Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Many of us enjoyed the drama.

Must of your posts on the Pat Kenny thread were you saying Trump shouldn't be discussed on the show.

Surely if you were just enjoying the drama, you'd have wanted it to be covered even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,140 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Must of your posts on the Pat Kenny thread were you saying Trump shouldn't be discussed on the show.

Surely if you were just enjoying the drama, you'd have wanted it to be covered even more.

Are you following my posts ? It's flattering actually.

Are you following my posts ? It's flattering actually.

It was quite memorable for someone to be so insistent that Pat not highlight Trump's shortcomings so much on his current affairs show.
    It seemed bizarre at the time, the last few months here have explained it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

gizmo wrote: »
    That appears to be the aim, yes.

Here's an AP piece from when he was on the campaign trail which outlines his approach: Biden criminal justice plan reverses part of 1994 crime bill

There's considerably more details in his manifesto as per his campaign site here: The Biden Plan For Strengthening America’s Commitment To Justice

Aha see! Democrats letting criminals run a mock and destroy society yet again!

This might sound like I'm joking, but it is 100% guaranteed to be what the same falsely people bringing up the 1994 crime bill will immediately turn to if Biden works to undo that bill.

If the last four years have taught us anything, it is that these people deserve to be mocked and ignored, and not reasoned with sin r its not something they have even the vaguest interest in nor concern with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

The biggest myth is that Democrats are not left wing.
    If it's a myth then you should have no problem making an original, fact-based argument busting said myth instead of silly one-liners.
    Was this ever answered?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,278 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Was this ever answered?

you're a funny guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭Northernlily

AMKC wrote: »
    Lol what are you on about the last 12 years. Trump was only there for 4 years. The 8 years before that were good years with a great American President maybe the best one ever.

My comment wasn't a slight on Obama, moreso the decline of the Republican party when Palin got involved and got on the ticket for VP. This opened up a fringe radical element that has grown.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

I'm late to notice this Rolex 'controversy'. Have to say it's all a bit silly. I don't subscribe to the idea of him or any politicians being down to earth and relatable to the average person. But what's he supposed to do, live in poverty? You could make the same point about his car, house, clothes etc. He's entitled to spend his earnings as he wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

https://twitter.com/ananavarro/status/1352994844000591878?s=19

How will he manage to recover from these major scandals in his first week!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,576 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Impeach him now !

• Advertisement

I wonder if any of the people complaining about Biden's watch had any problems with Trump's gaudy gold apartment (never mind him fleecing the taxpayers every time he went golfing etc). I doubt it somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,450 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I wonder if any of the people complaining about Biden's watch had any problems with Trump's gaudy gold apartment (never mind him fleecing the taxpayers every time he went golfing etc). I doubt it somehow.

Sure at one stage we had someone boasting about this, saying this is what we should all aspire to be/have!

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Impeach him now !

Marjorie Taylor Greene has already started proceedings.

She won't stand for such poor performance from her President.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,980 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Janet Yellen just confirmed as the first woman Secretary of the Treasury - 84-15

• Registered Users Posts: 18,125 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Overheal wrote: »
    Janet Yellen just confirmed as the first woman Secretary of the Treasury - 84-15

The usual suspects voted against her: Ted Cruz, Josh Hawley, Rand Paul etc. At this stage I wonder what their purpose is in Congress other than to object and vote against everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,173 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Was wondering was it the same list objecting each time? The simple question any Senator should ask themselves is, do I have any good reason that I don't want this person to serve in the Cabinet?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,172 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Yeah he brought back jobs, saw Dow rise massively, extended Bushes tax cuts, used Romneys health care plan.

Like Bill and Hillary Clinton the only reason Republicans hated Obama was because he wasn't Republican.

Not disagreeing with you there - but that's Republican thinking for you. Us v Them.

Both had an easy time of it compared to people in other parts of the world.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jan/09/america-dropped-26171-bombs-2016-obama-legacy

But hey, I'm sure it was all worth it to bring them central banking and debt liberalism.

"revolution" - That's cute.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-libya-security-rights-idUSKBN1GX1JY

I did say "maybe". It's the Democrat way of thinking for you. Us v Them.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭Christy42

Wonder if we will see a return of the correspondence dinner again now that the president can take a joke or two aimed in their direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It made me laugh to see one of the complaints about his exercise bike was the fact that it was internet-connected and therefore could potentially be hacked by Russians.

Now you suddenly care about Russian interference? There could have been a Russian camera crew in the Oval office 24/7 for the last four years and Trump supporters would still have denied there was anything strange was going on.

seamus wrote: »
    It made me laugh to see one of the complaints about his exercise bike was the fact that it was internet-connected and therefore could potentially be hacked by Russians.

Now you suddenly care about Russian interference? There could have been a Russian camera crew in the Oval office 24/7 for the last four years and Trump supporters would still have denied there was anything strange was going on.

But Trumps phone which was obviously Internet connected (twitter anyone?) Was ok :D

• Advertisement

I see 900,000 people filed for unemployment in Trump's final week in office. One last piece of #winning before he left.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,189 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

But Trumps phone which was obviously Internet connected (twitter anyone?) Was ok :D

And hacked too by that Dutch guy

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

Criticism of Biden’s Covid relief plan says it breaks promise of $2000 stimulus checks. -CNBC

Apparently instead of sending out a $2,000 cheque as promised they are sending $1400 and saying that combined with a previous $600 payment already sent, makes up the $2000 that was promised. Not a lot of money to us maybe but to people who have received next to no government support it very well could be. Drawing criticism from Aoc even. For what that's worth.

"..their election will put an end to that block in Washington of that 2,000 dollar stimulus cheque, that money that will go out the door immediately to people who are in real trouble.."

I've been very glad I live here, not there, since the pandemic started.

SexBobomb wrote: »
    Criticism of Biden’s Covid relief plan says it breaks promise of $2000 stimulus checks. -CNBC

Apparently instead of sending out a $2,000 cheque as promised they are sending $1400 and saying that combined with a previous $600 payment already sent, makes up the $2000 that was promised. Not a lot of money to us maybe but to people who have received next to no government support it very well could be. Drawing criticism from Aoc even. For what that's worth.

"..their election will put an end to that block in Washington of that 2,000 dollar stimulus cheque, that money that will go out the door immediately to people who are in real trouble.."

I've been very glad I live here, not there, since the pandemic started.

$1,400 + $600 = $2,000. You're welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,173 ✭✭✭✭Water John

They expect it will be March before the stimulus package is agreed and cheques sent out. A sop to the GOP is that only those in need will get the cheques.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

I hope Biden, at the earliest opportunity, wears a tan suit expressly to troll the talking heads.

valoren wrote: »
    I hope Biden at the earliest opportunity wears a tan suit expressly to troll the talking heads.

While saluting a marine with coffee in one hand and a burger with dijon mustard in the other.

Tucker Carlsons head would explode on live TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,278 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

While saluting a marine with coffee in one hand and a burger with dijon mustard in the other.

Tucker Carlsons head would explode on live TV.

That's a trick I would pay to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,980 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I really want him to show up to the WHCA dinner in a tan suit. Set up the petition at change.org and I will sign it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

namloc1980 wrote: »
    $1,400 + $600 = $2,000. You're welcome.

$600 + $2000 =$2600 was what was expected, not playing shell games with people during a pandemic.

Advertisement