul when Maryse is entering the ring.

Not being familiar with all car emblems when the Mysterios arrived, I thought it was going to be Maximum Male Models when I saw the hood ornament.

Was expecting Dominik too hit Rey at any second during that promo the way he was prancing around

Edge's return was apparently put off for some reason. Maybe they need a bit of time for the Mysterios vs Judgement day (Aalyah needs to be hit by mistake or something. Then vengeance then etc)

Post edited by PTH2009 on

Aalyah vs Aliyah when?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Pentecost

• Advertisement

That's a shame as one of the newer feud matches and expected Riddle to go over

Advertisement