Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game week 25 transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Had to take a -4.

Done Antonio --> Ings.

But I really had to get rid of Justin at this stage too so Justin --> Shaw for a -4. With an eye on Shaw hopefully playing a double in 26.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Raphinha or Dallas?

Raphina has looked very dangerous the last couple of games. He'd be my choice but I already have Dallas and Bamford was wasn't going tripe Leeds this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Raphinha or Dallas?

Tough one Dallas is a defender playing in midfield so has added benefit of unlikely clean sheet points and Leeds do well with this type of opposition. Feel Raphinha could do very week this weekend tho. I'd prob go Raphinha.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,509 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    I think if you're starting gundo and Cancelo a strong bench is important this week. Have Dias and Watkins to come in for them if they don't play myself.

I'd be surprised if Gundogan doesnt play some role to keep him warm. Cancelo could miss the 90 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭CornettoQueen

My 5 mids are Grealish, Son, Gundo, Salah, Bruno and no idea how to get Raphinia in for one of those.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

My 5 mids are Grealish, Son, Gundo, Salah, Bruno and no idea how to get Raphinia in for one of those.

I actually don't see how you could sell either Son or Grealish with the doubles to come. Salah or Bruno but I don't think its worth it & Gund is a hold at that price

dsmythy wrote: »
    I'd be surprised if Gundogan doesnt play some role to keep him warm. Cancelo could miss the 90 though.

For me gundo and Cancelo offer the most opportunity for points if they play. So that's why I have them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭hawaii501

I've the same except Rashford instead of Salah but he has Newcastle at home so i can't get rid of him against one of the worst teams in the league.

I was going to get rid of grealish and get him back but I'll lose .4m and a -lits a -4 so I'm just going with the one Leeds in Bamford this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭CornettoQueen

hawaii501 wrote: »
    I've the same except Rashford instead of Salah but he has Newcastle at home so i can't get rid of him against one of the worst teams in the league.

I was going to get rid of grealish and get him back but I'll lose .4m and a -lits a -4 so I'm just going with the one Leeds in Bamford this week.

Yeah I will lose a good bit on selling Grealish so think il just stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Still pontificating over whether to get rid of Maddison or Grealish for Raphinha.

Leaning towards keeping Grealish despite Maddisons recent form

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

hawaii501 wrote: »

I dunno Rashford isn't exactly setting the world on fire at the moment. He has 1 goal in last 9 games, and that was in the 9-0 win. He's dearer than Son for instance but isn't returning anywhere near Son.

I actually think having Rashford makes any potential transfer in easy as there is less reasons to keep him.

Finally saying you've the same, except Rashford instead of Salah - someway implies that you think Rashford and Salah are on par - which is very far from reality

• Registered Users Posts: 22,555 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I'll be selling Grealish for Raphinha, his attacking numbers have dropped off a cliff over the last few weeks. May get him back in at some stage but he's not a must keep for me right now despite their extra games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Ace2007 wrote: »
    I dunno Rashford isn't exactly setting the world on fire at the moment. He has 1 goal in last 9 games, and that was in the 9-0 win. He's dearer than Son for instance but isn't returning anywhere near Son.

I actually think having Rashford makes any potential transfer in easy as there is less reasons to keep him.

Finally saying you've the same, except Rashford instead of Salah - someway implies that you think Rashford and Salah are on par - which is very far from reality

Yeah I agree he is nowhere near the level of Salah, I wildcarded last week so by getting rid of Salah I now have a defence I'm happy with.

I think if it wasn't Newcastle he'd be gone for raphinha for the -4 without even thinking. He is still getting chances but just keeps missing them so hopefully he gets a couple this week and then I can get rid :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,276 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Just sold Chilwell for Kabak and I got a great sense of accomplishment!

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Newbie20

I’m similar but with Soucek for instead of Grealish. Really want to get Raphina in but not sure for who. Soucek seems the obvious choice but I’ve noticed he doesn’t tend to go 3 games in a row without returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

Thinking Sterking might get rested Sun - anyone bringing in KDB?

Worried about Gundogan now after Dinnery saying he didn't train a full session. Must resist shipping him out for Raphinha tho as it will mean a minus 8 next week and more transfers needed to escape from Leeds single gw players.

