Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jet Get Radio!!!! post here when you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Recent pickup and got it unloaded into my garage last night

A Baywatch pinball machine. Some of ye might recognize it from the window of token. Made an enquiry and got offered it very good price so i span up and got it.

Cabinet it goodish, playfield is really nice. The innards are ridiculously horrifying!

Sold not working with the screen gone. But took a quick look at it last night and there's a big leaky cap on the boards anyway, sized coils, springs and screws missing. Wires shorted out of the loom for god knows what. Its an absolute mess. Someone got it at some stage and totally fucked it up. Its even got a metal part welded together, the weld was 100% more expensive then just buying the new part.

Anyway it's tombstones in the arcade now for the time being. Need to make a good plan and talk to some pin experts before i tackle it and get it back to a nice condition

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭romperstomper

my first Jet Get Radio post is a 2fer. I got FCMB & MX4SIO for my ps2 superslim. Unfortunately I got stung with customs (4.50 for a 6e purchase) for the FMCB but c'est la guerre. Currently trying to get OutRun 2006: Coast 2 Coast (USA) working

• Registered Users Posts: 34,532 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I didn't realise it was the one they had in the window. That's gas, I know that table well - would glance at it any time I walked up home passed Token.

Best of luck getting it going again, sounds like a fun project.

Just a heads up for anyone with one of these, you've to first put the SD card into it and boot up the console. That will create the file structure on the SD card. Can then whip the SD out again and put games into the correct folder.

I'm waiting for a 256gb SD card from Curry's for mine. Have a rake of PS2 ISOs downloaded and ready to go!

curse a jaysuz, i have spent some time hacking on this. first off, couldn't get it to boot into OPL at all (black screen when I choose OPL from the fmcb menu). Digging around the internet, I see there was updated versions of OPL released, so I got the latest https://github.com/ps2homebrew/Open-PS2-Loader/releases/tag/latest so now at least it boots into a menu and i've enabled BDM start mode & block devices. However I still cannot see any of my games I put on the sd card despite trying 3 different sd cards and also trying both exfat & fat32 (OPL latest should support exfat)

Master of the Universe

Going by your picture, you're in the USB loading menu.

If I remember correctly there was a different one for loading from the memory card.

• Advertisement

you are correct! Once I took that out it found the games on BDM! Now at least it boots the games and I get message about memory card storage. "insufficient space on memory card". so do I take out the fmcb card for a regular memory card once it has booted to OPL?

Master of the Universe

I believe you have to use a 'virtual memory card' for saves in OPL.

Have yet to try that out myself so you will be the canary down the coal mine 😁 - let us know how you get on!

you are correct. I had to go into the settings of each game to specify a VMC. finally racing with a save file! thank you for the help

one more from today, I picked up 8bitdo bluetooth receiver for my ps2 (same as ps1) so I can use a dualshock 4 with my ps2. great bit of kit for 20e

Master of the Universe

Gave that a quick go last night myself, it works!

One thing I cant seem to get working with it is the internal HDD. It'll be a bit redundant once the new higher capacity SD cards arrive, but I was trying to tinker with it last night and it just wouldn't detect it. Tried my old FMCB memory card and it worked with that, so not sure what's going on. I think potentially the version of OPL on those memory cards only works with the SD loading. (It says 'OPL for MX4 in the title') so you might need to add another version of OPL on too to get HDD loading working.

What a great find, I didn't know 8BITDO were doing those now. I've been using a Brook Super Converter for mine. It works but it's a big dangly box thing on a cable and I'm not too fond of it.. Was over twice the price of your one too.

Feck it, just ordered a pair of them! I do really like a good clean wireless controller receiver for an older consoles.

They're actually on amazon Germany for under 20 euro each if anyone is interested

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/6922621504467/dp/B0CCYML6M8/ref=sr_1_1?crid=172CBK8DJJTBH&keywords=ps2+8bitdo&qid=1702546890&sprefix=ps2+8bitdo%2Caps%2C44&sr=8-1

• Advertisement

RE hard drive, the version of OPL that came on my MX4SIO didn't originally work very well. I had to upgrade it by putting the new opl.elf file on a usb, then transferring from the usb to the fmcb card. I found this guide on reddit to be very useful. Especially starting off in ps2 soft moding, I was very confused before I read this post:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ps2homebrew/comments/16pcymj/guide_how_to_setup_fmcb_v1966_with_opl_for_mx4sio/

BTW I've tried 5 different versions of gran turismo 4 and can't get any to work. I've read somewheres about the original dvd was "dual layer" and maybe that is a factor but each time the game start with the black screen and the initial white text safety warning (this is only a game, wear your seat belt etc) and then it won't load any further. Any ideas on a setting to change to get this going?

Master of the Universe

Interesting, I'll try sticking another version of OPL on there too and see what happens.

Apparently GT4 works if you format the SD card into 16k clusters. Glad to hear that before I started loading games onto a card!

Edit - finally got my hands on a decent sized SD card so loaded it up with about 30 or so games this evening.

So far so good, played Outrun 2, GTA San Andreas and Hitman 2. No issues whatsoever. The load times also seemed quite fast. I read it's actually faster to load games if you keep the card ExFAT rather than Fat32.

Post edited by o1s1n on

Master of the Universe

So the battling with customs is complete and Raiden Fighters is finally in my cabinet. Just in time for a bit of play over Christmas!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,534 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Beautiful, I was only playing that the other night on the Steamdeck

Do you mind trying Gran Turismo 4? I still can't get it to work. Have tried both fat32 & exfat with 16k clusters

Master of the Universe

It's a really great game and I've never played it properly before.

