Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman stabbed near IFSC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭BredonWimsey

CucaFace wrote: »
    It was a really horrible thing that happened to that poor woman. What a scumbag that boy is. I hope he gets whats coming to him.

But i must have been living for the last 12 years in a completely different IFSC to the one that has been described in this post. Not once have i felt anyway intimated or scared in the IFSC and I'm originally from the countryside.

do you live in Dublin 1 and 2 now... i only ask because since the lockdown - the kids are running riot. great that you havent experienced it but that doesnt mean there isnt a problem, i mean the fireworks were going off for months, they were literally throwing fireworks at people, its a joke and the issue with delinquency is that it starts off small and escalates. and it is escalating for sure.

do you live in Dublin 1 and 2 now... i only ask because since the lockdown - the kids are running riot. great that you havent experienced it but that doesnt mean there isnt a problem, i mean the fireworks were going off for months, they were literally throwing fireworks at people, its a joke and the issue with delinquency is that it starts off small and escalates. and it is escalating for sure.

There really does seem to be two Ireland's. It's amazing how oblivious some people are to these everyday issues that are exceptionally common.

I live in a rough area and the kids been off has caused more hassle and trouble than you could imagine. Then we hear on the news about their poor mental health from being off school.. pull the other one.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭CucaFace

Dublin 1. Ive lived in 2 separate parts of the IFSC. Still living there.

I can hear the fireworks. Haven't see too many kids around.

There are issues everywhere in Dublin with this unfortunately. I just find it a little over the top the way some people have made the IFSC out, as if its the Ballymun flats in the 70's.

Im someone that really hates these rats, so i would notice them if they were around all the time. Maybe ive been lucky and just haven't been around the same time, who knows.

Are you living in the area?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

newmember? wrote: »
    Indeed...would you say this is the poorest class in our society?

That depends on what you define as poor. When your accommodation, travel, healthcare etc is covered by the state, it means there are plenty of welfare recipients with more disposable income than many working families.

Stay Free

Dublin 1. Ive lived in 2 separate parts of the IFSC. Still living there.

I can hear the fireworks. Haven't see too many kids around.

There are issues everywhere in Dublin with this unfortunately. I just find it a little over the top the way some people have made the IFSC out, as if its the Ballymun flats in the 70's.

Im someone that really hates these rats, so i would notice them if they were around all the time. Maybe ive been lucky and just haven't been around the same time, who knows.

Are you living in the area?

the thing with Dublin is - one street can be fine and the next one is a mess. there is just more free rein now the kids have as there's less professionals out n about. and i'd say more working people will move out of the city now as with remote working they might not even need to live there and I just see the situation will escalate for those who are still living in the area. but sure what do i know!

• Advertisement

up towards grand canal. but sure the thing with Dublin is - one street can be fine and the next one is a mess. there is just more free rein now the kids have as there's less professionals out n about. and i'd say more working people will move out of the city now as with remote working they might not even need to live there and I just see the situation will escalate for those who are still living in the area. but sure what do i know!

It will free up plenty of fancy apartments for the disadvantaged in society :rolleyes:

Stay Free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

You are obviously something that lives under a bridge that I'm not allowed call you on here. So goodnight and good luck lad.

You are obviously something that lives under a bridge that I'm not allowed call you on here. So goodnight and good luck lad.

i think you need a bit more luck than me - with that anger issue. but listen go for a walk or get some sleep it will all be better in the morning. best wishes really.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,842 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

BredonWimsey and Dominic Cobb do not post in this thread again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭crazy 88

But i must have been living for the last 12 years in a completely different IFSC to the one that has been described in this post. Not once have i felt anyway intimated or scared in the IFSC and I'm originally from the countryside.

Unless you're in some other IFSC in Dublin? You've never noticed the gangs of youths going around on bikes and walloping footballs off the front of the NCI?
    Halloween and the weeks building up to it (seems to be a longer and longer build up every year) the place sounds like a warzone with fireworks and bangers going off. I once saw a bunch of them try to blow up a bike outside Centra and the firework flew horizontal across the road and nearly hit someone. This was lunchtime which is busiest time in IFSC. It didn't bother them though doing it in broad daylight.

That's fairly common behavior for the area. There have been murders in the last few years also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,456 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

This story has come up a few times on FB, sometimes I take a look at the comments and its amazing the number of obviously well educated middle class people saying how he must have had a tough childhood and he needs help not prison etc.

Maybe its because these good folks live in wealthy areas and only mix with others from the same social standing that they have no clue what's its like for other people who can't afford to live elsewhere having to put up with scumbags like this guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

That depends on what you define as poor. When your accommodation, travel, healthcare etc is covered by the state, it means there are plenty of welfare recipients with more disposable income than many working families.

Yes but those working tax payers are not officially " vulnerable "

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

This story has come up a few times on FB, sometimes I take a look at the comments and its amazing the number of obviously well educated middle class people saying how he must have had a tough childhood and he needs help not prison etc.

