Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 259

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Addessanya surly too fast and skilful for Jan . Hope addessanya wins so it keeps the possibility of a jones fight alive but would love to see him take a nap too

• Registered Users Posts: 19,149 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Pulling for a Jan win here.

I want to like Izzy but he rubs me up the wrong way. Would like to see him humbled.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

US2 wrote: »
    Addessanya surly too fast and skilful for Jan . Hope addessanya wins so it keeps the possibility of a jones fight alive but would love to see him take a nap too

I like any out come from this fight, although I don't like israels striking defense in general and want that exposed but Jan may not be the man.

BrentMused wrote: »
    And she's already beaten her twice!

I agree about it being the only option, but it shows how good she is when the only fight that makes any sort of sense is against someone she has already beaten twice.

Personally I think Valentina won that second fight. It was close but I thought Valentina landed more often and cleaner. But you're right, it shows how amazing Nunes is that it's even the only fight left for her to take. Dana better make that fight next or else he's basically the bald version of Oscar De La Hoya making nonsense fights.

Calling it now, Izzy gets KO'd.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I think Jan has this one.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Regardless I hope it is a quick enough one. I'm starting to fade.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭d00mk1n

Little Stipe vs Little Jones.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

Jaysus, this looks like an open-weight fight.

Tense and cagey first round.

• Advertisement

d00mk1n wrote: »
    Little Stipe vs Little Jones.

Perfect description :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

Feels like longer this goes on with not much happening, more it may suit Izzy?

Not much in this at all but Jan edges that round for me.

Not that you'd know from listening to Rogan & DC

I'd have it a round apiece so far but it's a stinker.

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Not much in this at all but Jan edges that round for me.

Agree, they love Izzy a bit too much.

Cali_girl wrote: »

Must've been tough to tweet this with his fist in the air for some reason!

They said Izzy is outstriking Jan. I don't know what fight they are watching cause Jan is landing the better shots.

Their bias is ridiculous and overall the commentary is awful. A light heavyweight title fight and in the first round they're just bantering away. Always hard with no crowd but the commentators detracting from any sense of occasion.

Their bias is ridiculous and overall the commentary is awful. A light heavyweight title fight and in the first round they're just bantering away. Always hard with no crowd but the commentators detracting from any sense of occasion.

Rogan saying Jan is being outstruck then a minute later Jon Anik says that jan has landed more significant strikes. Says it all.

• Advertisement

Izzy is starting to look good

Despite the lads again going on about Jan being hurt, I think that was Jan's round again.

Better shots and better grappling.

2-1 Jan but who knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Jan tired looking poor fight

Have it 2-1 to Blachowicz. Though with the way the cards have been tonight the only one I'd predict with the judges would be the first round to Adesanya.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,352 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Izzy's right hand might be banjaxed. Didn't throw it once in the last three minutes of the round and was holding it the odd time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Izzy is a bit b boring most of the time if I'm honest, 2-1 up anyway.

Despite the lads again going on about Jan being hurt, I think that was Jan's round again.

Better shots and better grappling.

2-1 Jan but who knows?

Izzy looking less confident in the corner than during the last round.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Rogan has picked Izzy’s side and that’s the end of it, regardless of what happens.

If you put together a supercut of all the "OOOHHHHHHHHH"s from tonight about 80% of the strikes were blocked. Meanwhile they'll be bantering when low-key shots actually stun.

• Advertisement

They said Izzy is outstriking Jan. I don't know what fight they are watching cause Jan is landing the better shots.

It's like they expect an Izzy KO, so everything else in the fight is just a preamble to what they think will happen.

No point talking Jan up because he's not going to win

Advertisement