Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terminator Werewolf - Game thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Angus WW wrote: »
    Agreed, there is still nearly 6 hours left to vote. way to early to determine that there should be no lynch today. At least wait until closer to the time to make an argument for no lynch

Steve gets my vote for the bullet but let him come back first!

Few others putting their heads up too at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

REMINDER
    40 POST LIMIT GUYS UNTIL 6PM (then go wild)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

beakerjoe wrote: »
    REMINDER
    40 POST LIMIT GUYS UNTIL 6PM (then go wild)

How do we know when we are close to reaching that and should we stop posting once we hit the 40 mark?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Lucy WW

Emily WW wrote: »
    Well I can confirm that somebody (presumably Conor) gave me one of the prizes.

You can shot me to prove I'm village but it is wasted

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    I disagree. An FFA is a list of who you suspect and why. It's a way for villagers to nail their colours to the mast and if forces wolves to do the same. Posting FFAs is harder for wolves because they know who is good and who is not so they are ALWAYS making up a reason to include people - villagers list their suspicions in good faith; they can and often are wrong but they aren't lying.

If many people suspect the same person and they are village it gives them an opportunity to defend themselves, moreso than an anonymous vote does anyway.
    Eva WW wrote: »
    Nah, you see day 1 FFAs are always somewhat forgivable if they are well thought through and backed up by what has happened on thread. You could do the above two as an FFA with reasoning and say you aren't particularly convinced by them but it at least gives something to read about you. What your proposing at 3pm, is giving no indications and fence sitting

To be honest I find FFAs quite difficult throughout games regardless of my allegiance or involvement. I think they are good at giving Village data (I’m
    Not averse to them being used as strategies) but for players like me i find it hard to find multiple people to pick out. Maybe it’s cause I’m lazy or just not very good at the game (or both).

That said, hopefully I will have some time to review events in this village better, when games have loads of posts it can be hard and daunting to keep up.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Nigel WW wrote: »
    How do we know when we are close to reaching that and should we stop posting once we hit the 40 mark?

Nigel WW 29
    Angus WW 23
    Lucy WW 23
    Derry WW 20
    Barbara WW 19
    Fiona WW 17
    Emily WW 16
    Conor WW 16
    Eva WW 15
    Jake WW 15
    Tegan WW 15
    Frank WW 14
    Vernon WW 14
    Doris WW 14
    Orla WW 12
    Clodagh WW 12
    Steve WW 12
    Patrick WW 11
    beakerjoe 11
    Mary WW 7
    Phil WW 5
    Gabriel WW 4
    Katie WW 3
    Gertrude WW 3
    Isla WW 2
    Brendan WW 2

That's from game start rather than since this morning.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Lucy WW

Jake WW wrote: »
    How do we protect John without outing him?
    We can't identify him on thread

Have we a peek? I know John cant out himself

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Have read the thread twice and what's your reasoning on Steve? To help with this game but also for playing werewolf in general.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Sorry havent really got into the game yet getting a lot of bluescreen, computer crashes and freezes.
    Will have a read back

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Ok I'm back, crazy day thank God it's over.

Gonna multiquote as post count and stuff.

Mary WW wrote: »
    Sorry I've not made it on today before now. Just caught up on thread and think Steve has to be the most obvious lynch for tonight. Open to reasons why I shouldn't vote for you stevie boy.

Why because I gave a wrong answer on thread? Flimsy enough.
    Barbara WW wrote: »
    Right all done.

According to my calculations there is a 0% chance that Steve didn't enter a guess.

My workings are below

2-complex-math-formulas-on-whiteboard-mathematics-and-science-with-economics-michal-bednarek.jpg

giphy.gif
    Frank WW wrote: »
    That's more to do with my googling skills I gave up and guessed some numbers.
    But 'the hairs on your neck went up you say? That's WAF.

This is a lazy post from Frank based on phrasing and trying to shade Doris. Would be on my FFA.
    Conor WW wrote: »
    I won folks, I left as soon as I posted that so only saw the message now. I have to share one of the prizes (bullet and lynch protect) with someone.

Interesting. No idea who to give it to.

Oh, just saw you went with Emily, I guess that's ok. If it was me I'd have passed off lynch protect and kept bullet, interesting to see what you've done
    Was it Steve?

Nope, not fired. Almost wish I was though.
    Left to herself, the serpent now began
    To change; her elfin blood in madness ran,
    Her mouth foam'd, and the grass, therewith besprent,
    Wither'd at dew so sweet and virulent;
    Her eyes in torture fix'd, and anguish drear,
    Hot, glaz'd, and wide, with lid-lashes all sear,
    Flash'd phosphor and sharp sparks, without one cooling tear.
    The colours all inflam'd throughout her train,
    She writh'd about, convuls'd with scarlet pain:
    A deep volcanian yellow took the place
    Of all her milder-mooned body's grace;
    And, as the lava ravishes the mead,
    Spoilt all her silver mail, and golden brede;
    Made gloom of all her frecklings, streaks and bars,
    Eclips'd her crescents, and lick'd up her stars:
    So that, in moments few, she was undrest
    Of all her sapphires, greens, and amethyst,
    And rubious-argent: of all these bereft,
    Nothing but pain and ugliness were left.

Second poem, Babs is making my FFA tonight for the sheer fluff of this and the one last night.

I disagree. An FFA is a list of who you suspect and why. It's a way for villagers to nail their colours to the mast and if forces wolves to do the same. Posting FFAs is harder for wolves because they know who is good and who is not so they are ALWAYS making up a reason to include people - villagers list their suspicions in good faith; they can and often are wrong but they aren't lying.

If many people suspect the same person and they are village it gives them an opportunity to defend themselves, moreso than an anonymous vote does anyway.

