Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currys and Brexit

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭sligopaul

Has anyone on here actually had to pay customs duty on any items ordered from the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

Tried to log into my account to see an update on my order ...my account now doesn't exist

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Username here

Tried to log into my account to see an update on my order ...my account now doesn't exist

I had the same experience on mobile earlier, but when I checked on my desktop, I could log on. Just checked and I can access via mobile and desktop at the moment....

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

I had the same experience on mobile earlier, but when I checked on my desktop, I could log on. Just checked and I can access via mobile and desktop at the moment....

I'm regretting for being so patient with them at the start

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Same thing happened to me.

I phoned them up. The customer care rep, put me on hold for 10 minutes and then i was transferred to the UK.

Luckily this did occur, as a lovely English chap was able to help me with the order that was sent back by DPD, and he escalated it for me.

I can now log back in (was just an intermittent issue), but seemingly an issue for some

https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/currys-login-issues-3492056?page=2#thread-comments

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭pjproby

moonboy52 wrote: »
    Same thing happened to me.

I phoned them up. The customer care rep, put me on hold for 10 minutes and then i was transferred to the UK.

Luckily this did occur, as a lovely English chap was able to help me with the order that was sent back by DPD, and he escalated it for me.

I can now log back in (was just an intermittent issue), but seemingly an issue for some

https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/currys-login-issues-3492056?page=2#thread-comments
    How are managing to telephone them-I just seem to be inn a continuous loop and getting nowhere

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭moonboy52

pjproby wrote: »
    How are managing to telephone them-I just seem to be inn a continuous loop and getting nowhere

Say other query, then other query again and then press 1 or 2, whether it is a store or online purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭pjproby

moonboy52

Thanks finally got through to them. Much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

Someone in our house ordered from Currys beginning of January, first tracking info on 7th to say entered DPD UK network.

Ignored the three requests for vat payments from DPD as per the info posted earlier on this thread, and item arrived yesterday, the 29th.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

Here's my experience so far.

Placed two orders on January 3rd through Currys.ie which I assumed would be shipped from Ireland - received order acknowledgements for both orders and also received an email saying both orders were being processed. I was charged for both.

4th of Jan - got an email saying one of the orders was on the way.

6th of Jan - received a text saying there was a delay with my order. The text doesn't reference the order number so not sure which order is delayed.

8th of Jan - another text about a delay and was told my order would be with me by the 18th.

10th of Jan - email asking me for feedback.

13th of Jan - email reminder asking for feedback.

22nd of Jan - email apologising for having to cancel my order and a link to the €30 voucher. The email doesn't quote the order number so not sure which order has been cancelled. I assume it's the one which was never dispatched rather than the one which hasn't arrived yet.

28th Jan - no further emails or texts so I email customer.services@currys.ie asking which order the cancellation email refers to. Have yet to receive a reply or a refund or either order.

31st Jan -Two emails asking me would I recommend the products I ordered on the 3rd. One further email advising they have received the item I returned. Not sure how I managed to return something I never received and then another email advising my request to return my order is being reviewed.

I sent a second email to customer.services@currys.ie advising that I haven't returned anything - no response.

Four weeks later and I haven't received either order, have yet to receive any refund(s) and no replies to either of my emails. I see on another thread that ringing them is also a waste of time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Scratchly

Don't order from these crooks is the best way to avoid these issues. I'm currently trying to get a charge back on goods ordered last November. The stuff was defective and after arranging to send it back they've just flat out ignored me.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Gemma1982

nc6000 wrote: »

Placed two orders on January 3rd through Currys.ie which I assumed would be shipped from Ireland - received order acknowledgements for both orders and also received an email saying both orders were being processed. I was charged for both.

4th of Jan - got an email saying one of the orders was on the way.

6th of Jan - received a text saying there was a delay with my order. The text doesn't reference the order number so not sure which order is delayed.

8th of Jan - another text about a delay and was told my order would be with me by the 18th.

10th of Jan - email asking me for feedback.

13th of Jan - email reminder asking for feedback.

22nd of Jan - email apologising for having to cancel my order and a link to the €30 voucher. The email doesn't quote the order number so not sure which order has been cancelled. I assume it's the one which was never dispatched rather than the one which hasn't arrived yet.

