Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Invincible - Amazon - Superhero Animated Series

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,847 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

That first episode of the new season was a blast!

Good setup for Angstrom to be the main "villain" I would guess, the time travelling/multiverse stuff was well done, excellent use of Karma Police.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Good first episode as a return, even if it lacked the kind of shock the very first episode of the show has with the Omni Man reveal at the end; nice to have all the major players have some hints towards various arcs to come - and going by what didn't come up from the trailers there's more to come.

Must get around to watching that Atom Eve spin off.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Clearly the biggest mystery so far is how

Donald is possibly back? The answer is obviously "he's a clone", though curious if it'll be something even more intriguing / Sci-Fi

Enjoying this, even though it has less of a central hook this time around; lots of arcs floating about so not entirely sure where this is going - versus the pretty linear story of Season 1.

Also, as much as a love this show, the animation sure can be shoddy sometimes. Dunno if it's budget or an intentional choice, but the low detail & fluidity of the animation can be a little distracting at times. Like all the various lasers, portals and Atom Eve's powers just look quite simplistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,864 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

You're reading my mind Pix... I just saw episode 2, and i's all a few levels lower than season 1, and the animation is a little basic looking.

Yea, not sure what to think.

Doc Seismic had a good line, when Mark called him Prof Seismic, "Doc Seismic, I never got to teach".

• Advertisement

Ah I don't think season 2 has been bad, just you can see it's lacking the same arresting inciting incident and has obviously decided to go all-in on the fallout from Omni Man's reveal. Had wondered if they'd try for another "shocking" moment to kick things off.

The animation though hasn't got better and that's disappointing. There was a little scene where Atom Eve was repairing a building and you feel given her powers it should have look amazing - but instead was just a couple of frames of pink shapes. They obviously didn't get more money for some flourish; it's fine for the punchy-punchy heroes but not much else.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Spending more time on the animation was one of the reasons they used to excuse the wait. Didn’t even release a clip where it was referenced I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,864 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

I have watched the first half of the Atom Eve season 202 ... her origin story. It's good.

Episode 3 certainly ended with a mic drop. Oof. Next episode please!

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭shawki

Annoying that there’s only one more episode then a break until early 2024.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Damn. So we're gonna end on a cliffhanger I guess; oof it's gonna be rough I just know it.

Great episode and they never let up emphasising just how powerful, and cruel, the Viltrumites truly are. All the other arcs are cooking up nicely too, and absolutely no clue what to make about the comment on Nolan's Books.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Yeah, there is definitely something in the books that will help Mark against the Viltrumites. Maybe some cryptic clues that lead to other children he has around the place (he seems to shack up pretty quickly where ever he goes so I could definitely see him having a whole brood around the place) or some weapon/thing that can help defeat them.

My filthy brain couldn't help trying to rationalise how on earth a creature that insectoid possibly had a child that human. Or even ... uhhhhh ... how did it even get conceived? 🤭😮🤭

• Registered Users Posts: 60,291 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Season 2 part 2 starts March 14th

March??

Bloody hell I had just presumed it'd come back after the Xmas break sometime in January.

Hopefully we won’t have to wait as long for the 3rd season.

Re-read the comics recently, for anyone interested the show is currently up to #29.

How close does the adaptation stick to the comics, out of curiosity?

• Advertisement

The main story pretty much the same, some side stories are slightly out of order compared to the comic.

There are some minor changes to side characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,291 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Full trailer..

March 14th start date.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

It's really ridiculous that an 8 episode season is broke into two parts. We used to get 22 episode season shows as standard, year after year.

Maybe there has been a problem with the animation? Not that it has always looked that great in spots but you do wonder why the split. If it's just Amazon being greedy, given recent publicised flops.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

Just on your comment about the animation, do you mean it's always looked good or only sometimes looked good? I saw a comment on another site just yesterday proclaiming the animation in this to be bad, which really shocked me. I'd always thought it was fairly well animated. I wish the colour was less muted, but maybe that's a hold over from the comics (which I've never read). I also find the animation can feel a little flat, but the same goes for quite a lot of shows animated over the past 2 decades or so (digital colouring vs traditional maybe?). I'm just so thankful that they chose 2D animation for this, rather than CG, which always comes off as cheap at TV show level.

There was a few shots in season 1 that looked a bit poor but season 2 is good so far.

Its not good enough however to warrant the gap between seasons. The show needs about 6/7 seasons to do the comic justice.

I think it can look good but sometimes it looks really sketched & basic looking, low framerate on occasion. There were a couple of times Atomic Eve's powers were just rough pink blobs with 2 frames of animation. Just looked a bit shoddy

New Episode out now

Great returning episode, albeit ending on classic cliffhanger of the "oh shít how will they get out of this?" variety. Gotta love how nobody feels like they have plot armour; guess Shrinking Rae can't change size that quickly 🤢

Laughed a little how apparently you can tell a Viltrumite by their moustache? 🤭

• Advertisement

Season 2 episode 6 very enjoyable again. Between this and the next X-Men some excellent animation to watch.

I thought a few characters would definitely be killed off between this and the last episode but looks like only one Dupli-Kate, Shrinking Rae survived being errr eaten?! I thought Rex Splode was a goner too but yeah I guess he doesn't need his full brain ha.

This one was a bit slow for a big chunk of the middle, lots of character stuff. There are a lot of threads the sequid on earth, omni man in prison, Allen and Angstrom Levy but only two episodes left so we will see.

Advertisement