Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Raw Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,058 ✭✭✭ThePott

First time watching a full Raw in quite a bit and aside from the obvious complaint of it being way too long, it was a pretty solid show.
    They're really getting behind Riddle and it's definitely paying off, could see him winning MITB (those allegations have ruined him i my eyes but anyway). Nikki Cross is another person that they're really getting behind with this superhero gimmick. I'm not sure about the look but I think it could work and Nikki has enough charisma to get it over so we'll have to see.

I also have to put my hand up and say, they've got me with this Eva Marie story. I'm really enjoying it and the DouDrop name actually works well in context and Eva will get a lot of heat when crowds are back, I like it so far. The Ricochet/JoMo match was sick, hoping that they're actually going to do something consistent with Ricochet now, probably the coolest he's looked in a while and that crossbody to the outside was insane.

Main event match was really good and of course Drew won. Sick of him in the title picture and if he wins MITB I'll be pissed. Also sick of the Rhea/Charlotte feud by now, really hoping this isn't the feud up till Summerslam, it's dragging already and has no momentum at all. Jaxson Ryker in general can just get in the bin and the 24/7 title is back, seems like it was an afterthought but sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,814 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was looking to see who in the MitB match they could have Drew feud with to stop him winning and I don't know if anyone. Think Riddle will be with Randy for the next while and Morrison and Ricochet won't be feuding with him.

As for Ricochet, unfortunately this is likely just another case of building him up to appear as a possible winner only to forget about him again until the next time his flippy style is needed.

Just thinking when they said about a live crowd, last year was the Corporate Ladder match and now this year it's back in a normal ring

• Registered Users Posts: 37,804 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Doubt it will happen but imaging if Woods costs Kofi the title and aligns himself with MVP and Lashley.

Drew with his Scottish folklore could end up winning the MITB but i hope he doesn't and is kept out of the title picture for a while. A move to SD in the draft would be ideal for him

• Registered Users Posts: 85,108 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I always felt WOODS was best to go heel from NEW DAY

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I always felt WOODS was best to go heel from NEW DAY

New day started out as heels if I remember correctly

Remember they done a heel promo at a Dublin house show saying 'soccer sucks' or something stupid like that. Think it was 2015

• Advertisement

Raw on BT Sport 2 tonight because of the NHL playoffs

Me thinks a match will become of this segment

• Registered Users Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Had a scroll through the YT videos, wasn't enticed to click on even one.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,081 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I'm guessing Drew will win

Have a look at the shítty, cartoony midcarder promo he cut last night on his sword and Jinder, and you might want to think again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,058 ✭✭✭ThePott

I know this is an obvious complaint but god is Raw too long, even when there's stuff on the show that works, sitting through it is painful.
    Opening promo was alright, decent line-up for MITB. Could they make Ricochet look like more of a geek? What was that R to the I to the C nonsense. His match with JoMo was alright, Miz blocking the ring was kinda funny.

Riddle is really becoming the main player on Raw these days, he's entertaining and doing a solid job. Again those allegations have tarred him a bit in my eyes but he's playing his role well. The Karate kid stuff was a little on the nose but I got a kick out of it (ba-dum-tss).

The 8 woman tag match was okay, didn't realise that Alexa was meant to be a face. Still it furthered a few angles and was a decent match. Super Nikki is sort of interesting and the Eva Marie stuff is fun. Ali/Mansoor are going to be a tag team aren't they? Drew/Jinder feud is absolutely yawn inducing. Jaxson Ryker getting a face push is dreadful, aside from the guy himself and his beliefs (which is a lot to put aside), he's the absolute drizzles in every respect. What the hell is this Charlotte/Rhea feud, it's rubbish. Please put it out of it's misery. Main event match was fine if nothing spectacular.

Also saw it mentioned that Tegan Nox was in a Raw Dark match so looks like she might be getting called up soon, it's weird considering presumably they've been teasing her on NXT the last few weeks and she won't be around for long. Unless they just wanted to give her ring time before her return.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Is there a bigger knob on raw than McIntyre? What was that terrible Alamo promo about?

• Advertisement

How are we meant to think Miz gets in and out of the ring in the wheelchair?

I'm no doctor but I'm sure if Charlotte was injured she'd be advised not to wear heels.