Have Watkins First sub if gundo doesn't play so should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

So looks like I'll go with Raphinha for Grealish as no one around me in my leagues has Grealish atm so nothing to lose as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eggy81

I’ve done Dallas and ings in for Reece James and richarlison. Leaves me with this

Martinez(de gea)
    Cancelo Dias Dallas (coufal) (mee)
    Bruno(c) Son Grealish Gundogan Maddison
    Ings Bamford (Watkins)

If I decide to go to a -8 to get raphina in for one of son Grealish or gundogan which would ye go with and is there any chance it would be worth it. I’m thinking it won’t be worth it but I also have a feeling raphina will haul over 2 games and Grealish points have dried a bit and gundogan might not play.
    Basically I’m all over the place with this decision.

eggy81 wrote: »
    I’ve done Dallas and ings in for Reece James and richarlison. Leaves me with this

Martinez(de gea)
    Cancelo Dias Dallas (coufal) (mee)
    Bruno(c) Son Grealish Gundogan Maddison
    Ings Bamford (Watkins)

If I decide to go to a -8 to get raphina in for one of son Grealish or gundogan which would ye go with and is there any chance it would be worth it. I’m thinking it won’t be worth it but I also have a feeling raphina will haul over 2 games and Grealish points have dried a bit and gundogan might not play.
    Basically I’m all over the place with this decision.

-8 is big drop to be taking unless it's absolutely necessary. Your well behind before games even start. There's always the chance things don't go to plan and the players you brought in don't even cover the points they cost you.

4 is the absolute limit I usually go with I try and rarely give up points as you lose them enough normally ha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eggy81

-8 is big drop to be taking unless it's absolutely necessary. Your well behind before games even start. There's always the chance things don't go to plan and the players you brought in don't even cover the points they cost you.

4 is the absolute limit I usually go with I try and rarely give up points as you lose them enough normally ha.
    Yeah I’m gonna do without. Be left with too much Leeds after anyway and it’s coming up on time to weaken the bench again to get Kdb or salah back soon. I’ll leave it.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭SheldonC17

Is DCL likely to be fit?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,555 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

-8 is big drop to be taking unless it's absolutely necessary

Doesn't always have to be absolutely necessary. I'll be taking a -8 if I don't wildcard as I think the 3 players I want will comfortably outscore the 3 I'm selling. Sometimes you just have to trust your judgement as well as the fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

If I pull the trigger on the WC I'll be swapping Salah for KDB to free up the bit of extra cash to get Kane.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

SheldonC17 wrote: »
    Is DCL likely to be fit?

Ancellotti has said he is fit. Liverpool very leaky so could see him doing well. However I'm benching him

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭SheldonC17

Islander13 wrote: »
    Ancellotti has said he is fit. Liverpool very leaky so could see him doing well. However I'm benching him

He’s on my bench currently too. Between him and Gundogan

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Yeah Im waiting till just before deadline but as of now KdB is part of my wildcard. I realise he may not start v.Arsenal and then only get 30 minutes later on. But Im buying him to hold till seasons end and he has a DGW in 26 with potential for another DGW in 27. Would hope he starts in 3 of those 4 games but as always its Pep roulette. Id say lots of people will be buying him back next week so would expect price rises. Im selling Cancelo to facilitate KdB, sticking with Gundog and Dias.

For anyone who moved to Lowton or Mee for Burnleys DGW and wants to move on a cheap way to do it is Chelseas Rudiger. Lampard didnt like him but under Tuchel he has played 90 mins in all 5 games so he looks like a nailed on starter. In the 5 games under Tuchel he has amassed 4 clean sheets and 27 points. He only costs 4.6 million too so a saving over Mee (5.1) and only 0.1 more than Lowton

For those who've watched a bit of Leicester this season who is the better pick right now, Maddison or Barnes? They're 110/112 over the season so very evenly matched but who tends to play the furthest forward?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Is Meslier your playing keeper? Ive a rival whos had him all season while Ive had Martinez from day one. 129 points for Martinez v 89 for Meslier and only 0.5m in the price difference. Im 20 points ahead of the rival at the moment, the difference being me owning Martinez and him Meslier. Im hoping he doesnt cop it from now till the end of the season. Something to think about after Leeds DGW.

The FPL Scout has an article that said Raphina has attacking returns in all of his last 5 games, 35 points total in that time so he is on form. A DGW of Wolves and Southampton would appear to be the ideal time to get him in.

I have Martinez as well and have played hom for all those glorious returns. Meslier gets one week off the bench, and one week only.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

Does anyone think that Cancelo or Sterling or both could be rested? Currently have both. Thinking of getting rid of Sterling.

• Advertisement

Doesn't always have to be absolutely necessary. I'll be taking a -8 if I don't wildcard as I think the 3 players I want will comfortably outscore the 3 I'm selling. Sometimes you just have to trust your judgement as well as the fixtures.

If risk pays off your laughing but it's always a risk one way or another. Nothing is a given in this game as we will know haha.

Advertisement