Maybe its because these good folks live in wealthy areas and only mix with others from the same social standing that they have no clue what's its like for other people who can't afford to live elsewhere having to put up with scumbags like this guy.

acceptable and respectable opinion has always been a big thing in this country

hand wringing about their " upbringing " etc on social media ( and mainstream media ) is a form of respectable liberal middle class opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 28,763 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Daragh1980 wrote: »
    I condemn as many crimes as I can.
    I believe in appropriate sentencing for all types of crime, be they violent or non-violent.
    My point is about the selective outrage of The Left who only seem to care about white collar crime or if some rich guy batters someone.
    ‘As many crimes as I can’? That’s not really enough though, is it? Have you condemned child abuser Kevin Brazil?
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/criminal-court/child-abuser-is-jailed-18-years-after-he-admitted-assaults-1.4462250
    Clearly, you’re defending abuser Kevin Brazil, given your own standard; “Staying silent and not condemning the attacker is the same as defending him.”
    So why are you defending this dreadful child abuser by your silence?
    Valresnick wrote: »
    All crimes regardless of who commits them should be punished accordingly stop trying to change the issue. We know that this is not happening in Ireland across the board, people are within their rights to be outraged and angry. We have no justice in this country, look at the many examples above if you bothered to even read this thread.
    I didn’t say anything about punishment, good or bad. The post you’re responding to was about condemnation, not punishment.
    Sand wrote: »
    Given we went through a global frenzy over the death of George Floyd simply because he was a black man, whereas the Carrigaline stabbing was hushed up and dismissed, I find the above to be incredibly ironic. Violent and racially motivated crimes committed by non-whites are almost erased from the public record. Whereas a white woman objecting to a black man confronting her in a park is attacked and depersoned as a 'Karen'.

Please, just stop with the pretense that the mass hysteria is targeted against anyone except white people. We're all just waiting for the next Karen or the next white teenager uncomfortably smirking to be hyped up into a two minute hate figure by the media.
    I thought we went on a global frenzy because a police officer, those who are supposed to responsible for law and order knelt on his neck for eight minutes in public view, on camera and killed him?
    Where did you hear about the Carragaline stabbing that was hushed up, btw?
    https://duckduckgo.com/?q=carragaline+killing+cameron+blair&t=brave&ia=web
    Are you defending the lady who claimed to be threatened when asked to put her dog back on a lead, btw?
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/white-woman-fired-job-after-calling-nypd-black-man-who-n1215016
    Ireland is just way too soft on scrotes in the city center. Always the oh there deprived poor mouth excuse. build prisions arm the police and get the junkies out of the city center, close the treatment center's or move them to a controlled area (build one in pheonix park). population is getting too large now for the it will be grand attitude. lock him up never let him see daylight again. If any TD doesn't agree with building more prision's they don't actually want to fix the problem

Peter Casey by pure chance hit on this underlying resentment in the Irish public and you seen how many votes he got when he ran for president.
    You seen how many votes he got when he ran for the Dail on the same divisive platform?
    Fireworks were going off for months all around Dublin, including the very refined suburbs of south Dublin.
    Mimon wrote: »
    The lads out on the streets with 80/100 convictions is crazy. 3 strikes policy in US is too extreme but after 10th conviction I'd add an extra 5 for the craic.
    We need a 3 strikes policy or a 5 strikes policy. I'd bet this particular scumbag has multiples of that already.

Automatic 10 years for 5 convictions would sort a few of them out.
    Have any of these hard-nosed policies actually worked anywhere in the world?
    There are no end of advocates for these people and it's important to realise that social policy is discussed, debated and decided by people who for the most part live in the leafy avenues of Ranelagh, Clontarf, Ballsbridge, Donnybrook etc. Listen to any discussion on these problems on either TV and Radio and those discussing it do so in the abstract, they don't live among people like the perpetrator.
    Decades of this wisdom and the resulting social policy it has produced has failed.
    I’m not sure if you’ve heard but burglaries and muggings in Ranelagh, Clontarf, Ballsbridge, Donnybrook etc aren’t in the slightest bit unusual.
    Exactly.

So long as we continue to pay people for having kids, then we're only going to see problems grow.

Right now, you're paid child benefit for each child but also a 'Child Dependent' rate on Social Welfare claims.
    You're talking about e70 a week per child.

Then you have the fact a bigger family is prioritised for social housing.

You end up with scumbags having kids to increase their income and getting themselves a house quicker; see M.Cash putting her kids into the Guards station for evidence of how this "The poor children" approach helps with housing.

A secondary issue is that we aren't increasing our prison spaces, so scumbags are spending more of their adult life out of prison, with more opportunities for breeding.

If you're going to pay scumbags to have kids, then they're going to have large numbers, they wont raise them right, more social housing is required and the problem grows and grows instead of getting better.

