Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most unhealthy item you ate or drank

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭beerguts

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    You got roasted tripe?
    Well, la di da.

Ours was boiled in milk.
    You lucky, lucky so and so.

Boiled in milk!! Jesus I apologise for bitching about mine. The thought of that and it curdling makes my stomach spin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

I got a raging dose of the scutters form a dodgy steak in Budapest.

I thought my arsehole was going to melt after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

A fat frog.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

glasso wrote: »
    A kebab that I got at the end of the night out years ago in Sunny Beach Bulgaria.

The vendor guy was proud-as-punch with his creation, as if he was unveiling some 2* Michelin Restaurant "pièce de résistance".

In fairness I gave him the benefit of the doubt but the 2 bites that I took I imagined to be the provenance of a starved piece of mutton that crawled out of Chernobyl, having survived for a couple of years on irradiated radishes.

When he wasn't looking I managed to slip it into a bin 10 yards down the road.

https://images.app.goo.gl/2bjmDwrFw5bpubJz9

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

I've had that too, tastes like your drinking a car battery.

also Adolf Hitler's drink of choice apparently.

are you sure your not thinking of Eddie Hitler ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

begbysback wrote: »
    I wouldn’t consider anything unhealthy in and of itself, except maybe for inedible objects like marbles and nails. Anything that is edible is not unhealthy unless it is consumed in great quantities, or poisonous of course.

If we started to eat each other would you consider that unhealthy?

If you started to eat yourself would you double in size or disappear?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,356 ✭✭✭AllForIt

It was a burger and fries I bought in some KFC style but privately owned (rather than a chain) take away in south London.

I wouldn't ordinary in a million years gone in there by the look of it but I was stuck after getting home very late from work and there was nowhere else open so I gave it a try.

I still feel ill thinking about it over 10 years later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

sugarman wrote: »
    Jaysus yeah, I was trying to think what was the worst I ate over all the away trips I've been on and dodgy places I've eaten in and Glasgow was definitely the worst of them!

I tried all the above too, but by far the worst was a battered steak and kidney pie pastry.

Is it any wonder the average life expectancy for a male in Glasgow is just 54?

I remember a while back seeing an article online showing a battered doner kebab. Again it was from some chipper in Glasgow. I think it had something like 3000 calories.

The worst kebab I ever had however was from a street stall in Prague. It was basically Denny's luncheon roll in pitta bread with an extremely hot sauce and salad. I had brutal heartburn and lava scutters all night after it. I spent the next morning looking for a chemist to get a bottle of Gaviscon for the fire in my stomach and a tube of Bepanthen for the fire in my ring.

Even then that doesn't compare to the dose of salmonella I got from eating undercooked pork in Munich a few years ago. I spent the day in bits in my hotel room. I was drinking water all day only for it to come straight out of my @rse minutes later. I kept myself sane by watching Father Ted videos on my phone using the hotel WiFi. I was lying in bed that evening shivering as my body tried to fight the infection. I somehow managed to get on the plane home the next morning. I spent the rest of the day in bed after my housemate kindly gave me a lift to the doctor who prescribed penicillin and Dioralyte sachets. The stool sample confirmed a rare type of salmonella only found in central Europe. When I think back I should have sued that place. It could have killed me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

sugarman wrote: »
    Is it any wonder the average life expectancy for a male in Glasgow is just 54?

A quick Google search shows that the average of a Glasgow male in 71.6 but even that is still 7 years below the national average.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 thewolfisloose

Plenty of unhealthy meals had here but nothing of note that would stand out from other posts.

It is all reminding me of the Iron stomach competitions that were run when I was in UCD though, many moons ago.

I can still picture a line of lads and maybe even one girl lined up on the steps just up from the lake. Competition started with having to chug a can of Dutch gold or tuborg or something offensive live that. Then they moved onto several jars of baby food, more cheap beer, some boiled eggs, more cheap beer, bread buttered with toothpaste, more beer, a can of dog food, more beer and it continued in the same way with all sorts of foods and cheap horrible beers or dodgy shots.

Contestants dropped out one by one when they either threw in the towel or threw up the contents of their stomach. It all ended with the swallowing of a live gold fish.....

Wouldn't happen now I tells ya, not in an official capacity anyway!

I was there during the heydey of this carry on. Medsoc ran a milk chugging contest one year that had 25-30 students projectile vomiting cascades of undigested milk all over the SU carpark. I remember one girl, barely 5 feet off the ground god love her, spewing a stream of milk the length of her body. Most of it into bin liners, but sure it was 3 or 4 people to a bin!

Nothing beats 2014 though.

I think this must have been final year they ran the iron stomach competition, and probably for the better. The SU's pièce de résistance. This clip is of one of the later rounds of the comp.. after a reverse bread and butter sandwich and probably a few warm cans of beamish.. it went viral at some point, and you can see the bin liner trough set up for the vomit. I don't think I ever laughed as hard in my life as I did that day.. watch at your own peril :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAkUSVEv9-M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭babaracus

A quick Google search shows that the average of a Glasgow male in 71.6 but even that is still 7 years below the national average.

54 is an exaggeration for sure but Shettleston in the east end of Glasgow is the only place in Western Europe where life expectancy has declined over the past 30 years, it is somewhere around 62 or that. Unsurprising when you see the state of the place and the diet of the locals. Deep fried black pudding as mentioned earlier is a good seller in the local chippers. Their idea of exercise is opening a can of something tall and fizzy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Samsgirl wrote: »
    If you started to eat yourself would you double in size or disappear?!