28th Jan - no further emails or texts so I email customer.services@currys.ie asking which order the cancellation email refers to. Have yet to receive a reply or a refund or either order.

31st Jan -Two emails asking me would I recommend the products I ordered on the 3rd. One further email advising they have received the item I returned. Not sure how I managed to return something I never received and then another email advising my request to return my order is being reviewed.

I sent a second email to customer.services@currys.ie advising that I haven't returned anything - no response.

Four weeks later and I haven't received either order, have yet to receive any refund(s) and no replies to either of my emails. I see on another thread that ringing them is also a waste of time.

Exact same position here having placed two orders with them in early January. Like you I was charged for both but it looks like one was never dispatched and I don’t know which one was dispatched. Still haven’t received either order or any refund or even an acknowledgment of my emails. Aaaahgghhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

I am 2 weeks waiting on a €4k television from Curry's and got a text from "Team Knowhow" that it would be here tomorrow between 14:30 and 18:30. The delivery reference in their email is a hyperlink to DHL express who claim there is "no result for your query".

I don't know whether to have hope or not.

Have received no text/email looking for customs duty etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

I see that my chromecasts ordered from curry's have been sat in dpd for a week or more on athlone.

Hope they send them out and there is no issue. Seems odd for dpd to sit on them

Went to go on the curry's ireland website tonight and not able to load it.

Anyone notice this?

So I have seen many issues online with curry's orders, sadly only after placing my own.

Ordered 2 chromecasts, picked curry's for 5 day delivery instead of playstore (some mistake haha). Took a week to ship and now stuck in dpd athlone for 10 days.

Went to go on their Irish site in hope of contact info but it won't even load for me. All other sites are.

Have they taken the site down? I see they are being destroyed on trust pilot - down to 1 star now.

I suppose my devices are cheap so not too bad, can only imagine having spent 4k on a telly.

Anyone have a clue what's going on or how they can knowingly mislead with regards to delivery dates?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭orm0nd

So I have seen many issues online with curry's orders, sadly only after placing my own.

Ordered 2 chromecasts, picked curry's for 5 day delivery instead of playstore (some mistake haha). Took a week to ship and now stuck in dpd athlone for 10 days.

Went to go on their Irish site in hope of contact info but it won't even load for me. All other sites are.

Have they taken the site down? I see they are being destroyed on trust pilot - down to 1 star now.

I suppose my devices are cheap so not too bad, can only imagine having spent 4k on a telly.

Anyone have a clue what's going on or how they can knowingly mislead with regards to delivery dates?

Ordered a month ago no delivery or refund. The biggest shower of liars. I have ever met.

Was getting up dates on delivery and later on refund. Neither of these promised were honoured.

orm0nd wrote: »
    Ordered a month ago no delivery or refund. The biggest shower of liars. I have ever met.

Was getting up dates on delivery and later on refund. Neither of these promised were honoured.

In fairness mine is showing on dpd as in their athlone centre. Why its sat so long I don't know.

I am now in an odd situation where I can only access the currys.ie site if I use incognito browser window.

Read on trust pilot they are blocking the accounts of people with outstanding orders. No idea if that's why.

Some shower, wonder if we can demand in store support? Anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Dante

I had no issues with my delivery which was shipped from the UK warehouse last week. It was in Athlone for a couple of days before it was delivered. Was pretty nervous that I would be hit with additional charges. Took about 10 days from ordering to delivery.

I had no issues with my delivery which was shipped from the UK warehouse last week. It was in Athlone for a couple of days before it was delivered. Was pretty nervous that I would be hit with additional charges. Took about 10 days from ordering to delivery.

Hoping mine is the same, not sure what my issue is accessing the curry's site but had me worried for a bit.

Maybe it's just dpd being under pressure.

Thanks for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭padyjoe

nc6000 wrote: »

Placed two orders on January 3rd through Currys.ie

In the same boots but 1 order only. I have not bothered to contact them. I had trouble with them claiming a camera cashback and they haven't got better. :-(
    I'm not sure what to do: I like the item but 30 quid dearer now. I just don't want to pay €x+30 again, as they would owe me €2x+30 with no product yet and waiting on the reimbursement of the first order.