But it's ok folks, our politicians are working hard on legislation such a Minimum Unit Pricing of Alcohol instead of tackling real social issues we ALL have to deal with.
    You might have missed to recent coverage of how Frank Cluskey’s introduction of the unmarried mother’s allowance was what took Ireland out of the ‘mother and baby home’ era when pregnant teenagers, many of whom were raped by older men, establishment men, were shipped off out of sight to be used as slave labour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Very true it’s easy for these middle class people to spout lines like that when they don’t have to live beside it everyday if they were shipped in next door to them I bet the tune would change in a heartbeat.

Not everybody that lives beside people like this are the same and just want quiet life it’s terrible to be beside neighbours like this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭kravmaga

There is an update on the 14 year old evil scumbag who stabbed the woman in the IFSC.

Apparently he is part of a gang in the inner city who are responsible for violent robberies in the IFSC / inner city area plus selling prescription drugs.

So said evil scumbag is known to Gardai and more than likely was recognised when CCTV was reviewed.

On remand in Oberstown , North County Dublin until court date in the Children's court in Smithfield.

Victim is still in a very serious condition in hospital, hope she pulls through.

https://www.thesun.ie/news/6453043/boy-14-stabbing-woman-neck-violent-robberies/

biggebruv wrote: »
    Very true it’s easy for these middle class people to spout lines like that when they don’t have to live beside it everyday if they were shipped in next door to them I bet the tune would change in a heartbeat.

Not everybody that lives beside people like this are the same and just want quiet life it’s terrible to be beside neighbours like this

Couple of scumbags can just ruin an area.
    Usually its intergenerational - parents don't give a f**k, kids run riot, cycle continues, and an entire area is damned

• Registered Users Posts: 23,578 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

What's the maximum sentence this one can get considering he's a child? This was an attempted murder.

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Yes but those working tax payers are not officially " vulnerable "

I've been working on a project all day. I'm tired. So, i'm going to assume you're being sarcastic and respond with a ;)

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

I would love to do a TV show in which a judge, TD and a newspaper columnist are made to live in some area like D1 or Darndale for a month. They have to get public transport and do all their shopping locally. Plus they have to spend one week day and one weekend day a week outside in a public space. You could do a before and after on their views of the neighbourhood.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

Poor lady. Probably making her way home to some humble expensive sub standard abode, after cleaning offices on minimum wage, while this effer and his parents are sponsored by me the regular tax payer.

I'd bet he is socially housed, in the inner city on a monthly rent of less than €200/300 (bearing in mind there are tens of millions of unpaid social housing rents).

I am not happy to sponsor the likes of these racial so called disadvantaged savages.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,763 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Chinasea wrote: »
    Poor lady. Probably making her way home to some humble expensive sub standard abode, after cleaning offices on minimum wage, while this effer and his parents are sponsored by me the regular tax payer.

I'd bet he is socially housed, in the inner city on a monthly rent of less than €200/300 (bearing in mind there are tens of millions of unpaid social housing rents).

I am not happy to sponsor the likes of these racial so called disadvantaged savages.

There were tens of millions of unpaid business rates too, and that was before Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I don't care about this thug's background. If you without reason stab someone in the neck then you should get charged with attempted murder and get throw in the deepest hole we can find in Mountjoy.

What's the maximum sentence this one can get considering he's a child? This was an attempted murder.

I think they are charging him with assault causing harm. The most lenient charge they can apply i'd imagine. Not sure why they give these scumbags the benefit of the doubt. Why not push for attempted murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,602 ✭✭✭Allinall

I think they are charging him with assault causing harm. The most lenient charge they can apply i'd imagine. Not sure why they give these scumbags the benefit of the doubt. Why not push for attempted murder.

I would imagine it’s because they are of the view that he wasn’t trying to murder her.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Would that be the same charge if he’d say broken her arm? I get that he probably didn’t plan on killing her - although who knows for sure - but it’s pure good fortune she didn’t die. Is there any legal distinction between assault that causes life threatening injuries and those that don’t?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Mimon

Judges also have no clue what it is like on the ground. They should have to live half the year in some of the roughest parts of Ireland as part of the job.

eviltwin wrote: »
    Would that be the same charge if he’d say broken her arm? I get that he probably didn’t plan on killing her - although who knows for sure - but it’s pure good fortune she didn’t die. Is there any legal distinction between assault that causes life threatening injuries and those that don’t?

He stabs her in the neck, extremely reckless lack of concern for life. I'm not sure what other charges are available. Assault causing harm doesn't seem to cut it.

If they can get a charge of attempted murder through they should go for it.

Have any of these hard-nosed policies actually worked anywhere in the world?

I guarantee you little scummers wouldn't have free reign in a lot of countries.

Try throwing bangers at someone in the middle of the day in Singapore.

What is happening here is not working. When you have people with over 100 convictions out walking the streets what we have is not working.

• Advertisement

Allinall wrote: »
    I would imagine it’s because they are of the view that he wasn’t trying to murder her.

You stab someone in the neck of course there is a good chance of the person dying. He was using a deadly weapon. Hopefully just an initial charge and they get the little ****er on attempted murder.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement