Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terminator Werewolf - Game thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    Who wants a bullet or a lynch protect?

FlashyShockingFinwhale-size_restricted.gif

Don’t want either, I’m enjoying having no responsibility to anything in this game. Ha, if there was an SK that wouldn’t look good, I’m just happy to be free of shackles of responsibility is what I mean.

If we don’t want the bullet used it should stay with you as you have at least owned up to it. Village should decide BG concensus what to do. That’s a good looks that you came out on thread. The only caveat is that on day 1 it’s more beneficial for a wolf to garner village points so I’m neutral on the what thus says about your alliegance.

I find night 1 lynch is a crap shoot. Cant recall ever having a strong feel on somebody on night 1, particularly after a fluffy day 0 (which I was very much a part of).

Would a wolf intentionally give out wrong answers? (Accusations against steve) Meh, I’m not sure as they leave themselves exposed and it’s a lazy play for me. I’d of thought most wolves want to blend in and appear as villagey as possible or go for the TWTBAW strategy.

I missed the comp today as I was out walking the dog (work for myself so have flexibility to do whatever I want when I want :) ). Going forward has anybody any suggestions on how the village should try to manage the comp?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Lucy WW

Nigel WW wrote: »
    Come on, even for Day 0 this is pure dodge... and then you disappear. This defence is even worse, if you can't see yourself how these weren't dodge we can't help you. My vote stands.

Do you want me on here 24 hours

Shot me if you want you will see I'm village

I won nothing but I did log in late today

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Lucy WW wrote: »
    Shot me if you want you will see I'm village

You hear her... shoot the lady.

giphy.gif

Ed Sheeran could be a terminator

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Great question,was going to ask myself.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Left to herself, the serpent now began
    To change; her elfin blood in madness ran,
    Her mouth foam'd, and the grass, therewith besprent,
    Wither'd at dew so sweet and virulent;
    Her eyes in torture fix'd, and anguish drear,
    Hot, glaz'd, and wide, with lid-lashes all sear,
    Flash'd phosphor and sharp sparks, without one cooling tear.
    The colours all inflam'd throughout her train,
    She writh'd about, convuls'd with scarlet pain:
    A deep volcanian yellow took the place
    Of all her milder-mooned body's grace;
    And, as the lava ravishes the mead,
    Spoilt all her silver mail, and golden brede;
    Made gloom of all her frecklings, streaks and bars,
    Eclips'd her crescents, and lick'd up her stars:
    So that, in moments few, she was undrest
    Of all her sapphires, greens, and amethyst,
    And rubious-argent: of all these bereft,
    Nothing but pain and ugliness were left.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Emily WW wrote: »
    Don’t want either, I’m enjoying having no responsibility to anything in this game. Ha, if there was an SK that wouldn’t look good, I’m just happy to be free of shackles of responsibility is what I mean.

If we don’t want the bullet used it should stay with you as you have at least owned up to it. Village should decide BG concensus what to do. That’s a good looks that you came out on thread. The only caveat is that on day 1 it’s more beneficial for a wolf to garner village points so I’m neutral on the what thus says about your alliegance.

I find night 1 lynch is a crap shoot. Cant recall ever having a strong feel on somebody on night 1, particularly after a fluffy day 0 (which I was very much a part of).

Would a wolf intentionally give out wrong answers? (Accusations against steve) Meh, I’m not sure as they leave themselves exposed and it’s a lazy play for me. I’d of thought most wolves want to blend in and appear as villagey as possible or go for the TWTBAW strategy.

I missed the comp today as I was out walking the dog (work for myself so have flexibility to do whatever I want when I want :) ). Going forward has anybody any suggestions on how the village should try to manage the comp?

quote-only-those-who-do-not-seek-power-are-qualified-to-hold-it-plato-91-23-36.jpg

Well at least for tonight

Conor WW wrote: »
    I won folks, I left as soon as I posted that so only saw the message now. I have to share one of the prizes (bullet and lynch protect) with someone.

Can we believe trust this, could Joe confirm?
    Jake WW wrote: »
    What benefit is the lynch protect to the village? Surely the village decides (albeit privately) who to lynch
    If we discuss who gets shot, it doesn't really matter who gets the bullet does it?

John Connor must be protected, I'm suss now on Jake though but early for a FFA1 still mulling

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Love a bitta Keats.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

I hate poems

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

WTF on what exactly Phil

I think Nigel answered it for me. Your starting posts are a bit...

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Orla WW wrote: »
    Sorry, a work crisis today so i missed the game. Someone got fired. Thankfully not me but I was a witness and had to be at meeting. I will be available at 1 normally I knew no answer anyway so no difference.

Was it Frank?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Didn't get near at the comp time, so I am not in the running.

Wolf won then?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Eva WW wrote: »
    So at this time you've zero suspicions or anyone you'd lean as evil?