A lot of folks say the Raiden Fighters games are Raiden in name only but there are huge Raiden vibes to it. Definitely feels like a game in the series.

You're going to hate me but it worked first go! I had that issue I read on one of the forums where you need to reconnect the controller but the game is running perfectly on my PS2.

Ive never actually played this before either. Seriously visually impressive.

Regarding my settings, I just have the SD card formatted as ExFAT and that's it, no other funky options or formatting done.

Edit just for posterity in case anyone has this issue in future, the difference between our setups seems to be that I'm using an old fat PS2 whereas Romperstomer is using a slim model. Might be causing the GT4 booting issues.

Post edited by o1s1n on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

More "new" gets from the attic clearout.

Mostly good condition. One box with no artwork (Cyberball) and then a loose Lethal Enforcers. No idea where they came from. I don't remember owning them!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,534 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

My Powkiddy RGB30 arrived,

And it's a damn nice device.

It's fully loaded too, and because it's a 1:1 HD 720p display it looks fantastic, especially with Handheld content.

Not only that, but DC and PS play very well, also.

And for less than €100 shipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,956 ✭✭✭Doge

Master of the Universe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,743 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Few days delay, but dropped in the door yesterday ahead of Xmas so can't complain, but hoping to give it a runout as opposed to going under the tree if time allows.

Interesting to see if some of the issues going around are present - how unsuited some users think Analogue OS is to a TV setup especially compared to the previous consoles, Everdrives not recognised, card swaps required to read them, some burned disc issues etc Already had a post launch firmware to address some issues - Game boot, CD disable when using a ED Pro etc

Have a number of CD games packed away, so will have to root for them, but one or two are to hand along with some HuCards, plus an ED (cover has to be removed for them to fit).

Quick look at it this morning. Initial impressions a little off but wanted to try it first without updating the firmware as I'd heard of some Everdrive issues not being present on the shipping firmware (0.9).

Going through a HDMI 5 way switcher, it wouldn't display an image unless you switched away and back to the input - one of those little HDMI handshake issues that disappeared once the update was done, so no harm. Not the first device to have handshake issues and won't be the last. Everdrive does seem to be a teething problem though (never mind the fact it has to be a bare card without a cover), as a 2.5 ED isn't working properly both pre and post-update. There's a card swap trick whereby you add a HuCard to the Library first then swap and launch the ED, but no success with that. Some V1 owners say it works though. ED Pro doesn't have this issue apparently, but don't have it to hand. That had its own issues with the CD core not functioning, much like it doesn't on a real Duo, but the last update allowed the user to disable the CD side of the console and just let the ED Pro do the work.

This is hopefully all just firmware stuff that can be addressed much like with other devices in the past plus was probably going to look into a Pro if it works out on the Pocket Adapters in time.

HuCards like SF2, R-Type, Vigilante etc all working fine as they should, plus tried out Rondo (PCE Works) and R-Type Complete which worked great (at least the little I played). Tried out a couple burned CDRs as well which also showed no issues. 8bitdo PC Engine pads sync up instantly via 2.4GHz without a dongle once on the right firmware, as should any Dock compatible pad. Original pads working grand as well.

Decent start all in all, though that ED issue hangs over it especially since Analogue still reference them working fine once they fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Sega's 'Dottori-kun' popped in from Japan and with no customs charges with AnPost...no idea how. Designed to be both inexpensive and disposable.

From SegaRetro.org, it was "it was created in response to Japan's Electrical Appliance and Material Control Law which required arcade cabinets to include a working arcade game at point of sale"

Video anyone?

@o1s1n What Micro SD card are you using with MX4ISO?

i.e. Size, Manufacturer and Model

Mine came today and i've read that it can be very picky on SD Cards.

Think I might break my rule of not ordering SD Cards from aliexpress and order the MX4ISO branded one here as they're known to work with it:

Master of the Universe

I used to have one or them years back, funny little bit of gaming history alright and an interesting loop hole for sure!

I've been sticking these 128Gb SanDisk cards in everything gaming related for a while now as they just seem to work and are a good compromise between price and size.

Works perfectly in the MX4ISO

https://www.currys.ie/products/sandisk-ultra-class-10-microsdxc-memory-card-128-gb-10217434.html

Just took a punt on the 512gb version which is on a lightning deal for prime users at the moment. Came to about 40 euro.

The 256gb version is compatible so hopefully this 512gb is too. I can always send it back if it doesn't work, and will add it to the submission list which is here:

Master of the Universe

Wow they're some great deals!

I actually picked myself up a fancy Sony NW-WM1A DAP (got it for about a third of retail price by buying used from eBay Japan!) and need a nice big SD card for it so will be grabbing one of those 256Gb ones.

You just gave me the gift of 128Gb more music, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭Inviere

I wrestled with this one for weeks and weeks. "Nah I'll leave it. Sure why not, may as well. Nah I won't use it. Go on, sure you've a strong nostalgic connection to all things Atari".....I'm sure you all know the drill. Head v heart, and heart winning as it often tends to do.

Anyway, turns out the battle wasn't necessary, it turned up as a Christmas surprise gift from my wife

• Advertisement

Must admit, I've been back and forth with that yoke. I know it'll end up on a shelf with the minis, but kept adding it to a basket and taking it back out 😂 Said to myself to wait for the inevitable price drop.

10% off it today. Must resist......

Advertisement