Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most unhealthy item you ate or drank

Options
  • 19-02-2021 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Mine was a "messy burger" from a roadside food stall situated on a roundabout on the outskirts of Portsmouth England back in December 2002. It was 2 quarter pounder burgers topped with a heap of kebab meat, onions and taco sauce in a bun.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭beerguts

One morning several years ago I got a breakfast roll from a 24 hour Gala staffed by Chinese workers. I say the stuff was at least 12 hours old when I ate it. followed by a bag of skips, a chicken skewer and 750ml bottle of Pepsi max, I had liquid **** about 20 mins later and throughout the rest of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Pork scratchings.

Aka, "flavoured fat"

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

I made this the other day, was absolutely unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Supermacs.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Kamu

Deep-fried Mars bar
    Delicious, and disgusting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

Large Toblerone bar ( two pieces)two muffins and packet of crisps this afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,700 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

A quadruple cheeseburger. Went in as a lump, sat in my stomach in a lump, and came out 3 days later in a lump. The entire experience was unpleasant from start to finish and I was glad to see the back of it

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭aziz

Pot noodle

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭trashcan

Yyhhuuu wrote: »
    Large Toblerone bar ( two pieces)two muffins and packet of crisps this afternoon

That’s the most unhealthy thing you’ve ever eaten ? Ah come on, you’re just not trying :p

A kebab that I got at the end of the night out years ago in Sunny Beach Bulgaria.

The vendor guy was proud-as-punch with his creation, as if he was unveiling some 2* Michelin Restaurant "pièce de résistance".

In fairness I gave him the benefit of the doubt but the 2 bites that I took I imagined to be the provenance of a starved piece of mutton that crawled out of Chernobyl, having survived for a couple of years on irradiated radishes.

When he wasn't looking I managed to slip it into a bin 10 yards down the road.

• Advertisement

• An octuple burger with sixteen slices of cheese and a pile of bacon, gravy chips, onion rings and washed down with a (very large) milkshake.

Yes, it was a food challenge, yes I completed in time and yes, it was in America.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

I had a kebab and cornish pasty in benidorm at 6am after a heavy night, 1 hour later arrived back at the hotel and breakfast was being served, a buffet, so I had around 10 streaky rashers and 2 croissant.
    Christ, I passed out around 9am, woke up 17 hours later to vomit on the pillow and poo in the bed.
    Health goals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

An octuple burger with sixteen slices of cheese and a pile of bacon, gravy chips, onion rings and washed down with a (very large) milkshake.

Yes, it was a food challenge, yes I completed in time and yes, it was in America.

Was it free? Is there now a Polaroid picture of you on display in the restaurant?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Stroh 80 rum. Definitely not to be drank neat.

I stayed in the chernobyl hotel and ate in the only restaurant. It only offered locally produced food.

It was breaded chicken, tomatoes and potatoes. I doubt it was healthy but it stayed down and was probable healthier than half the **** mentioned in this thread.

• Was it free? Is there now a Polaroid picture of you on display in the restaurant?

It was indeed free upon completion, but no t-shirt :(

And my polaroid was hanging pride of place (with six others) but apparently the place has closed down.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Feenix

I stayed in the chernobyl hotel and ate in the only restaurant. It only offered locally produced food.

It was breaded chicken, tomatoes and potatoes. I doubt it was healthy but it stayed down and was probable healthier than half the **** mentioned in this thread.

Chicken tomaotes & patatoes, how did you survive you mad bastard?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,782 ✭✭✭KungPao

So it was not great, not terrible?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

KungPao wrote: »

It was fine but he can’t get to sleep anymore as the light from the glow in the dark off his hands keeps him awake.

KungPao wrote: »

Better than expected but the potatoes kept trying to run away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

That new Big King 3.0 from Burgerking is a right contender for heartattack in a burger. Massive yoke.

However, when I was younger I used to eat briquettes, coal, firelighters, lead from pencils... briquettes and coal were particularly nice though. I also used to sneak out of my room in the middle of the night and eat the entire bowl of sugar. Often be found comatose behind the couch with the bowl empty beside me. Suppose that's where I created my resistance to sugar and as such caffeine and Red Bull type products don't really affect me.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭parttime

Aldi Jack Daniels knock-off. Not worth it. 3 day hang over!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I remember eating about 4 green lime flavoured Mr Freeze Ice pops back when I was about 10. I had stomach cramps and green coloured poo for the next 2 days. I'd say whatever food colouring (and flavouring) was used in those things has been banned since.

I had a dodgy curry from some place in Denmark Street Limerick back around 2003. I should have known it was dodgy when I saw "meat" madras on the menu but after having 6 pints in the Locke Bar I didn't care. That night I was spewing brown lava from both ends and spent the next day curled up in a ball in bed as white as a sheet. The curry place in question was closed by health inspectors not long afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

A breakfast pizza that was served in some dive cafe in some village in northern ireland. It was basically a pizza base with a big fry up on it and melted cheese on top. "The Widow Maker"

I was hungover as fck and it did the trick to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Slice of easy single
    Birdseye potato waffle
    Slice of easy single
    Birdseye potato waffle
    Slice of easy single
    Birdseye potato waffle

Bang it in the microwave to melt the cheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Guerillabear

Half a jar of peanut butter and half a jar of nutella, with a spoon and a glass of milk.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 TrampFighter

Stroh 80 rum. Definitely not to be drank neat.

I've had that too, tastes like your drinking a car battery.

also Adolf Hitler's drink of choice apparently.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Kebab.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,986 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Had a burger with a bun dyed black with charcoal.

It was meh, and the novelty bun (which wasn't mentioned on the menu, so wasn't something I'd actually chosen) didn't add anything to the experience. Forgot all about it after eating it.

Following day nature took its course and when I looked in the jacks, I immediately freaked out that I was suffering from severe internal bleeding, until I remembered where the matt black colour came from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

A battered black pudding in scotland years ago , you'd could feel the arteries blocking after every bite

Advertisement