• Advertisement

So to follow up on my issue.

I managed to speak to dpd today - who seem to have lost my package.

They say no much they can do as it originally comes from dpd uk and thus they are not responsible and won't even be informed if its found haha.

So they tell me I must contact currys and get them to work with dpd.

But alas currys are not very contactable at the moment, as currys ireland numbers send me to the UK where they get confused by my order number.

Its like a freaking roundabout with no exit......

So seems dpd ireland lost the order in ireland but as it was shipped from dpd uk they are washing their hands of it.

So now they have submitted to dpd uk a request to locate a parcel in dpd ireland - seems common sense is gone here.

Now currys stores i have gone to tell me they are not involved with currys.ie online orders, currys.ie online say its shipped from currys uk and currys uk dont seem to be able to find my order on their system - sure its on the irish system so no shoock.

What the hell do i do?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

So to follow up on my issue.

I managed to speak to dpd today - who seem to have lost my package.

They say no much they can do as it originally comes from dpd uk and thus they are not responsible and won't even be informed if its found haha.

So they tell me I must contact currys and get them to work with dpd.

But alas currys are not very contactable at the moment, as currys ireland numbers send me to the UK where they get confused by my order number.

Its like a freaking roundabout with no exit......

I'd be inclined to believe your issue is with Currys not DPD, you paid Currys for an order and delivery of same and it is their responsibility to ensure your order is delivered.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Timfy

I'd be inclined to believe your issue is with Currys not DPD, you paid Currys for an order and delivery of same and it is their responsibility to ensure your order is delivered.

I would agree that Curry's should be doing the leg work on this.
    DPD Ireland and DPD UK are separate entities using different tracking systems. DPD Ireland will only be able to assist once they have taken delivery. If it's gone walkabouts on the UK side, you will have to deal with DPD UK (Good Luck!!!)

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message, however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Timfy wrote: »
    I would agree that Curry's should be doing the leg work on this.
    DPD Ireland and DPD UK are separate entities using different tracking systems. DPD Ireland will only be able to assist once they have taken delivery. If it's gone walkabouts on the UK side, you will have to deal with DPD UK (Good Luck!!!)

Dpd Ireland did take delivery - just seems they have a handy excuse for not really bothering with call backs.

Used the following Nunber and actually got to speak to a person in currys customer care UK who has been helpful (well trying)

1890 818 575 (DO NOT USE 1890 400 001).

Its messy as currys uk have to ask dpd uk to locate even thoug i ordered on currys.ie and dpd ireland lost it.

Thats me finished as a Currys customer - never again.

orm0nd wrote: »

Use this number - you have a 20 minute wait but actually get through to a human in customer care.

1890 818 575

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭harmless

Unfortunately this is the reality of ordering from many UK company's post Brexit. They made no preparations for the change in trade agreements.
    Best to stay within the EU single market although I understand that could be difficult when looking for a device with a UK style keyboard layout.

harmless wrote: »
    Unfortunately this is the reality of ordering from many UK company's post Brexit. They made no preparations for the change in trade agreements.
    Best to stay within the EU single market although I understand that could be difficult when looking for a device with a UK style keyboard layout.

Ah but there it is - I ordered from a company that is in and regitered in ireland or so i thought.

Now i see thats not true - but most people do not know this - assume .ie means irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭harmless

Ah but there it is - I ordered from a company that is in and regitered in ireland or so i thought.

Now i see thats not true - but most people do not know this - assume .ie means irish.

That is true, Curry's are deliberately misleading when it comes to this.

Unforgettably all companies especially ones based in the UK need to be researched now before ordering which is a real pain in the ass :(
    Before Brexit I would only do this with companies I had not heard of before but now I do it with every company.

• Advertisement

harmless wrote: »
    That is true, Curry's are deliberately misleading when it comes to this.

Unforgettably all companies especially ones based in the UK need to be researched now before ordering which is a real pain in the ass :(
    Before Brexit I would only do this with companies I had not heard of before but now I do it with every company.

Lessons to be learned alright.

Just happy I realised before buying the new TV haha, would have hurt if I had a few k on the line.

Advertisement