Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Raw Superthread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I appreciate 99% of the audience who watch Raw don’t want NXT UK.

What I don’t get is why, when you call someone up to the main roster for the first time, and have them utterly dismantle one of the top women on the show, you don’t use that to actually advertise the UK brand. “Wow, that’s Piper Neven and she just had an incredible debut. And if you want to know more about her, and all the other impressive UK based talents, make sure to check out the NXT UK shows, available only on the WWE Network!”

Instead, they not only don’t know her, they straight up send the message there’s no real point getting invested in smaller shows, since they will straight up ignore them when people get called up, for some reason. It’s weird they wouldn’t even have one commentator excitedly explaining something if who she is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Lord TSC wrote: »

What I don’t get is why, when you call someone up to the main roster for the first time, and have the, utterly dismantle one of the top women on the show, you don’t use that to actually advertise the UK brand. “Wow, that’s Piper Neven and she just had an incredible debut. And if you want to know more about her, and all the other impressive UK based talents, make sure to check out the NXT UK shows, available only on the WWE Network!”

Instead, they not only don’t know her, they straight up send the message there’s no real point getting invested in smaller shows, since they will straight up ignore them when people get called up, for some reason. It’s weird they wouldn’t even have one commentator excitedly explaining something if who she is.

Not even the bloody website had it - when NXT UK get's advertised on the site:
    Eva Marie's return led to her mysterious cohort defeating Naomi

After weeks of teasing her return, the in-ring match of the beautiful and charismatic Eva Marie was delayed even further when she allowed her mysterious cohort to replace her in the matchup, a simply dominant force that overcame the glow with The Michinoku Driver.

"mysterious cohort".....Jesus wept!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lord TSC wrote: »

What I don’t get is why, when you call someone up to the main roster for the first time, and have the, utterly dismantle one of the top women on the show, you don’t use that to actually advertise the UK brand. “Wow, that’s Piper Neven and she just had an incredible debut. And if you want to know more about her, and all the other impressive UK based talents, make sure to check out the NXT UK shows, available only on the WWE Network!”

They might as well send piper Niven back to nxt uk after what they did last night because the commentators are meant(they can’t do it right) to make us the audience care about wrestlers and she’s DOA now. Unless Eva Marie has learned how to actually wrestle then I don’t care one bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,870 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Going by the way Piper was acting afterwards she's playing a girl trying to get the pretty girl's approval.
    I'm nearly scared to look at comments online that will very likely just focus on her weight.
    They recognise NXT talent and have even recognised talent from other promotions so how could they not recognise Piper.
    I guess they're going to rename her.

I know I said before, but it's getting harder to identify who is Mandy and who is Dana.

Is the women's title match a triple threat yet?

Did Jeff seriously put his career on the line right after losing a match?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Not even the bloody website had it - when NXT UK get's advertised on the site:

"mysterious cohort".....Jesus wept!

Supposed to be consort?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,479 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

CastorTroy wrote: »

Is the women's title match a triple threat yet?

Did Jeff seriously put his career on the line right after losing a match?

I hope Nikki and Asuka are added, fatal fourway in a cell, I can't take to Rhea yet

Jeff deserves better, at one time he was the most over guy in WWE, so popular

I'm guessing Drew is losing at HIAC

• Registered Users Posts: 37,972 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I hope Nikki and Asuka are added, fatal fourway in a cell, I can't take to Rhea yet

Jeff deserves better, at one time he was the most over guy in WWE, so popular

I'm guessing Drew is losing at HIAC

Can see one of Drew and Jeff winning the MITB

Drew going to SD in the draft will be much needed tbh

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Can see one of Drew and Jeff winning the MITB

Drew going to SD in the draft will be much needed tbh

Jey SD MITB, Xavier or Omos Raw MITB maybe?

Did I read on here somewhere a face push for Ryker

Don't they only have 1 MitB for the men and 1 for the women?

Yep last year it was like that

I would be a fan of brand specific matches but kind of pointless if there doing a draft in the near future

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I'm no fashionista but Eva Marie's gear looked very cheap and ill-fitting.

Yeah I think if she tried wrestling in it, she may have given us an eyeful.

Is there still MITB ppv?

