Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currys and Brexit

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Skipper12

Skipper12 wrote: »
    so I got one half of the delivery this morning delivered by DPD without paying any additional taxes.

I then received a text message saying that the outstanding delivery will take place on or before the 29th January.

It was only a kettle and toaster but just to let others know that are waiting on items.

They also sent me a 10% off voucher for my next purchase.

Finally received the kettle now too, it arrived on Saturday just to let everyone know that may be waiting on items. There were no emails or texts relating to this delivery at all and I thought it had been forgotten about/lost in the system.

I didn't pay any additional taxes and I ignored all of the emails and texts.

Hope this helps others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

Skipper12 wrote: »
    Finally received the kettle now too, it arrived on Saturday just to let everyone know that may be waiting on items. There were no emails or texts relating to this delivery at all and I thought it had been forgotten about/lost in the system.

I didn't pay any additional taxes and I ignored all of the emails and texts.

Hope this helps others.

After talking to DPD about my parcel - sadly they lost mine altogether so see what happens there - they did specify that deliverys from Currys were going to take a minimum of 10 to 14 days (did not specify if these are working days)

So could be up to 3 weeks - unless they have a real deal or your in no rush prob best avoid them for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Received an e-mail to say that i will be refunded ( was sent back by DPD a few weeks ago)

Getting through to a UK support person was key. The other support people were absolutely no help.

Just going to order the Versa 3 from Amazon Spain or Germany.

Even though i have that voucher, i really do not care to go through to the hassle with chasing their customer support if issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

So I ordered a TV on the 1st of January and after going around the houses for awhile it was sent back to CurrysPCW by DPD on the 11th of January
    Radio silence for about a week until I eventually contacted CurrysPCW on Twitter and give them grief
    Received the refund email and €30 voucher asking me to re-order as my first order will be cancelled and refunded

I re-ordered the TV on the 24th and it arrived without issue via DPD on the 28th very good prompt service no problems whatsoever
    However the original TV and order was still stuck in limbo
    I got an email this morning to say refund is being processed and the TV has been returned to CurrysPCW

So they can actually do a proper delivery as can be seen from the four day turnaround they did for me at the second attempt

I think it was a perfect storm when Brexit kicked in DPD were swamped and Currys had not set up their logistics properly

I would think that they should get it sorted from here on in even if stuff does have to come in from the UK which is not ideal

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭eprndrgst

I ordered 2 items 01.01.21.
    Same as everyone here tried calling no answer.
    Eventually was told I’d be getting a refund. I got refund of the first item yesterday and still waiting for the refund for the second item. Tried calling them. Anyone else experienced this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭TedR

More of the same I'm afraid
    Only a small purchase, a printer cartridge, but decided to buy online due to lockdown etc
    Ordered 11 Jan.
    Nothing since.
    As previous posters have said, the email customer service address doesnt respond, or even acknowledge any approaches
    The phone helpline is a masterclass in how to be sent in circles before disappearing up your own hoop
    I thought I was buying from an Irish premises, my fault I guess for not investigating properly
    What a frustrating transaction and company though, I could accept some delays due to Brexit mess etc, but why cant they answer a call or a mail, its not that hard

TedR wrote: »
    More of the same I'm afraid
    Only a small purchase, a printer cartridge, but decided to buy online due to lockdown etc
    Ordered 11 Jan.
    Nothing since.
    As previous posters have said, the email customer service address doesnt respond, or even acknowledge any approaches
    The phone helpline is a masterclass in how to be sent in circles before disappearing up your own hoop
    I thought I was buying from an Irish premises, my fault I guess for not investigating properly
    What a frustrating transaction and company though, I could accept some delays due to Brexit mess etc, but why cant they answer a call or a mail, its not that hard

I posted a number further back that got me through.

But beware, the first person is just to redirect - every time I don't specifically say "you better not cut me off again on this transfer", they cut me off haha.

Worth a shot if you've got 50 mins free haha.

It truly is a masterpiece of non customer service.

ill try that 1890 number tomorrow, thanks, I have the time for the holding :-)
    As others have said earlier though, its a swiz to use the .ie suffix, given Brexit in particular, I certainly didnt realise I was shopping from across the Irish sea
    Even that said, I have made a few experimental post brexit purchases from other UK companies, and they've all been well prepared bar one maybe

Glad I held off on buying a firestick from them after reading all these comments

Glad I held off on buying a firestick from them after reading all these comments

I'd say get the new chromecast from playstore altogether.