Good post, agree with this.

Fair play Eva at least you'll let me speak. No idea why my post is being scrutinised so much, simply didn't have the time to PM after I had worked out... as it turns out incorrectly but meh - the code.

My own #FFA1 is

Frank - piece of dirty shade on Doris based off phrasing, seems like picking out something for the sake of it to discredit her
    Babs - poem posting and general fluff monster, also wouldn't disclose about the bullet.

That's whats I got so far. Mary would be a distant third but it seems a bit OMGUS so leaving her off for now anyways

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Conor what was the correct code?

Was Steves guess right?

Conor what was the correct code?

Was Steves guess right?

Nope.

I've gone for 45351, I made some judgement reLinda Hamilton. She wasn't credited in one.
    Steve WW wrote: »
    Think it's 45451 but not sure, someone else can PM as I'm only darting in briefly be back later

Just another general point to make, we should all try to at least get used to some posters styles. I’m hoping if T-1000 takes over my beautiful body that they will struggle to copy my melodious posting style.

I suppose we could try to maybe pick out a couple of posters each that we will try to follow particularly closely. So for example I say I will keep a close eye on Lucy, Steve and Vernon. If we kill one of T-1000 lives and they jump to one of the three I’m keeping an eye on I might be more likely to spot a change in posting?

I find it hard to spot things when doing mass FFAs by going through people’s entire posts. Of course a wolf will be doing these FFAs so maybe with 25 players we could all have three to 5 people each. If nobody gets the same person we could randomise who each person gets so it would be statistically improbable that only a wolf would be keeping an eye on a wolf (or less probable). Just an idea to try to balance out the T-1000 powrr

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Lucy WW wrote: »
    Have we a peek? I know John cant out himself
    So why did you go suss on me for saying the lynch protect was basically useless?
    I don't want to be all "I suspect you because you suspect me" but it seemed to come from nowhere

And according to the OP no one can peek

We aren't going to get lynch votes in this right?

Just another general point to make, we should all try to at least get used to some posters styles. I’m hoping if T-1000 takes over my beautiful body that they will struggle to copy my melodious posting style.

I suppose we could try to maybe pick out a couple of posters each that we will try to follow particularly closely. So for example I say I will keep a close eye on Lucy, Steve and Vernon. If we kill one of T-1000 lives and they jump to one of the three I’m keeping an eye on I might be more likely to spot a change in posting?

I find it hard to spot things when doing mass FFAs by going through people’s entire posts. Of course a wolf will be doing these FFAs so maybe with 25 players we could all have three to 5 people each. If nobody gets the same person we could randomise who each person gets so it would be statistically improbable that only a wolf would be keeping an eye on a wolf (or less probable). Just an idea to try to balance out the T-1000 powrr

Actually I suppose everybody could be doing this in background so no need to announce on thread who you are “following.

We aren't going to get lynch votes in this right?

After the lynch is my understanding so we will see final votes

My own #FFA1 is

Frank - piece of dirty shade on Doris based off phrasing, seems like picking out something for the sake of it to discredit her
    Babs - poem posting and general fluff monster, also wouldn't disclose about the bullet.

That's whats I got so far. Mary would be a distant third but it seems a bit OMGUS so leaving her off for now anyways

Just a little joke Steve. Don't lynch me for having a laugh.
    Anyone can see that isn't a serious accusation against Doris, the fact that I am your favourite to hang for it is a bit much.
    Noted...

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Steve's #FFA1 is bringing the weak sauce.

Steve's #FFA1 is bringing the weak sauce.

Where's your FFA Babs so - or are you going to continue to post fluff and poetry all day long

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

This is an excellent point. Great catch Emily that could help later on down the line.

Just a little joke Steve. Don't lynch me for having a laugh.
    Anyone can see that isn't a serious accusation against Doris, the fact that I am your favourite to hang for it is a bit much.
    Noted...

Favourite? FFAs aren't weighted that I'm aware of

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Where's your FFA Babs so - or are you going to continue to post fluff and poetry all day long

So just because your brought the weak sauce you want me to bring it too?

And yes, there will be more poetry later.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

What is FFA? Googled it. No help at all.

So just because your brought the weak sauce you want me to bring it too?

And yes, there will be more poetry later.

So you don't have one. Grand so. Let's see your own suspicions instead of just trashing mine - I can only go on what's posted on thread and so far you've contributed the sum total of FA other than Fluff.

You're more fluffy than a bag of cotton wool

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

This is an excellent point. Great catch Emily that could help later on down the line.

SorrowfulReadyCoqui-small.gif

Thanks

Good luck with the T-1000 if he takes over Barbara and tries to start copying the poems. If we all have unique posts T-1000 may struggle unless they are naturally somebody with multiple personality disorder who is comfortable being other people. :pac:

Orla WW wrote: »
    What is FFA? Googled it. No help at all.

Essentially you post your top 3 suspects and give reasons why you suspect them. In theory they can be all collated and if there are a couple/3 strong contenders for the lynch people are encouraged to lynch one of those, based on the wisdome of crowds BUT ....the latter part doesn't seem to happen as much now as it did previously, often because not enough people do them.

That said, I still find they are very useful to village and encourage doing them for the reasons I gave earlier.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Actually I suppose everybody could be doing this in background so no need to announce on thread who you are “following.

There's nothing to stop anyone at any time going back through an individual's posts to see if there style has changed. I wouldn't be made keen on assigning people to follow. Might be worth checking people in the future and announcing you've done so, so that people know what you've done, who you've looked at and what conclusion you've drawn.

• Advertisement

SorrowfulReadyCoqui-small.gif
    What does it mean conor?

Advertisement