Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game week 25 transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Was planning on getting either Dallas or Ings in this week but think I'll have to sell Mendy so I have a playing GK. Its between Martinez and Sanchez at the minute, I should just Martinez at last shouldn't I?

I own Martinez and love him as Villa seem to have that perfect balance of giving up enough chances that Martinez then saves to bag you some bonus points, his 12 point haul at the weekend was superb where he pulled of a string of saves. He has 12 clean sheets from 24 games too. He is the breakout goalkeeper in the PL this year. But Chelsea seem to be motoring now and Mendy likely has more chances of clean sheets (though check their fixtures)

Ive a rival who Im 20 points ahead of and the only reason for that is he picked Leeds Mieler at the start of the season and has never sold him, I dont think he even looks at the keeper when it comes to deadline day. Martinez currently on 128 points while Mieler is 39 points behind him on 89. Theres only 0.5m in price between them. I'm hoping his doesnt cop his keeper pick is a crock for the rest of the season as Leeds play to outscore their opponents, not to keep clean sheets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Ace2007 wrote: »
    taking a -8 is a big gamble, your transferring out potential 3 players who will play, let's say that they get 6 points between them, that means that 3 players you bring in, need to get 14 points between them just to break even.

If the 3 west ham players get 10 points, your 3 DGW players need to get 18 points.

You're right, it is a bit of a gamble, especially as I'm thinking of wildcarding in GW26 but I'm falling back in my leagues so looking to take a few risks. Raphinha would be my FT, so what I'm looking for is Dallas and Ings to score 8+ more than whoever I'd play if I didn't get them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭COH

This is very random but playing around with a possible wildcard and when I enter Konsa into my team his names comes up as 'Like This', Son is 'His' and Salah is 'Wrong'

Loads of other weird name glitches as well

Neto is 'Grandson'

Dier is 'animal'

Jorginho plays for a team called 'WHAT' and Spurs are called 'UP TO'.

This is all on the desktop site for me btw

Bizarre

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

COH wrote: »
    This is very random but playing around with a possible wildcard and when I enter Konsa into my team his names comes up as 'Like This', Son is 'His' and Salah is 'Wrong'

Loads of other weird name glitches as well

Neto is 'Grandson'

Dier is 'animal'

Jorginho plays for a team called 'WHAT' and Spurs are called 'UP TO'.

This is all on the desktop site for me btw
    You need to get an antivirus :D

• Advertisement

Shedite27 wrote: »
    You need to get an antivirus :D

LOL - is that whats going on? Fecks sake :pac: That'll teach me for not renewing my McAfee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

Bizarre

Probably the wrong question to ask but do you have 4 Spurs players there? Just noticvd you didn't complete it!

claw wrote: »
    Probably the wrong question to ask but do you have 4 Spurs players there?

I'm pretty sold on animal and his, coin toss between head and becomes for the third slot

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

LOL - is that whats going on? Fecks sake :pac: That'll teach me for not renewing my McAfee

That is weird, maybe you are hitting one of their test hosts somehow?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Dearg81 wrote: »
    That is weird, maybe you are hitting one of their test hosts somehow?
    I wasn thinking it's some Chrome add-in misbehaving

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Is anyone considering Harrison over Raphinha?

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

bit of depth in my squad after the last few GWs
    Cavani out (injury) and Vardy in
    Gundogan as first sub (injury atm)

line up is like this ais
    mendy
    cancelo stones AWB
    Bruno Grealish Son Soucek
    Vardy Bamford Kane

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

KdB being on the bench tonight will give a lot of former owners a headache this deadline

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Is Mee to Dallas worth a -4? I think I might keep Mee as I think Burnley will keep a clean sheet?

Another one is Gundogan to raphinha/Harrison for a -4 as he's injured?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

After having him for 10 GW's in which he scored no goals, and only got 1 assist :eek: Adams out, Bamford in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Ace2007 wrote: »
    After having him for 10 GW's in which he scored no goals, and only got 1 assist :eek: Adams out, Bamford in

no no no .... bamford is painful to own - even more so if you watch the games ...chance after chance and little converted.

really hope it works for you (as I own bamford anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Ings and Rapha in
    Jesse and Cavani out

• Registered Users Posts: 15,130 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Think I might bench Stones for GW25. He'll probably start again but fancy Arsenal to get a goal.

Thinking of Chilwell->Kabak. He looked decent midweek and good fixtures coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Antonio and Chilwell out and Ings and Shaw in the plan for now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Brought Raphinha and Ings in for Soucek and Antonio for a minus 4 tonight. Will possibly take a -8 to and bring Dallas in for Coufal later in the week too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

Have to get Raphina and possibly JWP in, who to get rid of Gundogan(injury and rotation risk) nah, Bruno definitely not (unless he gets injured tomorrow), Grealish (form not great, but nailed on for a heap of DGW’s coming up, Salah nah, Son it is then.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,017 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Is it risky for me not to have any Leeds lads ahead of this gameweek? Have brought in Maja for Antonio as my free transfer, and am loathe to take a -4 hit as I am steadily gaining ground in a tight ML.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

patmac wrote: »
    Have to get Raphina and possibly JWP in, who to get rid of Gundogan(injury and rotation risk) nah, Bruno definitely not (unless he gets injured tomorrow), Grealish (form not great, but nailed on for a heap of DGW’s coming up, Salah nah, Son it is then.

Son has a double week after! I’m thinking of getting Son & Kane. Bruno & Bamford making way after this week

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

PARlance wrote: »
    Ings and Rapha in
    Jesse and Cavani out

Why Cavani out? That Newcastle defence is well shook with injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,229 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Cavani is yellow flagged but I'm keeping for now. Considering Dunk as a Justin replacement. Decent returns in the last 6 and some OK fixtures too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭redarmy

gammygils wrote: »
    Cavani is yellow flagged but I'm keeping for now. Considering Dunk as a Justin replacement. Decent returns in the last 6 and some OK fixtures too

get rid of cavaini big time

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Son has a double week after! I’m thinking of getting Son & Kane. Bruno & Bamford making way after this week
    I Know but I have a spare transfer so it’s easy to get him back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,229 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

redarmy wrote: »
    get rid of cavaini big time

After Newcastle ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Only have Dallas and Bamford for this double. Is a -4 worth it for a third player? Can’t afford to get rid of any of my midfield.

I could do Coufal > Vestergaard, but is it worth it?

• Advertisement

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Only have Dallas and Bamford for this double. Is a -4 worth it for a third player? Can’t afford to get rid of any of my midfield.

I could do Coufal > Vestergaard, but is it worth it?

I wouldnt even waste a free transfer on a Southampton defender let alone a -4. Only ones Id consider are Ings, maybe JWP.

Advertisement