Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most unhealthy item you ate or drank

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

I once ate a tin of Master McGrath dog food as a bet.
    Not too bad actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blackvalley

Ok this was self inflicted but my partner was on a clean up binge and found some " out of date " stuff in the fridge . Namely a tub of yogurt and a tin of sardines . Yogurt out by about a week and sardines by a year . Dont believe much in " best before " and will always go with smell and taste test .
    The remark that " bet you wont eat them " was all that was needed so both were mixed together in a bowl and demolished .
    Didnt taste great and not a combination I would recommend but it went down and stayed down.
    Hasnt effected me in the slightest ( some would say ) :)

Oh almost forgot . Had barbecued rat in Cambodia a few years ago . Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I had a dodgy curry from some place in Denmark Street Limerick back around 2003. I should have known it was dodgy when I saw "meat" madras on the menu but after having 6 pints in the Locke Bar I didn't care. That night I was spewing brown lava from both ends and spent the next day curled up in a ball in bed as white as a sheet. The curry place in question was closed by health inspectors not long afterwards.

Similar experience in an Indian in Tralee. To this day I can't eat Jalfrezi, and the smell of it turns my stomach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

My friend fixed our local chipper's dodgy box when he lost his albanian channels, so he made up pretty much anything we wanted for a couple of years before the place closed. He'd batter anything we brought in. I think the best, worst creation we ever came up with was a battered creme egg. It's probably not the unhealthiest meal I've ever had but it was likely the least nutritional calories I've ever consumed.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

those slush ice candy's i use to have as a kid, use to always get the sh!ts from them:o

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQg7_Ur84helz0W0x5WBRF8GQaLNbKSlNvX9A&usqp=CAU

• Advertisement

I stayed in the chernobyl hotel and ate in the only restaurant. It only offered locally produced food.

It was breaded chicken, tomatoes and potatoes. I doubt it was healthy but it stayed down and was probable healthier than half the **** mentioned in this thread.

The owner of the Chernobyl Hotel can count on one hand how many people ate there.
    It's 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

Yyhhuuu wrote: »
    Large Toblerone bar ( two pieces)two muffins and packet of crisps this afternoon

Stoned to death I'd say :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

64 slices of American cheese

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Mecrab

Battered mars bar/wispa
    Triple whopper from BK
    Probably any kebab ever, that meat just can't be good for ya

Did you go blind?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,425 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Those burritos people seem to be mad for now are fairly unhealthy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

fryup wrote: »
    those slush ice candy's i use to have as a kid, use to always get the sh!ts from them:o

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQg7_Ur84helz0W0x5WBRF8GQaLNbKSlNvX9A&usqp=CAU

The food colouring in them would change the colour of your ****e. The green and blue ones were the worst offenders.

Another unhealthy favourite of mine when I lived in Portsmouth were Fray Bentos tinned Steak and Kidney puddings. One small pudding alone was 1500 calories.

The local pub would also leave bowls of deep fried potatoes on the counter for their customers with a tumbler of salt. The fatty salty snack was designed for both soakage and to make you thirsty for more beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I think you forgot the inverted commas there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Thread is a complete fail, nothing here remotely bad enough worth a mention, not surprising though given that if we were hungry enough and had to survive we would eat each other, and be licking the lips afterward.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

begbysback wrote: »
    Thread is a complete fail, nothing here remotely bad enough worth a mention, not surprising though given that if we were hungry enough and had to survive we would eat each other, and be licking the lips afterward.

Okay, what was the most unhealthy thing you ever ate??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭I see sheep

Homemade alcohol - woke up in the middle of the night with my heart visibly pounding and unable to speak. Lucky I survived tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Not sure what would be the unhealthiest, a Francesinha would be up there close to the top

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Not me, but friends of my parents.

This guy owned a pub, and they used to keep all the leftovers and slop in a bucket for the greyhounds.

After drinking all night in the bar, well, you get the idea. They survived.

Okay, what was the most unhealthy thing you ever ate??

I wouldn’t consider anything unhealthy in and of itself, except maybe for inedible objects like marbles and nails. Anything that is edible is not unhealthy unless it is consumed in great quantities, or poisonous of course.

If we started to eat each other would you consider that unhealthy?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭trashcan

Depends. Boiled or fried ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,638 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

People from this site? Most definitely. You’d be eating lads who survive on a “diet” of Doritos and fizzy drinks, vile ones like Pepsi Max.

They’d get very little, if any, exercise so you’d be dealing with a high fat content in the “meat”. Lots of gristle and blubber to cut away.

I think I’d go vegan first.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Rx713B

A full bottle of spirit of louisiana and 6 jam donuts - thought I went blind

• Registered Users Posts: 4,875 ✭✭✭enricoh

Stroh 80 rum. Definitely not to be drank neat.

The oul lad had a bottle of this many moons ago, a nip is great if you're getting a sore throat, it just obliterates any germs setting up shop!

trashcan wrote: »
    Depends. Boiled or fried ?

Personal preference really, me I’d go fried, definitely fried,

People from this site? Most definitely. You’d be eating lads who survive on a “diet” of Doritos and fizzy drinks, vile ones like Pepsi Max.

They’d get very little, if any, exercise so you’d be dealing with a high fat content in the “meat”. Lots of gristle and blubber to cut away.

This is why I’d go fried, well done, crispy like.

• People from this site? Most definitely. You’d be eating lads who survive on a “diet” of Doritos and fizzy drinks, vile ones like Pepsi Max.

I'm going to pretend I didn't read that...

Otherwise...agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,120 ✭✭✭dinneenp

During college we spent one summer in Ocean City, Maryland, USA. After an all-night session we were back in our apartment, still drinking. I cooked some pasta & when not watching my friends poured in a full bottle of after sun lotion. I ate the whole lot, was wondering whey they weren't hungry.....

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭thebronze14

Was in Glasgow for the Ireland Scotland game in 2015...I had battered pizza, battered black pudding, battered sausage and battered haggis in the space of two days...My mates blame that weekend for the cancer I got the following year!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Not sure how unhealthy it is but I had deep fried lamb brain once and it tasted like pure fat. Horrible stuff.

• Advertisement

When I was 21 I moved into a new house share in the city centre. My Friday night ritual became to go for a few pints on Friday night and get a kebab to go on the way home, get into bed and eat it. Some nights I wouldn't finish the kebab, so I'd put it into my bedside table drawer and have it for my breakfast.

One morning I woke up, bit groggy, reached into my drawer, unwrapped the kebab and bit in. After a couple of chews I said to myself, "Yeah, I don't think this is the one from last night.."

Advertisement