Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,135 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

"if Trump said this he'd be called a rude person who doesn't show respect. But when it's Biden, it's just a "gaffe"

Trump said much worse and never apologized.

Learn to differentiate. It's an essential life skill.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Oh but when Trump said a reporter wasn't good at his job it was a despicable show of disrespect according to the media.

Joey calls one of them a son of a bitch and it's just a gaffe!

Joe: "I'll fire any one of you on the spot if I see you disrespect anyone!

Also Joe about a journalist: "Son of a bitch!"

It's so obvious the treatment of the two is not the same.

Not sure what apologising has got to do with it. That's like Paul Gogarty saying "fcuk you Deputy Stagg" and then immediately saying sorry. You can't just apologise and pretend like it's ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Unlike the former guy, it's not a pattern of behaviour for Biden to be rude and disrespectful. Also, unlike the former guy, he's capable of admitting when he fücked up and has the balls to apologise. Spot the difference? Why are you complaining anyway? You're a Trump fan, don't you admire rudeness and disrespect?

Yeah Trump stands by what he says. He's not hiding behind a facade.

Joe isn't allowed out to answer questions as much as Trump was. Trump gave multi hour press conferences every day during covid in 2020. Joe is rushed out the back when he's finished reading his script.

He doesn't disrespect people?

In the past year or so, Joe has had to come out and say he will respect womens personal space going forward and said "if you don't vote for me, you ain't black!"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Actually he called the media the enemy of the people and demonised them openly and regularly.

Pipe bombs were also sent to cnn.

I like angry and honest joe.

More of this please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,577 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

He shouldn't have said it and apologising was the right thing to to. But what difference will it make really. The impression I get is that politics there is so incredibly polarised that there's next to nothing a politician could say that would lose them their base.

There'd be some contorted 'Well yes it was wrong but actually no not really' from one side and some cheap point-scoring from the other side and then a few days later somebody else from the other party will say something stupid and they go through the exact same motions again, except playing the opposite roles this time.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Doocy isn't a "journalist" , he asks generally stupid questions (or just makes statements of the bloody obvious) to try to create Social Media clips for the re-tweets.

He's not alone in this , they all do it especially in the White House Press corps , but most of the others at least try to mix it up by asking real questions from time to time as well.

We're back to Joe not talking enough now? Sheesh, it's hard to keep up.

People bemoaned the fact that there are aren't any memes anymore since trump left.

I have one now I might use fairly regularly...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,137 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Obviously this will lead to questions about his conduct with his staff in private.

Does aul Joe have a little bit of a temper?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,137 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Except Doocy wasn’t asking because of the concerns of American people. He specifically asked if it was a liability politically.

Stupid question, as he has asked multiple times throughout the last year and usually gets slammed down by Psaki.

He got his bite though. That’s all he needs.

Multi hour press conferences in which he lied repeatedly, talked utter shite and recommended drinking bleach and other helpful advice 😂 His press conferences were a joke and he was a laughing stock to everyone apart from his dumb supporters.

Let’s also ignore the fact that Trump’s press conferences were only because he was so bored that he had to entertain himself in some way, shape or form.

It was all one big ego massage where he’d talk about how great he is. There was nothing of any substance from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Well it just makes it even more obvious as to why his handlers are so reluctant to put him in front of a microphone.

Trump did not recommend anyone to drink bleach. Stop lying.

You're right, it was injecting it. That's much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,452 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

It was a stupid question, it's obvious that run away inflation is a major political headache for the Biden administration.

Joe's response humanizes him, makes him more relatable.

He didn't recommend anyone drink bleach or get injected with it. Stop making up lies.

Idiot: "And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that."

Unfortunately, his dumb supporters took that as a recommendation.

"What’s key is what happened in the weeks that followed Trump’s controversial and widely debunked comments—and there does appear to have been a rise in accidental poisonings thereafter.

In January, February and March of 2020, accidental poisonings with household disinfectants were up 5%, 17% and 93% respectively over the same months in 2019. In April, which includes an eight day period from the 23rd of the month to the 30th, following Trump’s comments, the increase was 121% compared to April of 2019. In the first ten days of May, things settled down some, with poisonings up 69% over the same 10-day period in 2019."

https://time.com/5835244/accidental-poisonings-trump/

"And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning? 

"So it'd be interesting to check that."

Pointing to his head, Mr Trump went on: "I'm not a doctor. But I'm, like, a person that has a good you-know-what."

Ok, he didn’t say bleach. He said disinfectant and then pointed to his head and said he had good ‘you-know-what’.

Why are you downplaying this and getting offended by doing so? You know what he said, and no matter how much you try to dress it up and deflect it was still one of the dumbest things any human has said, never mind a US President.

• Advertisement

Ok, you've given the quote.

Let's forget that you said bleach and not disinfectant because that's not the important bit.

I want you to specifically pinpoint his quote where he recommended people to be injected with bleach or disinfectant?

Words are important. 🧐

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Everybody was thinking of running over a reporter?

He suggested they look into injecting disinfectant because he has a lot of you-know-what.

Stop being disingenuous for once in your life. He said something that was so stupid even for him.

As you said, ‘words are important’. He sowed the seeds and like what was pointed out to you, people started to do it.

Funny how words are important on an Internet forum and not when a US President suggests injecting disinfectant could be a solution to the point that some of his vulnerable base responded to.

Words are important when it suits you, I guess.

Are you trying to engage in actual debate, or are you just trying to take the p1ss?

"With Biden in the driver's seat, a reporter asked the president if he would take a quick question about Israel, which has been engaged in more than week of airstrikes with Hamas.

"No, you can’t. Not unless you get in front of the car as I step on it," Biden said, prompting a few laughters from reporters. "I’m only teasing."

You see that? Laughter from the reporters. It was a joke.

Now either dig up something substantive to back up your point or quit making silly statements. You're starting to sound like Doocy.

Yes he suggested MAYBE that they could look disinfectant being used.

Still waiting for the quote where he's recommending people to be injected though.

When Omicron data came out and was said "may be less dangerous", did Tony Holohan take that as a recommendation to remove all restrictions in November?

You people seem to think words like "may, possible, could" mean recommend.

Why did the makers of disinfectants put a warning not to drink bleach so?

The makers of washing machine capsules have started running ads advising them on safety of them. Did Leo Varadkar recommend kids to eat them?

That’s it.

Distract to something else completely irrelevant.

You wouldn't understand because you're not a critical thinker.

Imagine 100 years ago someone came along and said "maybe they could look into some kind of implant to keep arteries open". People like you would have been like "omg stupidest thing ever, how could it even be looked into!"

Or imagine 50 years ago said "maybe we could look at maybe putting a camera inside someone to see inside someones body"

I could go on and on.

If you don't think that scientists looked into every single possible cure or medicine for covid, then you are naive.

• Advertisement

"You people are crazy and dangerous"

Coming from a Trump supporter 😂

Advertisement