Avoid em like the plague. Currys.ie is not curry's ireland after all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Staplor

So I was one of the folks who paid the money to DPD and received my order. I've had a couple of SMS messages saying they'd refund me. No response to the emails I've sent to customer service, I rang them yesterday, the person I was talking to said they'd request the refund again.

Happy coincidence I am sure, but regarding order for the printer cartridge a couple of posts back, after a month of nothing I got two emails from PcW today..

First one acknowledging my return of the product... (eh, I didnt return it, I never got it :-)
    Second one says
    "We will process and review your individual case. We will send you an email with an update on the status of your request".. I didnt make any requests, apart from asking for updates/status of order :-)

Anyway, progress of a sort I suppose
    Hopefully a refund on the way after my 'case review' ( I feel like I am in front of the parole board :-)

Its all pretty much a first world problem, I know, and a small amount of money in this case; I dont really mind companies struggling with the Brexit mess a bit, it is to be expected. Its the customer service, or lack of it, that gets me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

Got my laptop sorted eventually by Currys, after endless calls. Package arrived last Saturday.... a coffee maker arrived. With someone else's name and address partially covered by a new sticker for me. Found a DPD number that worked Monday - Friday. Was promised a calll back wiithin the hour. So after a few calls a day, on Wednesday I got a little bit rude. Anyway a nice lady took the details from my coffee maker sticker and rang the guy, who had my laptop. He had also been trying to ring DPD to swap it for a coffee maker. Nice lady put it altogether, a van took the coffee maker yesterday and the same guy arrived today with my laptop, with a big sticker with my details scrawled in a sharpie across it (no scanning that). So after an epic lasting almost a month I finally have my laptop, with a €20 refund and also delivery charges removed, and no duties. Not sure whether Curry's will ever get back in my good books. Some sympathy for DPD, clearly their systems were ill equipped to deal with thousands of mis-labelled and/or returned goods.

Phew

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

I would suggest sending a message to @curryspcworld on Twitter - that's what I did and was then contacted by @TeamKnowhowUK who appear to have resolved my query once I threatened to contact my bank about a refund.

TedR wrote: »
    Happy coincidence I am sure, but regarding order for the printer cartridge a couple of posts back, after a month of nothing I got two emails from PcW today..

First one acknowledging my return of the product... (eh, I didnt return it, I never got it :-)
    Second one says
    "We will process and review your individual case. We will send you an email with an update on the status of your request".. I didnt make any requests, apart from asking for updates/status of order :-)

Anyway, progress of a sort I suppose
    Hopefully a refund on the way after my 'case review' ( I feel like I am in front of the parole board :-)

Its all pretty much a first world problem, I know, and a small amount of money in this case; I dont really mind companies struggling with the Brexit mess a bit, it is to be expected. Its the customer service, or lack of it, that gets me

It's grand when it's small - just a few chromecasts for me. But I did read plenty of people saying 4 grand tellys etc. Are a no show.

Finished with curry's now. Never again.

Have even ordered a chromecast from playstore - let's face it no hope the ones curry's put omised 5 day delivery on will arrive any time soon.

Crap company acting the maggot.

So the farce continues - call after call

Only to be cut off before they tell anything relevant time and time again.

Think I will see if dpd have any news for me - truly currys are equal to eir with regards to utter lack of care for the customer.

What an utterly useless company (Rant over haha)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭KAGY

Just off the phone with Currys customer service. They rang me on the back of a email a few weeks ago looking for my iban number so they could refund me within five working days.
    hang in there

KAGY wrote: »
    Just off the phone with Currys customer service. They rang me on the back of a email a few weeks ago looking for my iban number so they could refund me within five working days.
    hang in there

Just been on the phone myself - so despite calling last week.

They have not completed any of the agreed action - requests dpd to locate and confirm it s lost.

So nothing was progressed. Another week wasted. Shambles

I had to demand they process an official complaint about their handling of this, something tells me my convo is as far as that complaint has gone.

