Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jet Get Radio!!!! post here when you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭geotrig

I'd agree there on CE, defo my favorite to relax and play on

• Registered Users Posts: 34,532 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I remember nabbing a good few of them from you back in the day, passed on most of them years back but still have your CE and The World Warrior.

Have tried my best to get into the others and they're great games but I just find them a bit too flashy and mental with all the super moves and that kinda thing.

Can't beat a good two player game of CE. Feels a bit more honest or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Picked up something to play Tetris on myself recently too.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭dav09

I'm pretty sure that used to be mine, I fixed it up and put in an original PCB, really nice cab regretted letting it go hope you enjoy

Master of the Universe

Cant beat seeing a good used coin door like that. Can only imagine the amount of 10p coins that went through it.

• Advertisement

If it's mine I remember there was old 10p Irish punts stuck in the mechs when it arrived. You can't beat that authenticity!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

It's one that has been on my list for a while. When I got it, it had some sort of tokens jammed in the coin mech.

My kids can't understand why they can't last 5 minutes on it, so my kids have been learning about economics and video arcades.... "listen Son, its not about you showing off how amazing you are at Tetris, its about you putting as many 10p coins in that slot there"

Debating, restoring the coin slot and a few other bits or keeping the "patina" intact. On balance, I think I like it looking its age.

Best thing about Tetris is that everyone plays it, it's sitting in a room with 201 consoles and 4000 plus games. Which absolutely no-one pays any attention to. The thing is probably getting more use these last few weeks than its had since 1989.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭tonyotonyo

Just a follow up on the cps2, I only read today that with most phoneixed boards you have the ability to change region just by using the test switch.

Taken from https://www.neo-geo.com/forums/index.php?threads/how-do-you-switch-regions-on-a-cps2-game-that-has-been-phoenixed.189581/

Yes, once you have the board Phoenixed you have access to all the regions, including the Japan region that has Norimaro as a playable character. He is only available when running in Japan region.

The Phoenix fix was also useful to me for games like Battle Circuit. The Euro version is very rare so I picked up a Japanese version but after Phoenixing I can switch it to Euro region and be able to take in the awesome story line

I know there was a bug in ss2turbo for Europe and America that has it always set to the most difficult level no matter what. But the ssf2x Japan version is fine. Don't mind the difficulty at all but I'll give it a shot later and see if it works.

If anyone has other cps2 games that they'd like to swap for an alpha 3 let me know. Really after 1944 or eco fighters, maybe 19xx. Or something else?

Master of the Universe

I'll tell myself that's why I'm always crap at SS2Turbo any time I give it a go 😁

I had an Xmen: Children of the Atom years ago that I didn't realise was actually phoenixed. The monitor in my cabinet took a little while to warm up and by the time it did, the 'Phoenixed Version' logo you get at the boot would have passed. So I'd always assumed it was still on a battery.

Didn't actually realised it was phoenixed till a few years later when I ran it through a supergun!

Kind of regret selling my CPS2 games a little. They took up ridiculous amounts of space but there really is something lovely about them.

My Jap AVP will be going into the grave with me though, never letting that one go!

Yeah the cps2 stuff is pretty nice to look at. I'd bet that was them dipping a toe in the water for a console which gave us the half baked cps changer.

Pure coincidence, I got a picture sent to me today from family in Japan. I think its the capcom headquarters? They're under orders to break into their vault tonight

And yeah AvP is a keeper!

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Looks to be Capcom's head office in Osaka, yeah you can't help but wonder what amazing things lie behind those doors!

I see there's a Capcom Store 30 minutes walk up the road from there too.

In my mind it's full of arcade PCBs and Cute/Impress cabinets for sale but it's probably mostly plushies and tat haha

Heres a few pictures back today from both the capcom store and nintendo. Nothing crazy but it's still neat to see. I like the resident evil herbs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

More info here, but to put it on the 'new get' list, picked up/gathered a Naomi GD-ROM unit and 'Melty Blood: Act Cadenza' :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Finally got my lethal weapon 3 pinball home. Big shout to @CathalDublin & brownfinger himself for pretty much resurrecting this

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,860 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Used to play that in trabolgan on a visit. Great machine, love the trigger for the plunger. It was also nice for someone awful at it that it was set to give a free life with your first tilt.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Did you play it yet?

I have the original 2 player sit down cab.

The system246 inside is literally a PS2 which is modified to use a HDD. The license dongle is a PS2 memory card and has 2 gamepad inputs below, exactly like a PS2.

Very noisy cab!!! The game itself isn't one of my favourites. I've been planning to MAME it but life got in the way.

Nice, as for the 246 I would say definitely mame it! I'm currently doing the same for a 246, they boards are very flakey and HDDs constantly go as they're so old. My mate got this project on Adverts recently I brought it from having non working monitor chassis and PCB to now rewired with all of the drivers on Mame (photo was before I adjusted the monitor obviously), would recommend it for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

This finally made it into our house and even the cat is loving it.

for a machine that spent 9 years unmaintained in a bar in Dublin, it only took 15mins to resolve any issues and now all it needs is some rubber and a clean

Master of the Universe

Amazing, is that one from Fibbers?

It is the indeed, played it many times from the week it was installed until it was switched off more often than not in recent years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,957 ✭✭✭Doge

Nice get! Enter the pinman.

Btw, did anyone else hack the main frame when trying to like Cathal's post?

what’s the pinman, I got that error posting my reply there too

It was a silly pun I made on Enter Sandman! Mistakenly thought there was a "the" in the title for that song.

lol🤣

sorry for spoiling your joke

Ah it's not a good joke if you have to explain it anyway! 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Ye I've spent a lot of time and money getting it working as original but i had to store it somewhere, initially short term but turned into long term, so I'm hoping to get it back into the games room this month, but i suspect all the I/O boards will be dead. They're so flaky!!

So definitely the plan is to MAME it now. The tricky part will be interfacing the controls with the PC, if the I/O boards are dead. They have USB out so shouldn't be too difficult. Otherwise i might have to get some xbox steering wheel and pedals.

How did you hook up your controls? For my naomi cab, i got the U-HID and spent too much on customs. It'll be a tough sell to get another couple of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,743 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Not especially new as such, either in retail, or on here, but Bitmap Books recently reprinted the NES and SNES visual compendium that now come with the essential hard slip case. Held off adding them to the collection until now so delighted with that.

Picked up their Art of the Box as well seeing as how I was sending away. Lovely presentation as always with absolutely first class shipping. Lot of care goes into the product not to mention getting it to the customer in perfect condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Got another Speccy 48k, but cheap off Adverts of all places!

Felt bad it was so cheap, gave the lad more

Master of the Universe

Here's something I haven't done in many many years, actually bought an arcade PCB!

A single board Japanese Raiden Fighters.

I've never actually owned any of the Raiden Fighters games, always meant to buy one but was a bit turned off by the SPI mobo/cart setup.

Only just found out there were some single board versions released. There's a Chinese one that has crappy BGM but this one actually has the proper music.

I don't usually buy PCBs anymore as they're not worth the prices they're commanding these days IMO, however there still seems to be some nice deals to be had on Arcade-projects. Worth taking a look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Ive been only on here the odd time the last few months but ive been picking up a few bits all the time.

Managed to get to a old arcade ops stash last week and picked up a bunch of marquees

Little video here for anyone who wants to see

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CzmuoeuotIo/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Advertisement