Google tells me it's on July 18th

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Might be better to go back to not knowing her name

At least Ricochet is sort of relevant again. Hard to see him winning the MITB but you never know

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Cotts72

So Nikki cross is a superhero now?

I expect Hurricane or Mighty Molly to appear at some point.
    Alexa got new music as well. Will see if that means her Playground is gone.

So the men all get singles matches to qualify but the women use tag matches?

Piper turn on Eva already? Or likely they'll talk and Piper will tell her the problem.

Rick beating AJ, Morrison beating Randy and Riddle beating Drew? Yet I'm guessing none of them will be winning. They're just in there for the spots.

Hell in a Cell is career shortening so let's have 4 Cell matches in 4 days and it's so unforgiving and all that yet have the same guy win 2 nights in a row.
    I think that just made the cell matches mean even less.

Yep i don't even know what to say and think of Superhero Nikki Cross

Jackson Ryker is such an odd character and cant see it going anywhere when his stuff with Elias is finished

The MITB qualifying matches were very good and the outcomes were good. Interesting where they go with Drew now

Riddle is so bloody annoying and i cant wait to see full blown heel Orton murder him

The magic has really gone from HIAC matches although last nights one was good. Id be up for a new day break up and they both go there separate ways

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I expect Hurricane or Mighty Molly to appear at some point.
    Alexa got new music as well. Will see if that means her Playground is gone.

So the men all get singles matches to qualify but the women use tag matches?

Piper turn on Eva already? Or likely they'll talk and Piper will tell her the problem.

Rick beating AJ, Morrison beating Randy and Riddle beating Drew? Yet I'm guessing none of them will be winning. They're just in there for the spots.

Hell in a Cell is career shortening so let's have 4 Cell matches in 4 days and it's so unforgiving and all that yet have the same guy win 2 nights in a row.
    I think that just made the cell matches mean even less.

The HIAC was WWE’s way of trying to make it up to USA Network for giving fox a HIAC last Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 31,186 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Yep i don't even know what to say and think of Superhero Nikki Cross

Jackson Ryker is such an odd character and cant see it going anywhere when his stuff with Elias is finished

The MITB qualifying matches were very good and the outcomes were good. Interesting where they go with Drew now

Riddle is so bloody annoying and i cant wait to see full blown heel Orton murder him

The magic has really gone from HIAC matches although last nights one was good. Id be up for a new day break up and they both go there separate ways

At first I thought they were going to push an All-American hero veteran story, but instead they seem to be going for the PTSD vet that hangs out at the bus station type...

I could also buy more into the happy-go-lucky Riddle stuff if not for the sexual assault allegations... kinda kills the whole free-spirited vibe - though does play into the 'bro' vibe admittedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭ThePott

Was Raw worth watching? Seems like there's some potential in those MITB qualifiers and the HIAC match.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,186 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

ThePott wrote: »
    Was Raw worth watching? Seems like there's some potential in those MITB qualifiers and the HIAC match.

I would say it's probably the best episode for a good while alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I would say it's probably the best episode for a good while alright.

The bar has been fairly low however…

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

ThePott wrote: »

A lot of positive feedback online about it. The biggest takeaway was a lot of fresh matchups. WWE seems to be building towards fans coming back to live events and the tv studios apparently called Vince out on the product being stale.

From a quick read through the results I don’t see there being enough there to bring me back into the fold. Mighty Molly Cross was enough to make me say no thanks.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Getting Drew away from the title scene is a big plus. Like all faces in WWE he's gone stale and generic. Kofi VS Lashley is something new at least, even if the outcome is inevitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭ThePott

Couldn't bring myself to commit to the whole thing but watched the Virgin Media 1 hour version.
    It was basically the MITB matchs and the cell match. Was a pretty good show (the hour long version at least). Might even watch this Mondays.
    I like that they're going with some outside the box choices for the MITB match.

That being said I don't really see many of them as a viable threat aside from Big E on Smackdown. Still Ricochet and John Morrison being in a ladder match is enough to get me excited.

Orton vs. Styles vs. Drew for the final MITB ladder match spot tonight

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Orton vs. Styles vs. Drew for the final MITB ladder match spot tonight

I'm guessing Drew will win

Advertisement