Keeping the fingers crossed. Glad they got your sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭helpful

I ordered from Curry’s on January 8th- nothing major just ink and got an email a few days later to say it had been dispatched. January 22nd got an email to say my replacement had been dispatched which I found odd as I hadn’t contacted them or they me. I thought it was taking a long time but presumed brexit etc. Last Tuesday I messaged their Facebook which they were quick to reply to initially until I told them my issue. Then no reply. On Friday I got an email to say my order had been cancelled upon my request. I rang the number and boy oh boy it must be one of the worst services going. Literally around in circles screaming answers into the phone. When I eventually got through the poor man on the other end hadn’t a clue what I was taking about and put me on hold twice before just hanging up.
    I ordered from an Irish ink store and received my ink on Tuesday along with a few free pens and for a cheaper shipping cost. Great service which I will be using again. Curry’s will never be used in my house again. I was shocked to see the reviews online and just presumed they’d be the best service.

I was eventually refunded the cost of my missing ink cartridge today earlier too.

At no point did I get to speak to anyone at Currys, or even get a specific email reply to my pleas for some, or any status on the order ..

But the cost went back into my account finally, one month to the day after the order was confirmed. So thats the end of that. Goodness forbid I had ordered something substantial or urgent.

The reviews are true folks.. awful company. I will actually avoid even their bricks and mortar premises when they reopen, in case I find myself needing to deal with their customer service again for any reason. Jokers. And their ".ie" suffix is a scandal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭padyjoe

Email on the 1st, that money would be with me in 5 working days. I had twit them today as there is nothing. Order was placed on the 2nd Jan.
    The auto messages bear no relation to the actual processes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

TedR wrote:
    The reviews are true folks.. awful company. I will actually avoid even their bricks and mortar premises when they reopen, in case I find myself needing to deal with their customer service again for any reason. Jokers. And their ".ie" suffix is a scandal.

Currys were awful to deal with before covid in my experience especially if you had a problem. Their customer service weren't setup or couldn't understand that Ireland was a separate country to the UK. I can imagine Brexit has only amplified that.

1890 828 575

Call, inform them not to cut you off as has happened before (no joke, if I don't demand not to be cut off I get cut off haha. 6 times is more than coincidence.)

Make an official complaint about their customer care process. Request they inform you when complaint is filed.

2 days and your order will be sorted or refunded.

No mention of complaint but order sorted at least.

Seems to have worked for me. With curry's it seems nuclear is the only way to go.

Awful company.

Yes, I think I was lucky that anything I bought previously from the shops themselves didnt require a trip through their customer service for any reason. I wouldnt risk it now. The very idea of being beholden to them for help with a faulty laptop, or something similar, gives me The Fear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

I see they haven't improved at all. I bought a washing from them 6 or 7 years ago. They were to deliver a couple days later and collect the one we were replacing. Sales rep put note on order to call an hour before arrival and gave an arrival time for "afternoon". I was happy because the old machine was still in use and I needed a a few minutes notice to disconnect it and have the machine ready for removal.

They arrived in the late morning, no call to warn and dropped the new machine to the front door. Told the OH they couldn't take the old machine because it was supposed to be left outside. Absolute lies. The only requirement was that it would be disconnected and unplugged and I confirmed this with the rep and with KnowHow support when I rang to ask what should be done before an old appliance is to be collected by their drivers.

To cut a long story short, they were terrible to deal with. Rude, clueless and unwilling to do a thing. The sales rep was mortified when I rang the store for help, but I could tell it wasn't uncommon. I shared my story on about a dozen consumer forums and social media platforms over a couple of hours. I was still busy sharing when KnowHow management called me about the posts and asked me to take them down. I agreed to stop posting if they collected the old machine which they did later that day :pac:

Stay Free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Scratchly

There should be a sticky in the forum to warn people from buying from this crowd.

Just got an email about finally getting a refund on a defective item that was returned on 3rd December.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Staplor

So I just got an email with a €30 voucher.

What can I get for exactly €30???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,831 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Staplor wrote: »

I got that yesterday and that was my first reaction. You can filter the stock selection by price.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Scratchly

Staplor wrote: »

More hardship

• Advertisement

Finally got my devices.

No other contact so guess that's me and curry's done for good.

Advertisement