Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow watch until Sunday 24th (N,W,SW most at risk)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Proper heavy snow here now and starting to settle but I can safely say that won't be the case!

This evening looks fairly OK for Donegal, particularly high ground, but you never know.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Decent covering from shower in Wexford and Waterford.

https://twitter.com/CarlowWeather/status/1352563274181701632?s=20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

When your too far North of about 30KM and too Far south by the same distance of the last few snow falls... :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

Temperatures have been dropping here as the morning has went on. The showers were keeping the humidity up.

Now 1.5c

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Speak Now wrote: »
    Not a manned report so. I know a guy works there, must ask him if theres any human input anymore.

They issued a Special metar at 10:11 reporting moderate snow (SN). Before it was rain, though.
    SAIE99 EIWF 221030
    METAR EIWF 221030Z 34005KT 310V010 9999 FEW018 00/00 Q0993 RESN R03/2/////=

SAIE99 EIWF 221011
    SPECI EIWF 221011Z 33005KT 300V360 3000N SN BKN012 00/M00 Q0993 R03/2/////=

SAIE99 EIWF 221000
    METAR EIWF 221000Z 33004KT 9999 FEW014 BKN018 M00/M01 Q0993 RERA R03/2/////=

SAIE99 EIWF 220930
    METAR EIWF 220930Z 35004KT 310V030 9999 RA SCT012 BKN019 M00/M00 Q0993 R03/2/////=

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Fuzzyduzzy

We had snow in Wexford this morning

Again, this site is extremely accurate for snow predicting in marginal situations. I find that the precipitation usually turns to snow around the 60-70% mark (if there is no warm layer).

http://www.sciencebits.com/SnowProbCalc?calc=yes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Fuzzyduzzy wrote: »
    We had snow in Wexford this morning

Snowing heavy in Wexford town at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

They issued a Special metar at 10:11 reporting moderate snow (SN). Before it was rain, though.

I'd say pretty much auto but in a rain snow situation they edit it or send out a SPECIAL

Would love to go a hike but it is a very wet cold, bitter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,533 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Yeah looks like there was no human input before they made the 10:11 entry.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

I'd say pretty much auto but in a rain snow situation they edit it or send out a SPECIAL

Automated reports have the AUTO marker on them. The airport is right on the coast so maybe it was rain there for a while, unless there people here who were actually at the airport. In any case, it matters not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Rain in North kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭pauldry

Snowing now in South Sligo

• Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

snowing not settling in donegal town at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭littlema

Big fat flakes
    S Sligo 150asl

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

pauldry wrote: »
    Snowing now in South Sligo

Good vis here today as have a good view of that shower from here in Galway, and can even see another behind it!

New Moon

This is a perfect day above 300 metres. Just constant snow showers and <0c. I am sure it is piling up there quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Reversal

Nqp15hhu wrote: »
    This is a perfect day above 300 metres. Just constant snow showers and <0c. I am sure it is piling up there quickly.

And elsewhere around the island it's snowing at 0 metres. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Was just outside. Some snow at 335m.
    North kerry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Donegal Ken

I would imagine we will see a Status Yellow Snow/ice warning for the the northwest and north Connacht issued shortly for tonight and Saturday morning. Donegal, Sligo, Leitrim, Mayo and Roscommon. Warnings already issued for Northern Ireland. Small possible chance Cavan and Monaghan may see a warning for tonight also.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Reversal

I would imagine we will see a Status Yellow Snow/ice warning for the the northwest and north Connacht issued shortly for tonight and Saturday morning. Donegal, Sligo, Leitrim, Mayo and Roscommon. Warnings already issued for Northern Ireland.

Orange maybe even for Donegal?

Reversal wrote: »

No can't see a orange warning been issued to be honest. Not for tonight and Saturday morning anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

This morning's snow in Wexford

Snowline is 600 feet with dry snow above that. Snow is lying readily at 700 feet.

https://streamable.com/ozninl

Reversal wrote: »

Looking at harmonie, Sunday morning could be borderline orange in parts of Leinster East munster and cavan monaghan

Automated reports have the AUTO marker on them. The airport is right on the coast so maybe it was rain there for a while, unless there people here who were actually at the airport. In any case, it matters not.

Yeah my report of snow came from the airport.

This morning's snow in Wexford

Quite a decent fall, you must have some elevation yeah?

Yellow- Snow and Ice Warning for Antrim, Armagh, Down, Fermanagh, Tyrone, Derry

UK Met Office Weather Warning (www.metoffice.gov.uk)

Snow and ice may cause travel disruption tonight and early Saturday.

Showers will continue at times across many areas. These will bring a cover of snow in places. 1-3 cm could accumulate at low levels, mostly across Northern Ireland, Scotland and northern England but as much as 5-10 cm of additional snow may accumulate at higher levels of these areas. Clear skies between showers will also bring the threat of ice.

Valid: 16:00 Friday 22/01/2021 to 10:30 Saturday 23/01/2021

Issued: 11:01 Friday 22/01/2021

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭bazlers

Away from this for a couple of days. Whats counties likely to see snow saturday night? met eireann just say band of sleet and snow pushing eastwards. Cheers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement