Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This Week on Misery Watch: The Late Late Show - Friday 22nd January 2021.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,588 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Can RTE do a last Friday of every month with Irish tunes, 2 hours or so?

Can we seriously replace the Mike Denver & Nathan Carter annual special with these guys?

There is literally no argument for not doing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Take it however way you like.

The show’s been on for almost sixty years and it’s never been strictly light entertainment. Never.

You can complain as much as you like but as far as most right-minded people are concerned if you’re just going to watch The Late Late Show week after week and still moan about that, you’re just a crank.

I'm not watching it-I enjoy the debate and the witticisms I read here each week though.

I don't particularly like hypocrisy and blatant doom mongering from a gangly man child who takes nothing but pleasure from it, nor am I too enthusiastic about arguing with someone who takes up contrarian positions on a provincial website for the sake of it.

So, you can have your view, which you're not paying for, and I shall have mine.

**** sake - The Stardust - Jaysus.

I'm bowing out on a high note, at least they didn't relegate the trad to last. Quota of misery already topped, only a masochist would bear out more. Goodnight folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭screamer

Craic agus ceoil agus Covid

I’m done, when we need to be uplifted, the LL makes us downtrodden

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Wishox

sligojoek wrote: »
    Good mate of mine on the left. Jarlath McTernan, son of Kevin.

Love him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Normality has resumed

Late late show viewers have landed safely back to earth and death

• Registered Users Posts: 81,501 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Doubt there will be any questions on the political goings on from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭newmember2

Give My Head Peace on BBC1 NI!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

That was a lovely segment that meant a lot to me. I first saw Planxty with my mother in the 70s in Kennedys of Puckane. I was about 12. Over the years, be it Movin Hearts, C Moore, Irvine, Lunny, I always recorded or video recorded the show for the mother.
    She hasn't long left and just had a text from her saying how much she enjoyed it. It'll probably be her last time seeing them "live"

The Plassy on Inis Oirr is on my list for this summer, from Father Ted intro and major rescue operation when it grounded...
    On_the_Rocks%2C_Inisheer%2C_Aran_Islands_-2-_-_geograph.org.uk_-_637547.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MV_Plassy

As I walked past that, one of the pony & trap men who was haunting me for business said "you'd want to be up here to see that properly". On the other hand I was sole passenger in the plane and got a special demo vertical take-off into the very strong steady wind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,806 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Normality has resumed

Late late show viewers have landed safely back to earth and death

Look I don't think we can expect there not to be a life story - but last week was a a joke.

At this stage we need 1/2 sad - 1/2 happy at least.

I think the real issue for the show now is - nothing is actually happening in life. They could do with taking 1 hour off the show at least.

The Stardust has been covered unbelievably - they could at least wait till near anniversary.

Look - well done on music piece anyway.

Did her parents leave her in the cot while they went clubbing?:confused:

M

As I walked past that, one of the pony & trap men who was haunting me for business said "you'd want to be up here to see that properly". On the other hand I was sold passenger in the plane and got a special demo vertical take-off into the very strong steady wind.

Ye oldin Norman Islander, she is so versatile, still running strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Wishox wrote: »
    Love him

He got married and moved to Belfast a few years ago. Up to Covid he was playing a few tunes around there. He has a full time job otherwise. He spent a couple of yesars on the road with Michael Flatley's Lord of the Dance but gave it up when he got sick of miming to his own music.

That was a lovely segment that meant a lot to me. I first saw Planxty with my mother in the 70s in Kennedys of Puckane. I was about 12. Over the years, be it Movin Hearts, C Moore, Irvine, Lunny, I always recorded or video recorded the show for the mother.
    She hasn't long left and just had a text from her saying how much she enjoyed it. It'll probably be her last time seeing them "live"

Seen planxity and Paul Brady with my dad - seen planxity at that reunion run. And changed my life a little.

I get a sense the lads have has the ups and down of life - and are in a strange way, extroverted, internalizing loners.

I can relate to them :)

So lovely mate you both still have those memories, She sounds like a tough and wonderful woman

M

In the HD Ryan is looking shook.

That's very poignant.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,711 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

She is very well coached

She is very well coached

She has a great memory

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,638 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Spoofer

I bet thats Michael Jackson !

Wishox wrote: »
    I bet thats Michael Jackson !

Haaaaaa

Not sure what the point of this is ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

HeyV wrote: »
    God, I miss Willie Clancy week :(

This. I agree 1000%

If you have to ask you'll never know, if you know you'll never have to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

I guess she has a book out?

Is anyone following this???

Is she reading this off an autocue? She's making no eye contact with Tubs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Sorry for her loss. Don't think I'll get the book.

• Advertisement

Is anyone following this???

No. And I know families who were in the Stardust.

Advertisement