Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Invincible - Amazon - Superhero Animated Series

Options
1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I was quite surprised by that pullback from Episode 5's otherwise shocking ending; mind you, neither character seemed in the best place so I'd not be surprised if that's the last we see of them either.

Had to laugh how it's kinda feeling like the show is intentionally trying to write around Atom Eve's insane powers; she can literally shape reality to whatever she wants, so the show has saddled her with crippling self-doubt and sitting out much of the action. I'm not sure she could solve every situation with a wave of her hand but it feels close.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Agreed, the animation doesn't stack up well against the voice talent involved. Great show despite that though

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

Surprisingly, they call out the animation in the latest episode, got a laugh out of me at least!

Just on the animation front, I checked out X-Men '97 last night for the first time and was blown away by how nice the animation was. From the trailers, and going by their use of similar looking models to the old show, I figured it would look at bit nasty and cheap (on purpose), but its anything but. Only found out after that its animated by Studio Mir, so no wonder it looks as good as it does.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yes the animation has never distracted from the excellence of the show and would be adamant it's the much better Adult Superhero show of the two in Amazon's stable.

But just wish the animation itself had a bit more polish, a little bit more fluidity and detail sometimes.

Episode 7 threw some serious meta commentary on its own animation there, kudos 😄 though I was left wondering would comic superheroes still exist in a world with actual ones, whose exploits were quite unvarnished and violent? Seems like after the massacre in Chicago people wouldn't want anything to do with them.

Anyway, good penultimate episode, even if Sterling K Brown's character has felt a bit tangential all in all; kinda wonder is that gonna go anywhere ultimately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭shawki

Done and dusted, hopefully it won’t take as long for season 3.

Loved that they found a way to include that cameo in the show.

Can't believe that was the final episode! Wish these seasons were twice as long. Waiting for season 3 will be torturous.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭shawki

Hopefully we get another once off special.

Maybe Cecil or Rex Splode.

Fun if slightly unfulfilling last episode given it felt like it dropped out just as things might be ramping up. The most obvious being all the Alan & Omni-Man stuff - but maybe it was cos they were the more famous actors they had less time with them? Hopefully season 3 is coming a bit sooner, and without a mid season break too.

Plus the Levy story was barely that: the character appearing in the first episode then disappearing til the last to have that sudden crisis moment for Mark. A bit structurally weak IMO for some last minute emotional breakdown. Nice little visual motif how everyone in the Grayson family finished the episode with the same black eye.

The "cameo" from the Multiverse was fun, and did a good job treading the line between similar and copyright infringing, lol.

Not sure what the point of the Mummy cutaway was for - plus, hello? What about the martian parasites now on Earth?

A little unfulfilling, but only compared to its own standards. Its still miles better than most other superhero offerings (animated or live action). I really love how the show isn't afraid to spend time on quieter moments to actually develop the characters and give things time to breathe (and the shock/reality of things to settle in). Its not just a quick quip and onto the next mission!

I too was disappointed with how they side-lined Levy for almost the entire season, given how he had such an affecting introduction. When he popped up again towards the end, I'd almost completely forgotten he was still a threat looming in the background! In the opening episode, I did groan a little that we were about to be subjected to more multiversal shenanigans, but its implementation here was far more interesting that anything the MCU or DCU have cooked up over the past few years. Just a pity that it was limited to the first and last episodes.

And had that mummy storyline been referenced before?

I really hope that they've enough time to cover all the various threads they've left dangling. Per the wiki the show has been renewed for at least one more season, but I wonder will they secure more seasons based on the positive reception of this one?

• Advertisement
Advertisement