Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavy Rainfall (Orange) Warning for Kerry, Cork, Tipp & Waterford - Tues 23 Feb

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Think that is bad enough wind in D12. Would have understood if it had of been orange. A few accidents avoided by the cyclists in office blocks in town all working from home I think.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Stronger winds in Dublin 16 this morning than most recent named storms!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,824 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Fairly wild here near Tralee this morning. Just got a gust of 90 km/h, gusting to 80Km/h overnight.

18.0mm on top of 6.8mm before midnight. A lot of road surface water, drove through 3 minor floods on the way into town.
    13.6C

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

Been quite consistently windy here in D14 since last night. I'm not sure how much rain has fell since last night but the station close enough to me had about 2mm since midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Stronger winds in Dublin 16 this morning than most recent named storms!

Yeah same here in meath

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭Jizique

TTLF wrote: »
    Been quite consistently windy here in D14 since last night. I'm not sure how much rain has fell since last night but the station close enough to me had about 2mm since midnight.

That sounds about right; bit of a wind but nothing unusual and dry and sunny now but I guess we may well get a shower or a gust later

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Kutebride wrote: »
    Wild, heavy rain in Meath.

Whereabouts are you kutebride, im near Lobinstown and Rathkenny and we've barely had any rain, 1.5mm but it is very windy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,864 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Extremely strong winds in Dublin 8...a tree came down out the back of our place this morning...stay safe out there

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Casement 104km/h and Roches Point 100km/h Max on latest Met Obs

Lashing in Arklow
    8.6mm
    Gusting 70kmh southerly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Gusting around 90km/h southerly direction in cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,007 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Looks like we are escaping the worst of the winds for once up here in Donegal, but it is raining fairly heavily.

Feel for you lot down in the far south, I heard met eireann on the forecast last night describe the rain as relentless. Never heard it called that before.

Going to be a wet one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,240 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Absolutely wild all night/morning in D24. Wind woke me up around 1am which is unusual for me. Normally sleep through anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭adocholiday

AuntySnow wrote: »
    Lashing in Arklow
    8.6mm
    Gusting 70kmh southerly

Looking at the charts on Meteologix it seems that there's cross model consensus that the worst of the winds should be within the next 3 hours or so for this part of Wicklow at least. Still plenty of rain to come though.

Villain wrote: »
    28mm at Valentia and 24.2mm at Cork Airport up to 6am and another 20mm to 40mm to come today.

Yeah, saw that. Cork Airport is my nearest Met station - I'm about 7k away - but I don't think I've had any where near that amount. Was up with a baby a few times during the night and it was wild but not lashing. My garden also floods in one very small spot when it rains very heavily but it's fine this morning. Looking at the data charts it seems to be very localised in terms of rainfall totals.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

30 kph difference in windspeed between Casement and Dublin Airport, with a 104-kph gust at Casement just before 9 am. Highest so far at Dublin is 76 kph. Mean speeds 69 and 39 kph, respectively. Only 17 km of distance between the two.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

30 kph difference in windspeed between Casement and Dublin Airport, with a 104-kph gust at Casement just before 9 am. Highest so far at Dublin is 76 kph. Mean speeds 69 and 39 kph, respectively. Only 17 km of distance between the two.

I have noticed that quite a lot particularly with wind from the south. Must be effect of Dublin/Wicklow Mountains. Dublin AP in a bit of a 'wind shadow'.

Looking at the charts on Meteologix it seems that there's cross model consensus that the worst of the winds should be within the next 3 hours or so for this part of Wicklow at least. Still plenty of rain to come though.

Frequently gusting gale 8 here in Arklow at the moment
    Steady force 7 outside of that
    Standard windy to very windy
    Mostly light rain,that looks and feels worse than it is because of the wind

• Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Casement gusting 51 knots at 10am

Gusting 88kmh here near Arklow
    Southerly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Wind died here in north Dublin last 3 hours, was very blustery around 3am but right now there is actually a bit of sun trying to poke through!

Crazy how localised the weather can be even in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Wind died here in north Dublin last 3 hours, was very blustery around 3am but right now there is actually a bit of sun trying to poke through!

Crazy how localised the weather can be even in Dublin

Absolutely

It is dangerous windy here in SW Dublin.

Would have surely merited an Orange Warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Wind is much worse than the rain here in South Tipp all morning so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Absolutely

It is dangerous windy here in SW Dublin.

Would have surely merited an Orange Warning.

Yellow allows for gusts up to 110 km/h, don't think we are anywhere near going beyond that yet, but a solid yellow for you for sure.

Mostly gusting above 70 here near Arklow atm
    Gust just now 90.1kmh Southerly

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Closing in on 17mm here. Mostly dense drizzle but the odd heavier burst now and again. 20 knot wind. Bog standard stuff really.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Natibaby

Very strong gusts in D24, inside doors have been banging with the wind coming through the vents, very unusual, Casement our closest station.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

The proper wind has arrived, rough here in Donegal at the moment, some hail stones in the mix too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Following a night of very heavy rain here just outside Castlebar its turned brighter now in the past 30 minutes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement