Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This Week on Misery Watch: The Late Late Show - Friday 22nd January 2021.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,823 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Great speakers - and natural.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭bloopy

First of all I don’t think you know what “salacious” means.

Second I fail to how a current affairs programme is “dumbing” itself “down” by talking about the biggest current affair of the past twenty odd years. Anyway I thought The Late Late was supposed to be light entertainment?

Honestly I really believe that a lot of the viewers foaming at the mouth watching Ryan tonight would feel a lot better if they would just ask Mammy if they could change the channel.

I know exactly what it means and I use it deliberately. It has become almost sexual the way RTE is treating this whole thing. And yes, rte has dumbed itself down. Its current affairs programming, especially with regards Covid-19 has become little better than the Sunday World's 'crime' reporting - the paper needs the story, the paper feeds off the story, without the story the paper has nothing.
    If you want to continue to wallow in this constant negative **** that the Irish media have been pumping for the last ten months then go right ahead. It serves no purpose and it is destroying us. It is constant and unending.

You think we don't know the serious position we are in at the moment? You think we don't care?

When this is over and the story dies down, the Irish media are going to have some serious questions to answer for their incredibly irresponsible behaviour over the duration of this entire event.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,311 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Wishox wrote: »
    I ****ing love the uilleann pipes

Unbelievable talent.

Ryan could have done this type of show much more often this Winter

She looks a little like my other 1/2 - I wish my moth could play the flute as well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

They need to get Christy Moore on soon and get 3 or 4 tunes out of him

• Advertisement

The last hour has been one of redemption. More!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,295 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Louise deserves a picture

540416.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭nsnoefc1878

Two fine talented Irish women there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Can you drink 1/2 pints only with one kidney ?

Pfft. I’m hard. I’ll be back for my pint.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,384 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

May I be so bold as to suggest a new drinking game for The Late Late Show. Every time you hear the phrase:
    "When the doctor told you that your illness was terminal how did you feel"
    You take a bottle of whiskey and a pistol, and head out to your private study at the back of the house.

The only issue is Ryan will have your family on the show in the few weeks to discuss their pain and suffering.

• Advertisement

Take it however way you like.

The show’s been on for almost sixty years and it’s never been strictly light entertainment. Never.

You can complain as much as you like but as far as most right-minded people are concerned if you’re just going to watch The Late Late Show week after week and still moan about that, you’re just a crank.

Share with us your enjoyment :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,853 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Wishox wrote: »
    I ****ing love the uilleann pipes

Put Them Under Pressure, the uileann pipes solo is pure magic, 2 mins 23 seconds in :D...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,927 ✭✭✭saabsaab

How about a Covid Sea Shanty?

'Fairwell and adeiu ye wee Covid virus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭nsnoefc1878

She looks a little like my other 1/2 - I wish my moth could play the flute as well :D

She can :P

I think they decided to let this roll for once. - Like what the hell is wrong with 40 mins in a whatever 2.5 hour show.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Wishox

I can't wait to get over to Dun Laoghaire, track down Ryan, punch him square in the face, and harangue him for being a misery p0rn ghoul. :)

Not good enough, he will be back. Rather tie him to the undercarrige of a plane going to new york, actually he would probably survive and hit it big in the states the slimey ****

I can't wait to get over to Dun Laoghaire, track down Ryan, punch him square in the face, and harangue him for being a misery p0rn ghoul. :)

The tide crosses from Holyhead at 9am, wild swimming is all de rage. Turn right at de pier when you arrive, he's just a few hundred metres up.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,599 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I know way less than I should about trad.

I only realised a while ago that the difference between a jig and a reel is that a jig is 3/4 time and a reel is 4/4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭torrevieja

cant watch this im Depressed now

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭jack747

Fitting show tonight to justify the 495k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72,313 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Any fans on here of The Gloaming?

As soon as any tour dates are announced (especially in Ireland), I'm there. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭AdrianBalboa

bloopy wrote: »
    I know exactly what it means and I use it deliberately. It has become almost sexual the way RTE is treating this whole thing. And yes, rte has dumbed itself down. Its current affairs programming, especially with regards Covid-19 has become little better than the Sunday World's 'crime' reporting - the paper needs the story, the paper feeds off the story, without the story the paper has nothing.
    If you want to continue to wallow in this constant negative **** that the Irish media have been pumping for the last ten months then go right ahead. It serves no purpose and it is destroying us. It is constant and unending.

You think we don't know the serious position we are in at the moment? You think we don't care?

When this is over and the story dies down, the Irish media are going to have some serious questions to answer for their incredibly irresponsible behaviour over the duration of this entire event.

You used it deliberately because RTE has been treating covid “almost sexually?”

I’m sorry but I’m just going to stop reading and responding to your posts. They have no value and they are a waste of my time. Good night.

**** my foot just went up and down - uncontrolled.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

The late late is actually like Tommy Tiernans show in a way. On TT he dosent know who the guest is before hand and interviews the guest. On the late late Ryan knows who the guest is but hasnt a clue about them or their background. If it's not a narrow band of american politics or the Beatles or sickness he is found wanting.
    Talking gibberish to musicians about fantasy sessions and god knows what rubbish to any athlete.

I am at a total loss as to explain why someone who claims to be so well read is such a light weight on almost everything. Actually on reflection I think its coz he just doenst care. Hes getting his 500k regardless and has had a silver spoon all his life.

M

Or Báid Eddie in Donegal which is disappearing fast :D

BadEddie.jpg

The Plassy on Inis Oirr is on my list for this summer, from Father Ted intro and major rescue operation when it grounded...
    On_the_Rocks%2C_Inisheer%2C_Aran_Islands_-2-_-_geograph.org.uk_-_637547.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MV_Plassy

• Registered Users Posts: 19,599 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Put Them Under Pressure, the uileann pipes solo is pure magic, 2 mins 23 seconds in :D...

Even playing that in my mind gets me emotional.

Best thing ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,295 ✭✭✭CH3OH

He just can't let covid and death go

Every opportunity

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I know way less than I should about trad.

I only realised a while ago that the difference between a jig and a reel is that a jig is 3/4 time and a reel is 4/4.

It’s one of the positive things about Irish culture is Irish trad music. It’s not ‘cool’ but it can draw people together and it is also serious fun to play in a group.

M

Give us more tunes, ffs, this is great.

• Advertisement

Very very positive people - fair play

Advertisement