Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 259

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

mdwexford wrote: »
    Go way you pair of dopes. Absolute muppets.

Yan cheated. End of story.
    Aljo didn’t want to win that way.
    Horrible end.

Lads keep it civil, have a proper discussion or stay off the forum if you cant.

US2 wrote: »
    Dope and a muppet for having an opinion?

An opinion can be wrong. And your opinion is objectively wrong. How many knees have you been hit in the head with to come to that conclusion? I'm gonna say a couple of hundred judging by the ludicrous "opinion" you have. :rolleyes:

I'd like to apologise to Axwell in advance for the comments on this thread. This stoppage is definitely going to have some emotional responses that need cleaning up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Even if could fight on (hypothetically, seemed pretty clear he couldn't) he should just take the win. Professional sport, opponent makes mistake, take full advantage. Sterling was 76k to show, 76k to win in his last fight at UFC 250. Presume it is more tonight being championship fight so win bonus even more significant and potential more as champion (ppv points etc). They're fighting for cash not fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Great acting from sterling there, embarrassing stuff.

How many digits is this one lasting is the question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Anderson
    Anyone saying that Aljo should have continued needs a look at themselves. He was took an illegal to the side of the head. It’s not on him to cover for Yan and continue while being severely compromised.

darced wrote: »

I'm no fanboy of Sterling but hearing this nonsense actually boils my blood. Cop on to yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

One judge had Sterling a point up ......!!

Not lauded r the realms of possibility.

I had it 2-1 but it's not as if the rounds were really one sided.

It did look like Yan was going to be going into the last round 3-1 up on two cards and 2-2 on another with a compromised (from fatigue) opponent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

MrStuffins wrote: »
    But how the fight went beforehand is completely irrelevant.

He got kneed in the head and it was a HEAVY knee. It's quite probable he had his clock cleaned by it.

Only thing to do, rematch

Definitely needs to be rematched. Ridiculous foul,what was yan thinking atall , just think aljo took advantage of it, he knew that was his only hope. He was getting KO'd.
    The judges will go unnoticed now because of the foul, 1 had aljo ahead that Is sickening

ClanofLams wrote: »
    Even if could fight on (hypothetically, seemed pretty clear he couldn't) he should just take the win. Professional sport, opponent makes mistake, take full advantage. Sterling was 76k to show, 76k to win in his last fight at UFC 250. Presume it is more tonight being championship fight so win bonus even more significant and potential more as champion (ppv points etc). They're fighting for cash not fans.

Would have full respect for him if he did that. No need for the acting, take the win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

How many digits is this one lasting is the question.

If Anderson is as shook as she looks, gone in 60 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Aljo got an illegal intentional knee. It's not his fault

I'm no fanboy of Sterling but hearing this nonsense actually boils my blood. Cop on to yourself.

It's the same as when the lad in the pub watches his favourite boxer loses and starts with "that was definitely a fix".

The reality of the situation doesn't matter

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

Nah, he got kneed to the head in such a blatantly illegal way that Yan sure has hell didn't deserve the opportunity to capitalize on that.

US2 wrote: »
    He was getting KO'd.

He did get KO'd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Hilarious reading posts stating that Sterling quit or was milking it.

Said whilst sitting off on the couch at 5am probably full of beer and snacks whereas Sterling just took a knee full force to the temple from a world champion mixed martial artist! :pac:

What nonsense? Anyone with a brain can see he was acting. The surprised look then when he won like he didn't know, c'mon man.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

Would have full respect for him if he did that. No need for the acting, take the win.

Doubt it, I think you'd be more annoyed at him tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭eggy81

Nah, he got kneed to the head in such a blatantly illegal way that Yan sure has hell didn't deserve the opportunity to capitalize on that.

Thing is what had yan to gain. He must have known Sterling was close to finished. He seemed to be suggesting he thought Sterling was pushing to get up off his hands. IMO illegal as feck and deserved the DQ but I find it hard to believe he intended to get DQ’d?

This poster nailed it
    kwestfan08 wrote: »
    Anyone saying that Aljo should have continued needs a look at themselves. He was took an illegal to the side of the head. It’s not on him to cover for Yan and continue while being severely compromised.

• Advertisement

You can tell who's been having a few beers while watching :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

She did well to last 2 minutes, to be perfectly honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Levels yo.

Bye bye women’s featherweight division.

Horrible acting from Megan there. Sickening! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Megan looked like a rabbit in the headlights. Her walking into the arena said it all. She looked shook then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Anderson
    Animal, 2 minute demolition job.

Shevchenko rematch is all thats left really and I don't even think thats worth it now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

Wow another victim to be fair.

Nunes is great but Anderson seemed afraid or something.

Mad to hear the commentary just wondering how the finish happens not if!!!

Is there anyone worth a shot left?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Even at an such an elite level, sometimes you'd just have to know that you have very little chance against an opponent and that was the perfect example of same.

At one stage Anderson got stuck in the mud and froze as Nunes was piling it on.

Proper deer in the headlights stuff.

What nonsense? Anyone with a brain can see he was acting. The surprised look then when he won like he didn't know, c'mon man.

I'm opening my 6th can of cider here and I'm still sober enough to know what is genuine and what's not. Sterling threw down the belt after being awarded the decision. Says all I need to know about whether he was acting or not. The man should be getting an oscar for that performance if he was acting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,967 ✭✭✭✭rob316

As predicted total mismatch. Anderson isn't UFC quality.

Another fight with schevchenko the only thing I see for her.

Advertisement