Like, maybe Steve? Maybe Lucy? Neither strong enough to warrant putting on an FFA really though. Which is why I don't like FFA's on day 1. They're providing the mob with a petard for you to be hoisted upon.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Do not give me the bullet! I go a little rogue when I get access to bullets :D

Vernon WW wrote: »
    Like, maybe Steve? Maybe Lucy? Neither strong enough to warrant putting on an FFA really though. Which is why I don't like FFA's on day 1. They're providing the mob with a petard for you to be hoisted upon.

Why would you not vote at all though?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

John Connor must be protected, I'm suss now on Jake though but early for a FFA1 still mulling
    How do we protect John without outing him?
    We can't identify him on thread

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Oh just incase we decide to vote on who gets shot, I vote Steve

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    If we are doing that, people should be asked for a link to where they found their answer. It would be very easy for a wolf to return a wrong answer without accountability as to why.

Coordination will slow things down if you ask me. The best approach for the village I think is to do the research individually and then pm beaker, and then post what you've done to the thread. I even said which digit I was least sure about in case someone wanted to include the one she didn't have a credit for (Linda Hamilton that is). We don't want all of the village giving the same answer. We want villagers giving a wide variety of answers quickly. There's no point taking 5 minutes to come up with the answer as a group as one wolf could do it in a minute (maybe slightly more). If everyone throws in their answer as soon as they can and say which digit (or digits they are unsure of then the others can guess those other numbers).

Why would you not vote at all though?

I didn't say I wouldn't vote. I said I'd vote for 'No Lynch'. Because I don't suspect anyone enough to hang them.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    Didn't get near at the comp time, so I am not in the running.

Wolf won then?

Catch up will ya

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

Well I can confirm that somebody (presumably Conor) gave me one of the prizes.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

I disagree. An FFA is a list of who you suspect and why. It's a way for villagers to nail their colours to the mast and if forces wolves to do the same. Posting FFAs is harder for wolves because they know who is good and who is not so they are ALWAYS making up a reason to include people - villagers list their suspicions in good faith; they can and often are wrong but they aren't lying.

If many people suspect the same person and they are village it gives them an opportunity to defend themselves, moreso than an anonymous vote does anyway.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Nah, you see day 1 FFAs are always somewhat forgivable if they are well thought through and backed up by what has happened on thread. You could do the above two as an FFA with reasoning and say you aren't particularly convinced by them but it at least gives something to read about you. What your proposing at 3pm, is giving no indications and fence sitting

No one is going to come out and say I'm John Connor on thread...

Conor WW was telling the truth so unless both him and Emily are playing as a team and are both wolves Conor surely must be looked upon as leaning village.

I didn't say I wouldn't vote. I said I'd vote for 'No Lynch'. Because I don't suspect anyone enough to hang them.

Semantics. It amounts to the same thing. I understand not having an idea at this time of the day, but to say this early No Lynch?

Gone quiet now the prize has been passed out.

Right shall we decide on who to shoot?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Semantics. It amounts to the same thing. I understand not having an idea at this time of the day, but to say this early No Lynch?

Agreed, there is still nearly 6 hours left to vote. way to early to determine that there should be no lynch today. At least wait until closer to the time to make an argument for no lynch

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    I disagree. An FFA is a list of who you suspect and why. It's a way for villagers to nail their colours to the mast and if forces wolves to do the same. Posting FFAs is harder for wolves because they know who is good and who is not so they are ALWAYS making up a reason to include people - villagers list their suspicions in good faith; they can and often are wrong but they aren't lying.

If many people suspect the same person and they are village it gives them an opportunity to defend themselves, moreso than an anonymous vote does anyway.
    Oh you perhaps misunderstood. I'm all for FFA's, just not on Day 1. Can you honestly say you're so confident that someone here is a wolf today that you're willing to hang them? I'm not, and that's all I'm saying here.
    Eva WW wrote: »
    Nah, you see day 1 FFAs are always somewhat forgivable if they are well thought through and backed up by what has happened on thread. You could do the above two as an FFA with reasoning and say you aren't particularly convinced by them but it at least gives something to read about you. What your proposing at 3pm, is giving no indications and fence sitting
    I've seen someone get lynched before for a nonsense statement or mistake they've made on day 1. I've stated that I'd maybe be ever so slightly suspicious of Steve and Lucy. Not enough for me to put them on an FFA but that's all I've got. I'm more reticent to nail them onto a board as my wolves for Day 1. If they're still raising flags for me tomorrow then I'll put them on my FFA then because I've more to go on. It's the entire idea of an FFA on day 1 that I disagree with. You can read my posts if you want to get a feel for me.

And I like my fence so :P

It's a valid tactic when there's no one I want to vote for. I didn't say I was 100% voting for No Lynch, I just said it was an option I was thinking about. Woah up there horsey.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

No one is going to come out and say I'm John Connor on thread...

Conor WW was telling the truth so unless both him and Emily are playing as a team and are both wolves Conor surely must be looked upon as leaning village.

Exactly, no way to identify John Connor safely. I find it very suss that Lucy jumped on me for that.

Advertisement