As for Alexa being a face, I'm sure they don't even know themselves what she's meant to be. I'm sure she'll be heel just as quickly.

So now that Bad Bunny is gone they don't know what to do with Priest? Who saw that coming? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 60,310 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A couple of months ago he was in the a great faction heading totally in the right direction and looking a million bucks after a great storyline and then Vince changes his mind.

The Mrs trying to get him future endeavored?

https://twitter.com/SwoleWorld/status/1412263043006935041?s=20

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

TimesArrow wrote: »
    Is there a bigger knob on raw than McIntyre? What was that terrible Alamo promo about?
    Getting VKM flashbacks

hqdefault.jpg

SlickRic wrote: »
    Have a look at the shítty, cartoony midcarder promo he cut last night on his sword and Jinder, and you might want to think again.

Yep that promo about the Loch Ness Monster was a serious load of horse ****

Another nothing episode of Raw but tbf Kofi vs Bobby and the MITB stuff is good

That package for Toni is for the old version of her character. Hope she sticks with the heel character.

Bobby broke pretty easily.

Edit: My bad, Toni is going to Smackdown

Post edited by CastorTroy on

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Cena does know Roman is on Smackdown, right? lol

Yeah was going to say that

Hes Hardly going to challenge Bobby and his appearance last night at the end was just to send a message to the entire roster not Roman

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

SO Cena is deemed to be a "free agent" and can appear on both Raw and Smackdown, his appearance on Raw seems to be nothing more than a ratings pop.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭The Bollocks

Cena and Goldberg in the house for RAW tonight

• Advertisement

Big Bill really needs to just retire from in ring stuff

Bobby or himself could seriously be injured

I like to see Big E show up to square off with Bobby despite being Smackdown

Naomi is gone to Smackdown

• Registered Users Posts: 53,872 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Funny i heard they buried Kross

NXT champion who wasn't beaten in WWE prior to going to RAW and his first match gets defeated by Jeff

Doesnt get his entrance music, no Scarlett and crowd were just dead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I don't mind that their strip away his entrance because it really shows how bland of a character Kross really is.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Ive no love for Kross, but why build a guy up for nothing.

Why strip away things that may give him some appeal?

Why have anyone lose on their debut?

Why have the always face JH cheat to win ?

Its all counter productive and typical WWE

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

My first thought after the main event is what another pointless title “reign” for CF.. 14 time champion.. how many of those have barely lasted any amount of time? Short title reigns damage the prestige of championships and winning a belt and losing it within 24 hours Is a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Raw sounded so promising last night on paper but then they go and Bury Keith Lee and Kross in one night. What's the point

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I agree with Kross, but I think Lee was alright. Got a big return pop, went up against a very dominant champion and managed to power out of the Hurt Lock. It was a strong return for an upper-midcard guy.

Kross was a disaster. If that's your first exposure to the guy, you'd be thinking he's a geek. Hurts NXT as a whole.

I will say though that overall, I thought it was a good Raw. I gave up watching when the crowds left cause I found it quite boring, and decided to try it out again last night (mainly in case Big E showed up). But it felt like theyd put effort into the shows again with the crowds back.

Charlotte's title runs make me roll my eyes. Her last 4 runs have totaled 19 days. Its blatent they want to get her to the record quickly, but favour quantity over quality.

Not sure about a superhero cashing in like she did, but I think it's awesome of Nikki that a few weeks ago, she was going nowhere, pitched an idea that got roundly mocked online but has carried her quickly into her first title run. That's exactly the sort of thing WWE often gets a lot of flack for (not giving people chances to get ideas over) and I appreciate seeing someone rewarded so quickly.

No real interest in Bobby vs Goldberg. Hope Bobby kills him quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

And there were people who actually wanted the WWE/New Japan partnership rumours a while back to be true. If Vince treats his own companies champions like that imagine how a wrestler from another company would be presented.

WWE stinks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Theres a huge disconnect from NXT to Main Roster.

Look how they initially put Gargano and Ciampa on main roster. The 2 men were killing eachother in NXT , then with no warning or reason they are a team on the main roster with none of their history acknowledged.

It wouldn't be hard to fix WWE but as long as the writing team are booking for Vinces tastes, WWE will continue to be the dumpster fire its been for years

Advertisement