Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 rebecca1177

Yep a red banner appeared across the screen saying Q8 changed and to log out and log back into the exam. It said our work would save and we would get an xtra half hour but apparently some people couldnt get back in or didnt get the xtra time!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 DQ1999

Does anyone know if you identify the wrong issue(s) in a problem question and don’t touch on the issue they were looking for will you get 0 marks? Like basing an answer on the wrong injunction

• Registered Users Posts: 9 legallybehind3

Anyone else raging with the equity paper?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 rebecca1177

Yeah :( it was my last exam and I probably wont start blackhall in september now lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Rkavanagh00

hi,

im doing contract law tomorrow online and i know u can bring in a copy of the 1980 sale of good and supply of services act, does anyone know how you show them that this is unmarked.

kind regards

ruben k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭catonafence

Nobody will ask. You can show your unmarked copy to the camera if it makes you feel better, some people do.

best of luck tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Meghan1998

Contract law?? So hard to decipher topics. Really disappointed in that exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Rkavanagh00

Couldn’t agree more, feel like it was the most overcomplicated contract law exam ive seen based off past papers

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭madonna123

Did anyone else find the EU paper horrible ?

Not so much the questions but the sheer volume of information to get down within the time ?

I was literally just throwing down words for the final question.

The thoughts of repeating it in October, and it will be the same questions and timing ! I have only this and constitutional left but man … they are not fun topics

• Registered Users Posts: 10 AppleorPineapple

Hello,

I know it’s early yet but does anyone have any insight into what dates the exams will be in Sept/ Oct? It’s a really busy time in work and I need to book in annual leave. Couldn’t get annual leave for March exams. And I may have to cancel or rearrange something I have on at end of Sept. They were always in October but in 2022 they brought them back a week. I also wanted to maybe sign up to a course but obviously can’t unless I know I can do the exams. I emailed law society but of course they were no help. They said they publish them online but that’s usually in around August so obviously too late to ask for annual leave and sign up to any course. I rang red cow and they said exams aren’t there. Any insights? 😇

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 lawdstudent2022

Even if some law society staff member happened to have the dates and also happened to be on this website to see your comment...I don't think it would be wise for them to tell you that and leak such information as it wouldn't be fair for you to get the dates when the rest of the public aren't privy to such information?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Ignacius

Does anybody have a link for the fe1 refund? Only found it on Reddit but can’t find it in the website. Thanks all!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 December22

The timetable for the 2022 autumn sitting came out around the 7th of June last year I think - but seems to be different every year. You’ll just have to wait until then unfortunately because know one really knows until it’s released.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭SamWFE1

Does anyone have any idea when the results for March will be released? I know it usually takes around two months.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭swankyslug

Last year they were the the 16th of May, so I presume it will be around the same this year.

Results out tomorrow at 10am

I’m in absolute ribbons thinking about it.

Good Luck to everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Fe1erere

Are results out yet?

Has everyone else been able to access March 2023 results?

It’s saying October 2022 on my results log in page

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Jdharte

Everytime i am able to get through it says October 2022 results at top of page and Exam In Progresss. No results yet

On the LS Instagram page it says results have been postponed till half 12

• Advertisement

I’m the same, it’s always the same shenanigans with these every results time

Twitter

I was just able to access my results there

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭fe1fi20

Does anyone have any advise on what I should do? I have only one FE1 exam left (Company) which I have sat 3 times and failed all three times. I got 35, 46 and now 40. I am getting really frustrated because I dont know what the examiner wants after doing workshop classes and studying with past papers. Any guidance will be appreciated as I really want to get this done so I can start my training contract

Im in the exact same situation. This is my 5th time doing company and cant seem to get higher than 43 after writing down everything they were looking for on the exam reports. I dont know what to do next

• Registered Users Posts: 8 cillbill94

This just isn't normal. I keep hearing this from loads of people regarding company. I suspect the examiner isn't seeing all of our answers when we submit exam online. I passed all 7 other exams fine, and i am at a loss with company

The exams office are useless in helping out. Ive send a number of emails after failing the last exam and no response. Feedback from examiner is non existent.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 himself there

Constitutional Notes:

Anyone who did well in Constitutional have well organised notes for sale - please dm me!

For the people talking about Company; I have passed 7 now including company on the third attempt; I studied more and knew more for company than any fe1 and included a crazy amount of references in the exam which saw me get 50% despite imo being my best exam (got 33% + 42% in the previous attempts) Every other exam I sat I felt was marked reasonably and I could understand the mark I got. Company seems to be marked to a ludicrous standard and if I didn't scrape by I'd have no confidence in passing at another attempt. It's bullshit what he is doing to people.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 cillbill94

Thanks for this info. I wont be doing this. Seems quicker to just find a different career.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Fe1erere

Keep your head up Cillbill.. if you've passed the other exams you can pass this one as well. You've laid the foundations in previous sittings, now build on them. Cover enough topics that you could sit any Company exam in the last 10 years and provide 5 strong answers. You don't need workshops or further classes, you need to sit down with the past papers, sample answers and practice. Memorize and practice. I remember sitting down the evening before an exam reciting material from memory for 6 hours in order to get the pass. Good luck to you, you can do it 👍

Advertisement