Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Raw Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭ThePott

Not surprised by the lack of wrestling on the show, as they set-up a lot of new people and some stories. Not that they have too much wrestling on their shows in general half the time anyway haha.

The Ludwig Kaiser name is grand, if not hilariously German. I definitely don't think Gunther or Imperium (if they will still be known as that) are as special as they once were after the last few months but could be interesting and booking him in an enhancement squash shows they want him to be a monster at least. The Raquel Rodriguez name change is pointless but whatever.

Things I liked: I'm shocked how much I liked Madcap Moss turning and I thought Corbin and his reactions played a blinder, crowd ate it up. Not sure how sustainable it will be but at least a good moment. Zayn vs McIntyre, I'd just be happy with Sami getting a good feud, he deserves it. Nakamura feuding for the title, I feel like we've been here before and maybe it's nothing to get excited about but I hope this leads to something great. That being said, it does feel like they have no idea what to do with Roman now he's defeated Brock, half expecting him to feud with Brock again by Summerslam.

Not so sure about: Butch is clearly meant to be Scrappy Doo and you can't tell me otherwise. Althought they hinted at him being Pete Dunne still so hopefully we get back to that before he can't be salvaged. Sasha was pinned by Liv, that's big but not sure if it was worth doing for the sake of the tag titles. Lacey's promo... hmm. I mean, it was pretty blunt and a mood killer but I'm not sure how much it will get over, this was basically what she started as in NXT. She ticks every WWE box though, a stunning blonde inspirational military mom so let's see if they can capitalise on it. She needed a repackage but I think this promo and the rapid change of character without any acknowledgement of her previous persona was a bit clumsy.

It was better than Raw at least.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

That was more of an 'after Wrestlemania' show than RAW... not surprising given Raw hasn't even got a world title at the top of the card currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,053 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Reigns will be appearing on both shows seems fair as he is the full undisputed champ

• Registered Users Posts: 28,797 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Not sure about the Indies but Walter was known as the Ring General in NXT UK as well.

The Lacey Evans story seems strange. They should've just brought her back. She was popular before she went out so check the reaction then decide about the story.

Seeing the story made me think of that story they did before. Who was it that was doing the story of bullying as a kid? He was released not long after it started I think.

As said the Raquel Rodriguez name change seems pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

They've ruined Lacey. She is one of the best around at actually committing to a fun, over the top gimmick and now they've given her the standard boring wOrK hArD character that 90% of wrestlers have.

• Advertisement

I don't mind Ludwig if not used to the Marcel name which most probably aren't. Definitely not Butch bad. Speaking of, Pat called him Pete once. And he kept calling them the Eastern Boys, or something. New name?

As for Gunther, the crowd chanted "Walter", Pat said they were chanting Gunther then Cole corrected the pronunciation.

Looks like vince was to go back to the 80s cartoon character wrestlers

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭orecir

Gunthers debut was badass. The guy is pure money. Can see him main eventing by years end for the gold.

Idiotic changing his music. It's public domain, isn't it? Not like there is rights issues with CFOS or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭ThePott

Even thought classical music is public domain to perform you still have to pay whoever performed that rendition AFAIK.

• Advertisement

Ah, fair enough. Still, it'd be a pittance and it sounded brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,773 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Is it time to merge the Raw and SD threads ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,692 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Where did the Smackdown thread go @Lord TSC @Bounty Hunter

I preferred them separate but if missing and if we want to comment here is probably best

Ronda or Charlotte "quitting" WWE

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

If it can't be saved by next week just start a new thread. Be grand.

Looks like Cody is facing Miz tomorrow which has got Twitter in a frenzy as some claiming Miz is below Cody's level, personally I'd put Miz above Cody imho

Probably AEW bots...

Miz is a fine first feud or mini-feud for him. A heel egomaniac vs a face egomaniac.

Gold help us if Maryse and Brandi get involved though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Veer is completely cardboard and uninteresting.... He'll be on main event battling mansoor in no time

• Registered Users Posts: 37,773 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭orecir

Loving the new Priest gimmick.

Great to keep the supernatural element with undertaker and the fiend gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I would gladly do a comedy gimmick in WWE! :p

Actually on that subject fair play to Santino for breaking the mold. Doing a comedy gimmick is usually the kiss of death but he managed to stay on WWE TV for 9 years most of which was comedy. Am sure pulling that cobra out of his pants is paying his kids through college now. Fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Cotts72

I'm all for priest and Edge along with rhea or someone else bringing back the brood 2.0

Best thing about raw so far since mania is Kevin Owens trying to dispute ezekial as elias younger brother

Sonya as Bianca's next opponent was well... Kinda predictable. Don't get me wrong I'm ok with it but there's a serious lack of credible challengers for her on Raw, which makes the call up of Raquel to Smackdown a little baffling tbh! Presumably they're just kicking their heels till Bayley is good to go cos that's got SummerSlam written all over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I could get behind an Orton Reigns feud

Maybe I missed it but looked up to see why Rey wasn't fighting Veer as planned. Supposedly some medical issue. So was Dominik the target that Veer mentioned previously?

Saw a sign saying they were ready for Asuka and Io. That's probably how they'll bring Io in, as part of a tag team.

Sonya mentions Carmella's honeymoon but no mention of Alexa's when listing possible contenders.

Think Cody being corrected by Miz was scripted?

And Theory lost his first name.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,833 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Wonder if the Carmella/Alexa thing with only mentioning one wedding was just that Carmella has a spinoff show.

That's what I thought. The fact they use the relationship on the main shows as well. While Alexa's wedding is from her private life and not part of her tv character.

• Advertisement

Finn vs. Theory tonight for the title

Advertisement