Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will the Rovers ever Return? Your pub megathread, Part 2 - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭votecounts

• Registered Users Posts: 38,074 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

votecounts wrote: »

We all know the answer to that

Delay delay delay

• Registered Users Posts: 7,921 ✭✭✭saabsaab

PTH2009 wrote: »

Delay delay delay

I wouldn't be too sure. High restrictions but re opening? (Will people obey them)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

This is obviously a pure guess but I'd say it'll be delayed but only for a short period. There will be complete anarchy if if they delay indoor hospitality again by more than a couple of weeks. It's political suicide. MM will be saying to Tony H help me out here I need these places open to give me something to work with. Tony will say ok but 2 weeks at least get the vaccines in as fast as you can in that time and your ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Cork2021

Delay delay delay

I don’t know, MM did mention businesses need notice as to when they can open to buy stock etc…
    It’s a long shot but I hope the reason he’s getting NPHET to meet tomorrow is so that he can give that notice. The fact they’re bringing forward gives me some hope, if they left it until Thursday Friday then 100% it was being delayed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

My 2 cents? There's no way Hulahan is going to allow indoor dining, he'll put the fear of God into MMartin and there's no way he'll stand up to that...

Indoor dining in September... until they push the rest of the AZ Vacc on the 20's and 30's...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭larchielads

Callin it now, closed til after aug bank holiday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭Dickie10

yea mid August was my gut feeling for indoor i think we could be lucky to see that, they will literally give hospitality a 2 week summer before schools reopen, OMG . this has turned into one sick sick country.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Well no one in this thread has to worry about the phrase "its the hope that kills you" pessimists everyone of yas :D:D

I'm hoping things reopen, I quit my bar job over xmas, management were not following any safety regulations and I live at home with 2 older parents that I would never get over making them sick. They've both had their 2 doses now and I should be getting my first soon and will be hoping to go back somewhere new if for no other reason than I'm nearly freaking broke! From talking to others in the industry around me they seem more confident than the average boardsie at least...

• Registered Users Posts: 38,074 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Binge drinking

Same scenes now as we at 2am on a Saturday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,210 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Binge drinking

Same scenes now as we at 2am on a Saturday

What are you on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Indoor to open on the

5th: 6/1
    19th: 15/8
    26th: 11/10
    Any Later: 10/1

That's how I'd price it up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Yester

Arthur's Day to return on the 23rd September: 1759/1

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

Was in Kerry for 2 nights the week, stayed in Tralee and Killarney. Both hotel bars where packed on both evenings. Not much spacing between tables etc. people standing around tables drinking, which I have no problem with.

Really feel for the restaurants and bars around the country for not being able to open if this is standard across the countries hotels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Lefty2Guns wrote: »
    Was in Kerry for 2 nights the week, stayed in Tralee and Killarney. Both hotel bars where packed on both evenings. Not much spacing between tables etc. people standing around tables drinking, which I have no problem with.

Really feel for the restaurants and bars around the country for not being able to open if this is standard across the countries hotels.

That's disgraceful. What was the name of the Hotel?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,210 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

As if someone is going to tell you that....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Fawlty Towers

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

I cant remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Indoor to open on the

5th: 6/1
    19th: 15/8
    26th: 11/10
    Any Later: 10/1

That's how I'd price it up

What price will you give me on they keep putting it back until cases are high enough not to open at all. Same as last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,371 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

The Overlook Hotel.

• Advertisement

pjohnson wrote: »
    The Overlook Hotel.
    Sounds familiar. People don't listen. It would be a good idea to open a Covid friendly pub now indoors. Vaccinated only, you could have it for over 40's anyone else has to prove their vaccination.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

saabsaab wrote: »
    Sounds familiar. People don't listen. It would be a good idea to open a Covid friendly pub now indoors. Vaccinated only, you could have it for over 40's anyone else has to prove their vaccination.

Won't happen here, guaranteed.... The Israeli's did it early but their society is different.

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Won't happen here, guaranteed.... The Israeli's did it early but their society is different.

Pity.

saabsaab wrote: »

Jesus no! Have you seen the threads where people were going mad cause someone 38 in Cork got jabbed and they're in Dublin, 40 and not. And thats just to protect yourself from covid, never mind if you added access to indoor drinking onto it. There'd be killings :D Plus you probably now need a dedicated door person as you're essentially carding everyone coming in like a nightclub. And I haven't had one yet but assume a vaccine cert only has a name on it, no photograph, if so then all these 40+ have to start carrying passports, licenses or age cards again (well for the first time for most of that age group).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Lads what will happen to all the kegs that have been delivered to pubs/restaurants? Will the breweries take them back or have they a long shelf life?

Lads what will happen to all the kegs that have been delivered to pubs/restaurants? Will the breweries take them back or have they a long shelf life?

The small businessmen who have bought perishable food and drink will have to absorb the financial loss after the Government reneged on its reopening date for the third time. For many - particularly small rural pubs, often the single social space in a village - the financial loss will lead to bankruptcy and the closure of the business.

The second time the Government banned bars from reopening, owners had less than a hundred hours notice that the reopening date was going to be reneged upon.

b0nk1e wrote: »
    The small businessmen who have bought perishable food and drink will have to absorb the financial loss after the Government reneged on its reopening date for the third time. For many - particularly small rural pubs, often the single social space in a village - the financial loss will lead to bankruptcy and the closure of the business.

The second time the Government banned bars from reopening, owners had less than a hundred hours notice that the reopening date was going to be reneged upon.

Are you sure? I know with the first lock down suppliers worked with bars to take a lot of stock back or partially refund costs to help them out. It is not in the interest of Diageo or Heineken for the local rural pub to go out of business that's for sure.
    Although the last time, the notice was pathetic I'll agree on that! Anyway all in the air till tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,146 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

b0nk1e wrote: »

In fairness to Heineken, Diageo and pretty much every other supplier they all agreed to take back everything during the lockdowns.
    They even gave credit for part used kegs.
    They'll make it back in their own way but they can't be blamed for much in that regard.
    Certain insurance companies on the other hand........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Do kegs go off that quickly? Would have presumed a keg of like a can. Fine if unopened.

• Advertisement

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Jesus no! Have you seen the threads where people were going mad cause someone 38 in Cork got jabbed and they're in Dublin, 40 and not. And thats just to protect yourself from covid, never mind if you added access to indoor drinking onto it. There'd be killings :D Plus you probably now need a dedicated door person as you're essentially carding everyone coming in like a nightclub. And I haven't had one yet but assume a vaccine cert only has a name on it, no photograph, if so then all these 40+ have to start carrying passports, licenses or age cards again (well for the first time for most of that age group).

Can't blame them in fairness. The roll out has been somewhere between a joke and criminal.

Advertisement