Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Raw Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It looks like it but I hope it's not a House of Black knock-off. They are are shíte anyway, like the vast majority of spooky/occult stuff in wrestling. What do they actually do? They've been trying to possess a cheerleader for about 6 months at this stage.

Someone would want to pull Malachy Black aside and just tell him "You're not half as cool as you think you are, no more creative control for you."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

It's being reported now that Ciampa and Ripley are possibly joining them. Sounds like all killer, no filler.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ciampa will look like a midget next to Edge, Priest and Rhea….

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Still better than whatever the alternative would have been on the main roster, just like Dunne probably got off easy with the name change and being put with Sheamus.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,802 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I was close suggesting Elias when we get his younger brother.

So now they don't have a number 1 contender's match, they just have a championship contender's match against the champions which they lose and still get a title shot? Though I guess they didn't really lose since it was an illegal tag at the end since Naomi wasn't holding the tag rope. 😀

So all the talk from Veer and having his eyes on a target, and it was Dominik?

Who were Zelina and Carmella meant to fight?

Expected someone to come out for the save with AJ instead of just officials.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

The Blackheart stuff definitely suits whatever their plans are. But with them being positioned as heels and Roman holding both main belts I'm not sure where it fits exactly. I just want the WWE Title back on Raw so there's some sort of focal point, it's fairly rudderless without a world title at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,294 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Elias/Ezekiel could be Ciampa  with out the beard.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,059 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Rhea turning on Liv joining Edge's brood next week could be good

I think Ciampa should stay face maybe help Styles

Rollins and Cody tag team?

MVP returns for Omos

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Brody getting attacked for his tweet 😂 Seems like some members of the WWE Universe can be a tad over-sensitive!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭ThePott

Mmm... bait.

It goes both ways, see all the AEW fans having a meltdown because Cody went back to WWE or because Seth Rollins insulted Meltzer, a lot of Rollins' tweets in general for a time proved that. Should also remember there's far more shots going one way than the other, which is fine, WWE are the enemy and the monopoly and all that. It's a good hook to jaded fans but at the end of the day, it's two billionaires in a pissing contest. If you watch some of both promotions like a lot of people, there's enjoyment to be had from both because they're fairly different products by and large. There's room for both.

I get you're trying to prove that WWE fans are thin-skinned tribalists but you coming to the thread to say this is did nothing but prove that there's plenty of AEW fans like that too, be better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

I'm only replying to talk in the thread man, don't take it so seriously.

Didn't notice any of your mmm bait posts under any of the smarks, Meltzer Cultists, Khan fanboys etc. posts you see around here (which are all good btw, it's just a bit of craic). Maybe be better there.

Cody is a draw baby the biggest raw ratings in over a year vince will be offering aew talent fortunes to jump ship and help him out now

You're kinda leaving yourself open here. If Cody is such a big draw why were Dynamite's ratings not as high as that frequently? It's a number of factors, not just Cody (although he generates interest) let's not jump the gun.

Yeah it wasn't the tweet though, was it? It's the usual stirring of WWE fans are sensitive. You only ever pop into non-AEW threads to stir if we're honest. There's plenty of others on the forum like that and it's grand, I don't give a toss either way but I'll all you out on it no bother.

I've got in plenty of arguments with people for lick-assery on one side or the other or people who can't take any criticism of the product. Even called out bait. It just so happens that a lot of people love to pop into the WWE threads to say how they didn't watch it but it's terrible. Outside of those threads they're often excellent posters with balanced views that make great contributions, so going for the low hanging fruit and taking pot shots for no reason is just sad.

I don't need to be better but thanks for trying 😉

Rock's mammy interacted with Cody in his dark match against KO

• Registered Users Posts: 37,781 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

KO calling out The Rock for Mania 39 confirmed then

Ringside news is now reporting and contradicting cody by saying they spoke to raw writers who said codys promo was 100% scripted despite cody saying it was not scripted at all by the wwe

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Theres no way that was scripted by WWE. That promo was actually good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,692 ✭✭✭hynesie08

So Cody "focus group" Rhodes, who wasted the cm punk promo he had written before the ink was dry on Phil's contract because he knew he wouldn't get a match with him, pulled that promo out of his ass?

Add being a liar to reasons he's the absolute worst.

I mean Ringside News is notoriously dreadful, hell they've even had people harass Reddit users who badmouthed them, so much so they got banned as a source. That being said it probably does depend on your definition of scripted. I would guess the vague gist of his promo, he's not gonna come out and say that he's after the world title without permission and I think that would be the case anywhere. They'd also need to know for the sake of what they put up on the titantron.

Does that count as scripted? Who knows? Then again I'd be shocked if Cody hadn't it built into his contract that he can have some leeway in promos if he wants that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,692 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Actually, did he say not scripted by WWE? I fully believe ender of racism Cody Rhodes has his own writer that he pays out of pocket.

Is Cody on Smackdown tonight, cannot seem to locate the Smackdown thread

Thought it was just me, fairly odd the thread has suddenly vanished

Getting a nice surprise tonight, jesus how can you get worse then Butch and the Viking Experience

Ciampa? Io?

Smackdown thread here, but missing posts after September 2016

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2057652961/smackdown-live-superthread

For the mods, I see there was a similar issue in the Film forum discussed in the offtopic thread in the last few posts.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2057285800/film-forum-off-topic-random-chat-thread#latest

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Marcel Barthel is now "Ludwig" or "Ludwig Klaus" apparently! Who comes up with these names?!

Gunther und Ludwig? Probably drop the Imperium name as well.

Ludwig kaiser

Not the worst tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

"The worst one yet." More overblown dirtsheet shite. You'd worry about the people who listen to those twats. Probably avid readers of The Sun/Daily Mail too.

Ludwig Kaiser. What's the big deal? Ludwig sounds meh, a little better if it's pronounced Ludvig. Kaiser sounds cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,836 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

The name's are alright... Gunther, and Ludwig Kaiser.... but fcking hell, did they really need to dress Gunther up as something of a militaristic Nazi throwback, and call him the "Ring General", with a big title of "Gunther Invades", while Europe is at war? Seems in really poor taste right now. (or ever really, but especially right now). It's like they literally couldn't think of a single thing to do with a German or Austrian that isn't just "WW2".

His music is also basically the beginning of the 1989 Batman theme, but that's neither here nor there..

<edit> Bit of a weird show... only 4 matches, and they were all short. Felt like a loooot of promos, packages, and recaps.

Just did a quick scan back through - there was 16 minutes of actual wrestling matches on screen in total.

Post edited by ~Rebel~ on

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Just went back through my comments but I can't seem to go into the thread, tis like it's been deleted. Probably one of the many glitches of this awful, awful Vanilla platform.

Advertisement