Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXIII-231,484 ROI(4,610 deaths)116,197 NI (2,107 deaths)(23/03)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

PmMeUrDogs wrote: »
    Load of rubbish.

So schools opening in a phased way, and childcare. That's good. Resumption of non-covid care is also good.

But otherwise absolutely nothing changes. Industries still being decimated. People still being isolated.

Surely they could have allowed people to meet a household outside for social activity? Just one? Id kill to meet my friend for a walk but I can't because I live with someone else :/

Go way out and meet your friend. A walk outside with one other person carries a tiny chance of anything happening. The boost it will give you though would be immense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,449 ✭✭✭CorkRed93

any estimates on daily case numbers by April ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Did he say 6k deaths at the start the actual number today is just over 4k RIP

On the island, so including the NI figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭quartz1

Absolute rubbish .......Taoiseach telling us the vaccine will solve everything at the same time we find out Astra Zenical can only supply 50 per cent of contracted order for second quarter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Bigfatmichael

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Labaik

We have the highest total of work days closed on the planet from Covid by a ****ing mile, Brazilian variant and British variant rampant in the country, sending 300 thousand kids back to school in March and wants to drive down the virus number by April. Laughable stuff. Just vaccinate the old and vulnerable and let us get back to our lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

That's me done (bar wearing a mask).

We have the barber coming out to the house on Saturday.

I did my part long enough. Time to resume my life.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

very least the 5km thing should of went especially with brazilians bringing their virus in after all our sacrafices

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Disgusting from Mehole Martin and the government.

Level 5 till April, what about then?
    They will review the situation in advance of that date. Even then it'll be construction, maybe 5km and being able to meet outside(officially!).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

quartz1 wrote: »
    Absolute rubbish .......Taoiseach telling us the vaccine will solve everything at the same time we find out Astra Zenical can only supply 50 per cent of contracted order for second quarter.

Would still have all the high risk groups covered during Q2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,338 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Yes it's 4k from where he governs but he likes to combine our total with a seperately governed area on this island when it suits for shock and awe.

quartz1 wrote: »

You do realise there's more than one vaccine? :rolleyes:

Is the press conference with the three (possibly 4) amigos going to be on rte news now?
    We had Martin doing a speech, there'll be nothing more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭shinzon

Interesting turn of phrase on the gov.ie website about leaving certs and March 1st. that mightnt be a done deal after all.
    Final year Leaving Certificate classes to return to school subject to final agreement

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Kha1993

Wow. The plan talked about for weeks was “schools”. That’s it.

5km bad, flights into the airport good. It’ll never be over, here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Is there a document uploaded with this plan yet?

I want to know are colleges still getting the shaft.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

How can we have over 60% of adults offered a dose by May, over 80% by June, but hospitality won't even be 'considered' until mid summer? None of it adds up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭Coybig_

It's time for businesses to take matters into their own hands and reopen.

Hopefully we see protests and demonstrations over the coming weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

funnydoggy wrote: »
    Is there a document uploaded with this plan yet?

I want to know are colleges still getting the shaft.

Details here

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/c4876-covid-19-resilience-and-recovery-2021-the-path-ahead/?referrer=http://www.gov.ie/ThePathAhead/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭landofthetree

You do realise there's more than one vaccine? :rolleyes:

Unfortunately the same problems could happen with the J and J vaccine.

The contract with them may have the same vague wording.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Arduach

On the island.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Coybig_ wrote: »
    It's time for businesses to take matters into their own hands and reopen.

Hopefully we see protests and demonstrations over the coming weeks.

I wouldn’t hold your breath

Reminds me of when red does his long act of contrician in shawshank only to have his bail....DENIED.... reviewed in another 6 weeks folks..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

shinzon wrote: »
    Interesting turn of phrase on the gov.ie website about leaving certs and March 1st. that mightnt be a done deal after all.

Shin

Civil Servant: "oh crap, did anyone check with the ASTI?"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,020 ✭✭✭Ficheall

AdamD wrote: »
    How can we have over 60% of adults offered a dose by May, over 80% by June, but hospitality won't even be 'considered' until mid summer? None of it adds up
    I'm not watching the speech? Did he give those numbers? Because they seem ridiculously optimistic.. I thought it was all over 70s by mid-May a while ago?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭Coybig_

mcburns07 wrote: »
    I wouldn’t hold your breath

A hairdressers in Dublim opened today and Paul Treyvaud has set a date for his own reopening.

If there was any sort of collective reopening then the government or gardai wouldnt be able to stop it. That is what needs to happen. There is public support for it, the people have had enough of this sh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Ll31

I don't see colleges being back normally in sept tbh ...

Unfortunately the same problems could happen with the J and J vaccine.

The contract with them may have the same vague wording.
    Less likely with a company that produces vaccines unless you're willing them to have problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Disgusting from Mehole Martin and the government.

Level 5 till April, what about then?

Two more weeks after the fifth followed by another two. You must remember there is a bank holiday in May and another in June. Nphet and the government have developed an intense dislike for bank holidays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭landofthetree

Coybig_ wrote: »
    A hairdressers in Dublim opened today and Paul Treyvaud has set a date for his own reopening.

If there was any sort of collective reopening then the government or gardai wouldnt be able to stop it. That is what needs to happen. There is public support for it, the people have had enough of this sh*t.

Indeed. The Gardai can only police laws that the vast vast majority of people support.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement