Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Dance Video *Mod Warning in OP*

Options
1181920212224»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

kaymin wrote: »
    We weren't discussing whether the criminal justice system is complicated. You seem easily confused.

from your posts it seems you have some issue that you feel is a police issue ,
    they ( at least two gardai and a superintendent ) have looked at your issue and believe that it is not. likely a civil issue between you and some one else or a company.
    you believe that gsoc are going to force the gardai to do something that they believe they can not or should not do. you are not correct. gsoc might attempt punish the gardai but can not force them to do what ever it is you want them to do.

There is a whole industry full of well educated and paid people who work solely in the criminal justice system in this country. but sure im sure you this simple and straightforward system understand it better that them :D:D

or you just made the whole thing up to have a moan on the internet about the gardai for your own reasons :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Effects wrote: »
    A lot of police forces around the world have been doing stuff like this for years.

Give me an example as i was not aware of this...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,626 ✭✭✭Allinall

purifol0 wrote: »
    It is illegal for anybody to wear a state uniform when not on duty, or if they're not a member of the Defence Forces /An Garda Síochána / Fire Brigade / if they decide to don the uniform they are guilty of an offence. It amounts to impersonating an officer of the state.

How can you be impersonating something that you already are?

Off duty members of An Garda Síochána are still members of An Garda Síochána.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Give me an example as i was not aware of this...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

I never even see it so i did not comment on the content.
    If prople think it the way who am i to say.
    My initial comment on this is i saw about 4 Gardai cars at a tourist spot and asked if there was serious incident.
    I was told that they were doing this challenge.
    Then i discover that it seems to be getting like Ice Bucket thing a few years ago, everyone in this country doing it.
    I did notice some were not instructed not to do...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

purifol0 wrote: »
    You do realise that they are indeed on duty for parades? And that they are ordered to do these by govt.

I doubt Jerusalema was ordered by the top brass. If it was it would have costs a fortune and they would have trotted out the Garda band (a real great use of taxpayers money them)

They can be ordered to participate in parades?
    And what happens to a Garda who refuses this order for whatever reason?

Is he fired? Shot?

Here's a lovely Dutch policewoman showing off her moves on a frozen lake in The Netherlands this week. Not too many in Holland pissing and moaning about taxpayer money unlike some of the mudsticks here:

https://twitter.com/klaasm67/status/1360287200475283472

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭kaymin

mynamejeff wrote: »
    from your posts it seems you have some issue that you feel is a police issue ,
    they ( at least two gardai and a superintendent ) have looked at your issue and believe that it is not. likely a civil issue between you and some one else or a company.
    you believe that gsoc are going to force the gardai to do something that they believe they can not or should not do. you are not correct. gsoc might attempt punish the gardai but can not force them to do what ever it is you want them to do.

There is a whole industry full of well educated and paid people who work solely in the criminal justice system in this country. but sure im sure you this simple and straightforward system understand it better that them :D:D

or you just made the whole thing up to have a moan on the internet about the gardai for your own reasons :pac::pac:

It seems there's no getting through to you - I've already said no-one can be forced to do anything. But if gardai are disciplined over it then eventually a garda will do their job, even if for no other reason that they will be next to be disciplined if they don't.

And that's how it is panning out - a garda at the second police station (also presided over by the Super who is no doubt aware of the GSOC investigation) is taking a statement and will likely take it to the DPP. I'd rather not have had to force their hand by going to GSOC.

kaymin wrote: »
    It seems there's no getting through to you - I've already said no-one can be forced to do anything. But if gardai are disciplined over it then eventually a garda will do their job, even if for no other reason that they will be next to be disciplined if they don't.

And that's how it is panning out - a garda at the second police station (also presided over by the Super who is no doubt aware of the GSOC investigation) is taking a statement and will likely take it to the DPP. I'd rather not have had to force their hand by going to GSOC.

Mod: Kayim you're derailing the thread. Can we all please get back on topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,923 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Sorry but it's not a " very hard fekin job". I hate it when that line is thrown out there every now and again...

So how many years experience do you have of being a Garda in Ireland? I did 9 years, and out of all the jobs I've ever done, I will never do it again. It is a very hard job, but shur you should know that if you did it yourself. Unless you were never a Garda? In which case you're making up your statement?

Gardai in Uniforms at parades, etc, are volunteers usually but sanctioned by their Chiefs to participate. No Garda should do work on their own time in uniform without the Chiefs permission, however a Garda is technically always on duty. If the badge is on them, they can exercise their powers at any time.
    Effects wrote: »
    I think you are overestimating the work the Gardaí can accomplish, by 100 of them spending an extra hour of their free time at work instead of making a silly dance video.

Do you regularly work for free? I don't. Once my time is finished, I'm finished. And quite a lot of Garda don't get to finish on time, so there's mandatory overtime that you can't avoid even if you wanted to. So no, I doubt any Garda would willingly spend their free time back at work. I definitely didn't.
    They can be ordered to participate in parades?

They actually can, but it never comes to that. Volunteers are requested, rotas are checked and if everything suits (ie: they're not supposed to be working) then permission is granted. Same with the ones who used to go over to participate in the US parades, they're an official selection from Ireland sent to represent, usually funded by the GRA (private non-government funded organisation) and other rep bodies for the Sergeants, Inspectors, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

So how many years experience do you have of being a Garda in Ireland? I did 9 years, and out of all the jobs I've ever done, I will never do it again. It is a very hard job, but shur you should know that if you did it yourself. Unless you were never a Garda? In which case you're making up your statement?

Gardai in Uniforms at parades, etc, are volunteers usually but sanctioned by their Chiefs to participate. No Garda should do work on their own time in uniform without the Chiefs permission, however a Garda is technically always on duty. If the badge is on them, they can exercise their powers at any time.

Do you regularly work for free? I don't. Once my time is finished, I'm finished. And quite a lot of Garda don't get to finish on time, so there's mandatory overtime that you can't avoid even if you wanted to. So no, I doubt any Garda would willingly spend their free time back at work. I definitely didn't.
    I think you missed my point, but that’s ok.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭notabogsnotion

You know in the Irish garda video where most are in their typical uniform with high-vis vests, one group are all in black - anyone know what division they are?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭amber2

Warner Music demands German police pay licence fees over 'Jerusalema' videos. This may spell the end.

https://www.de24.news/en/2021/02/license-dispute-warner-collects-money-from-rescuers-over-jerusalem-dance-regional.html

You know in the Irish garda video where most are in their typical uniform with high-vis vests, one group are all in black - anyone know what division they are?

Most likely Crime Scene examiners. They dress is dark navy cargo pants and those collared t-shirt thingys. Or possible public order unit without the riot gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭COVID

Certainly not the Premiership with those moves.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

New dance division set up this year.

They have big plans now as the video was so popular.

I heard they're replacing the Garda Band.

• Site Banned Posts: 109 ✭✭iagreebut

I think they should bring out an album on dvd or else you could download it online.

They're good at dancing.

The could do bucks fizz making your mind up, Saturday night fever and Saturday night by whingfield, there's loads of options.

I'd love to see them do foot loose...

Imagine that footloose on Inch beach in Kerry, that would be epic

It could be Christmas no 1

• Registered Users Posts: 11,571 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Ninjas

• Registered Users Posts: 13,410 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I got a horn through sheer pride and unadulterated patriotism.

Please rise for the National Anthem.

Advertisement