Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant Recommendation Thread - Anyone for seconds?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Perry Street just opened inside McD's garden centre in Dripsey and have to say it's lovely. Definitely pricey for mains but soup and sandwich deal at €12.99 was very tasty and a good size. Really kind staff in there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

I had lunch in the Ringaskiddy one last month, didnt find the food great there to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,789 ✭✭✭sporina

was in Dublin for the weekend - was on lots of cafe's etc.. prices for a flat white varied from €3.55 - €4.05..

so €4.10 for same in Dripsey?! - i won't be going back unless my mates really want to

but Q - I was only ever in Perry St in the city - twice in the past - pre covid - and I think it was queue and order - given a spoon with a number - then items brought to your table.. but it was table service in Dripsey - are all Perry Streets table service now?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,540 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Flat white in Costa in Cork is now a whopping €4.25.

gee - well yeah - costa is outrageous - almost €4 for a bakewell slice which has about 3 bites in it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,973 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I find takeaway coffee and absolute waste of money. People buying 3 or 4 a day and I could make better at home, I cant understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭gooseman12

Had dinner in the new incarnation of ichigo ichie.

Wasn't bad overall but wasn't overly impressed either. I would say that Michelin have been quite kind to them with the Bib Gourmand award, I wouldn't have thought it met that standard personally.

I felt the menu was quite sparse, with very little variation, rice bowl, hot soba, cold soba and a few specials.

To be honest, I'd have preferred to have just gone to the takeaway and waited for a stool as the menu up there offers far far more choice. I would have taken any special from the takeaway over any of the specials in the restaurant on the night in question.

I feel not having any sushi or sashimi on the menu is a massive miss.

But it is probably understandable with the costs of running these sort of businesses these days, just disappointing I guess.

Post edited by gooseman12 on

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Iguarantee

I really hope that people don't just vote with their feet and actually give feedback to the owners/manager(s). Having gone their twice, I think Ichigo Ichie got a lot of praise that they didn't really deserve. Great idea, I enjoyed the food but it was lacking in multiple areas across both visits. I won't be returning any time soon, if ever.

I had food in Golden Elephant lately and the service was shite because they genuinely spent 90% of their time organising takeaway orders and really dropped the ball serving our table (and presumably other tables too).

I said it to the owner on my way out; I'd want to know if I was doing something wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭airy fairy

Had Camille Thai from Grange last night. €15 per mains, (incl rice) but I found that pricey for what I got. Chicken was like rubber. Cannot fathom how it was so bad. Tough and chewy. Tofu was ok. Got potatoes aswell, just chilli power thrown it, tasted rotten. Won't be returning unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,808 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Personally think Camille is complete shite! Go for golden elephant instead of in Douglas!

I had thali takeaway…find coriander in Douglas far nicer

• Advertisement

Unfortunately we've a veggie here that isn't too keen on veggies, and we try get something into her like tofu. Very hard to get it. Haven't looked at their menu recently though.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭scrotist

What's a fancy restaurant where the missus can go and "try out" her new black classy dress and not look out of place?

It's a red carpet at the oscars sort of dress or maybe low lighting restaurant with piano player in the background.

Will probably have to get a flight to Paris or something.

Mmmmm hayfield manor maybe?

Hmmm....how about something that won't break the bank :D It's not a special occasion or anything. Other than trying out a new dress.

Is Montenotte fancy?

lol you said fancy!!

The Kingsley?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭Be right back

• Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Well theres castle-martyr,

It'd probably be cheaper to fly to paris ,

But theyre 2 star now , so maybe not any better ...

Glass curtain is pretty fancy , or Greenes -both on macurtain street,

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭notAMember

Dear scrotist, Maybe “the missus” doesn’t need to try it out with you, as you’re reluctant to appreciate her efforts to look nice and spend her time with you.

Hint. Find an occasion, there is always something.

I smell a rat here..

De Calf for lunch on Sat... fabb... loads of good efficient staff and food is great - price fine,.. love it - and twas thriving

• Advertisement

Am I reading the glass curtiain menu correctly? **** 90 euro for a steak?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,785 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

Its fine - Piano in the restaurant a couple of nights. Food isn't crazy money but not cheap either, Dinner and a reasonable bottle of wine would probably set you back about 120-160 (depending on the wine.) I like the views from the restaurant, Cocktail bar is fine too but its not Cask level of cocktails

Actually just looked at the menu of Perrots Garden Bistro in the Hayfield. Prices not too bad.

Has anyone been there? Is it nice and romantic?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

The Raven know how to do it right.

I had these delicious beef tacos for €14. My mam had the French dip (which deserves its fame).

Top notch quality food, at very reasonable prices, and excellent service. 👍️

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I don't think I have ever tried that place, might take a look in for breakfast or lunch some day 👍️

oh you totally shud.. its v popular.. always busy when I'm there.. the food is v good - in fact I was there again for lunch today.. its owned by Benny McCabe - same guy who owns Mutton Lane etc. and guess what - a reg flat white is €3.60 - as oppose to €4.10 in Perry St Dripsey

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Iguarantee

Has anyone recently been to the River Lee hotel for dinner (“The River Club”)?

If so, let me know your thoughts on the place, please. The TripAdvisor reviews seem very good, it’s seemingly the top rated restaurant in the city…

I was looking to book dinner for this Sunday but a few places I like are closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

Agree on De Calf - currently my favourite spot for coffee and a sandwich in the city.

I've also been to the Kingsley recently - similar prices to Hayfield Manor and the River Lee (i.e. high!) but I thought the food was much better at the Kingsley. The view over the river is nice too.

oops, edit : I thought you were asking for opinions on the Kingsley, not the River Lee. Anyway, I thought the food at the Kingsley was better than the RL which was better than Hayfield Manor (last visit to HM around a year ago).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭shawki

FYI for those that intend on getting a takeaway tonight.

Advertisement