Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 259

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,352 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Nunes and Shevchenko should just be fighting each other every 6 months, it's unfortunate for their divisions that they're so far ahead of anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

MrStuffins wrote: »
    You can tell who's been having a few beers while watching :pac:

Beer and whiskey here haha

• Registered Users Posts: 10,006 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

How much longer til Kayla is in the UFC. Might be the only one capable of giving Nunes a fight. What a champion, phenomenal fighter

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This poster nailed it

Good because I agree with all that, I don't agree with pretending you are hurt or don't know the rules.

BrentMused wrote: »
    Even at an such an elite level, sometimes you'd just have to know that you have very little chance against an opponent and that was the perfect example of same.

At one stage Anderson got stuck in the mud and froze as Nunes was piling it on.

Proper deer in the headlights stuff.

I thought her knee was gonna go at one point. Her legs were completely gone from under her.

• Advertisement

hawaii501 wrote: »
    Animal, 2 minute demolition job.

Shevchenko rematch is all thats left really and I don't even think thats worth it now

That's the only fight I want to see now. Schevchenko vs Nunes is the only obvious outcome now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,150 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

darced wrote: »
    Good because I agree with all that, I don't agree with pretending you are hurt or don't know the rules.

Just as well nobody was pretending to be hurt so!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Anderson
    Amanda seemingly wants to see the Izzy Jan fight as much as us she didn’t hang around fair play to her

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Was Joe rogan trolling when he asked for the 145 rankings

Boggles my mind how the UFC don't have Nunes on every tv show, every chat show, every web series, guest starring on sitcoms.........

She could be their biggest star. I know she's miles above everyone but look at her. She's charismatic, she's openly gay, she's a new mother, she can sub people, she knocks them out........ she should be a household name!

• Advertisement

kwestfan08 wrote: »
    Amanda seemingly wants to see the Izzy Jan fight as much as us she didn’t hang around fair play to her

Hopefully everyone was realistic and they're ready to go asap. Waiting on Blachowicz KO/TKO to go to bed happy. :pac:

You just know Henry Cejudo is watching this thinking "I could take her on".

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Anderson
    That's the only fight I want to see now. Schevchenko vs Nunes is the only obvious outcome now.

Even then Nunes has beat her twice. Could say the second fight was close but hard to make a third fight when it’s already 2-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Oh God, I see the "could she beat some of the men on the roster?" talk has started.

Nunes is absolutely amazing but come on, we've been here before. You'd think the likes of Luke Thomas would know better. :rolleyes:

Boggles my mind how the UFC don't have Nunes on every tv show, every chat show, every web series, guest starring on sitcoms.........

She could be their biggest star. I know she's miles above everyone but look at her. She's charismatic, she's openly gay, she's a new mother, she can sub people, she knocks them out........ she should be a household name!

Have to agree. Seems like an honest wonderful person.

Just an amazing athlete to boot.

You seem to be dragging this on. Some people had a different opinion than you, going by this thread its around 50/50.. Matt Hamil fan id say. Grow up move on.

Oh God, I see the "could she beat some of the men on the roster?" talk has started.

Nunes is absolutely amazing but come on, we've been here before. You'd think the likes of Luke Thomas would know better. :rolleyes:

Would she beat Petr Yan? No.

Are there men currently signed to the UFC that she could beat? Absolutely

martyos121 wrote: »
    You just know Henry Cejudo is watching this thinking "I could take her on".

:D

With the way Nunes fights she could probably drag Cejudo into the deeper waters.

Nunes vs Cruz next for the laugh? There's your massive PPV Dana. It's basically a circus already, might as well embrace it at this point :pac:

And Cub Swanson. It's a fun thing to joke about but it terrifies me that some genuine MMA personalities are taking it somewhat seriously.

Would she beat Petr Yan? No.

She'd have the same chance Sterling had tonight. :pac:

• Advertisement

We can agree to disagree that's ok.

US2 wrote: »
    You seem to be dragging this on. Some people had a different opinion than you, going by this thread its around 50/50.. Matt Hamil fan id say. Grow up move on.

50/50?

You're definitely on the beer. You're seeing double when you read the "Aljo was acting" posts :pac:

Shes not blonde and not pale skinned thsts why

Someone's triggered by a fact. Sterling was not acting. Yan is a cheat. Get over it, move on from being wrong.

50/50?

You're definitely on the beer. You're seeing double when you read the "Aljo was acting" posts :pac:

You think nunes could beat a male ufc professional fighter, lol. I think I know who is drunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

I’ve gone Jan by KO.

Very hard to call though and if Izzy pulls off a masterclass here he’s p4p number 1 in my opinion.

Someone's triggered by a fact. Sterling was not acting. Yan is a cheat. Get over it, move on from being wrong.

Yan did cheat, I never denied it. Matt Hamilton beat jon jones too , ya ?

Here we go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭BrentMused

And she's already beaten her twice!

I agree about it being the only option, but it shows how good she is when the only fight that makes any sort of sense is against someone she has already beaten twice.

• Advertisement

Yan did cheat, I never denied it. Matt Hamilton beat jon jones too , ya ?

I can hear you hiccuping while posting this :pac:
    just having the craic, no offense

Advertisement