Disappear, you couldn’t double in size given that the pieces you eat would reduce your weight twice as fast.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,293 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

begbysback wrote: »
    Disappear, you couldn’t double in size given that the pieces you eat would reduce your weight twice as fast.

Where would you disappear to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Where would you disappear to?

O nature, from thee are all things, in thee are all things, to thee all things return.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

It came up on my facebook memories the other day: a burger with doughnuts for the bun, it was absolutely gorgeous but probably the reason I'm still fat.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

I stayed in the chernobyl hotel and ate in the only restaurant. It only offered locally produced food.

It was breaded chicken, tomatoes and potatoes. I doubt it was healthy but it stayed down and was probable healthier than half the **** mentioned in this thread.

no mushrooms with it? that would have been the real deal...:P:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

Ate 20 McDonald's Double Cheeseburgers in a single sitting. Washed it down with Dutch Gold. Used to be able to take down a Family bucket of fried chicken to myself too. A dozen jammy donuts from a Tesco one after another a different time. Am not / never have been particularly big either but can have a monstrous appetite.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Feenix

Ate 20 McDonald's Double Cheeseburgers in a single sitting. Washed it down with Dutch Gold. Used to be able to take down a Family bucket of fried chicken to myself too. A dozen jammy donuts from a Tesco one after another a different time. Am not / never have been particularly big either but can have a monstrous appetite.

If you did 20 double cheeseburgers in one sitting then thats phenomenal. I think its sick but I'm also really impressed.
    You could legitimately enter an eating competition with that sort of performance. I've watched a few before on YouTube and not many can put away as much as that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

Feenix wrote: »
    If you did 20 double cheeseburgers in one sitting then thats phenomenal. I think its sick but I'm also really impressed.
    You could legitimately enter an eating competition with that sort of performance. I've watched a few before on YouTube and not many can put away as much as that.

I dunno could I do it now, I was a good bit younger and more active at the time, bigger metabolism. But yeah, the lads I was with looked on in a kind of mix of awe and horror.lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Last night there were some peas in the fridge with cling film over them. I had them with some chips. I went to bed no bother but woke up around 1am, 3am and 5am with the runs. I had the shakes too. I'm still not right and only had some toast to eat today. I did a bit of a calculation and worked out that the peas were in the fridge for a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I bought a box of cheesy nik-naks when I was younger, 24 packets. I ate them in about 8 hours.

This was during my stoner days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Curried goat from a Jamaican street vendor near the Village in NY around 2am in the morning after a rake of pints

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Last night there were some peas in the fridge with cling film over them. I had them with some chips. I went to bed no bother but woke up around 1am, 3am and 5am with the runs. I had the shakes too. I'm still not right and only had some toast to eat today. I did a bit of a calculation and worked out that the peas were in the fridge for a week.

Were the peas still in the can ?

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Equium

I ordered a 3am kebab from a dodgy looking, albeit packed spot in Newcastle a few years back. After paying twice I was handed a big box of greasy meat, possibly lamb, with a few chunks of an equally indiscernible grizzly meat on top . No sauce, no bread, no salad. Just meat.

I was hungry and stupid enough to scoff it all down, despite the obvious warnings. It is the only time I've ever seen pigeons and seagulls actively keep their distance from someone eating outside. They wouldn't even touch a chip.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

A bottle of whiskey. Did not feel right after it. At all at all

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Feenix

Curried goat from a Jamaican street vendor near the Village in NY around 2am in the morning after a rake of pints

That sounds really nice. I had curried goat before in a Caribbean restaurant and it definitely wasn't unhealthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

We got pizza off a horrendous looking pizza place, ok a dodgey street in “Loret De Mar” in Spain, (sh1thole)

It was I think €4 for a slice which was literally quarter of the large pizza on one of those paper plates you get pancakes on. I woke up about 3 hours into the night and I’d say my heart was beating out my eyes. I’d say it was 90 percent salt.

Separately we used get Kebabs in a certain Kebab place after every night out. One day we didn’t go out and we said we’d get a kebab, sober. It was genuinely the worst thing we ever ate, we swore we’d never eat there again drunk. This actually came to materialise as the place was closed the following week on hygiene grounds. It was the. Issues a full closure order. Sick stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

I've had McDonalds a few times over the years when catching a late flight through an airport and there's nothing else open. It's not the most unhealthy food I've ever had - try fondue - but it's just so awful. It was always lukewarm, the burger tastes of very little while still being faintly nauseating, and the french fries are just crispy puffs of air. You can see why McDonalds spend so much on marketing and advertising. It's awful everywhere in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,411 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Sugar-free cola bottles, a lot of them, eaten with no regard for quantity to keep me going through a college assignment. To borrow a phrase, I "shat out my immortal soul". The ordeal lasted halfway into the next day. I had to lie in the bath to contain the seepage from both ends. I've been hospitalised in better condition.

• Advertisement

I've had McDonalds a few times over the years when catching a late flight through an airport and there's nothing else open. It's not the most unhealthy food I've ever had - try fondue - but it's just so awful. It was always lukewarm, the burger tastes of very little while still being faintly nauseating, and the french fries are just crispy puffs of air. You can see why McDonalds spend so much on marketing and advertising. It's awful everywhere in the world.

Getting mcdonalds late in the evening is your mistake here. The burger was probably made 4 hours previously and the lettuce has been sat around all day.

I've had mcdonalds on 4 continents and have had my share of bad ones but generally I like it and have had more good ones than bad ones.

Also, I absolutely love Bacon and Egg McMuffins.

Advertisement