Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Radio 1: The Ryan Tubridy Show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Obviously they are making some attempt to listen to the very negative feedback about LLS.

I see he has that clown Sir Stevo Timothy lined up for this Friday or nex to moan about his mental health issues. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,279 ✭✭✭CH3OH

He should be charged with robbery... stealing a living with this drivel interspersed with sitting back drinking coffee while playing a tune or two

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Invadings people privacy even though they said no is charming now. Hypocrisy alert.

He has commented on this very thing in the past and how much he hates it when people ask him for pics and autographs etc.,but it's perfectly fine for him to do it even when the person politely says "no"!

Also, did you hear the name of the person he was on the phone to? "Noel". Kelly?

And he was wearing a suit and tie at 10am in the morning in NY as he was on his way to lunch (at 10am?), being in New York for "a thing", i.e. a junket and not on his dime.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

Toy Show 2021 reference.

It's 2nd February.

Lol cathy the cue cards for ghrol have already been written, ryan wont be doing a second of preparation

Grohl is a really interesting, engaging and funny guy. The interview in the hands of say a Conan O'Brien could be brilliant. Instead we're going to get:

"Did your mammy tell you about the fields of Athenry when you were but a chisler and how much she missed the auld sod and the green green grass of home?

• Advertisement

Toy Show 2021 reference.

It's 2nd February.

He mentioned it last week, in January! Might even have been the week before. More than once actually.

He said:
    • an email came in from a listener whose child heard Bryan's vice and said "it's the Toyman!"
    • he also said he meets people in Connemara every summer who tell him they record the Toy Show and watch it all year round

:rolleyes:

He mentioned it last week, in January! Might even have been the week before. More than once actually.

He said:
    • an email came in from a listener who's child heard Bryan's vice and said "it's the Toyman!"
    • he also said he meets people in Connemara every summer who tell him they record the Toy Show and watch it all year round

:rolleyes:

Absolutely.

However, today we moved on to a higher plain.

"I'm already making plans for it" the Toyman told us!

It was interesting to hear him talk about cactuses cacti this morning and how he hates them. Ironic really as he's such a p _ _ _ k*.

* "plank of course".........:rolleyes:

Absolutely.

However, today we moved on to a higher plain.

"I'm already making plans for it" the Toyman told us!

OMG! I'm so excited! Just 10months of wondering what this year's theme will be!!!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭mistersifter

The subtly of it this morning - he was really selling the fun and frolics that are in store for this week's LLS!

He knows the score but hasn't the balls to address the backlash against the misery and the sermons.

So Grohl is on. Well, that should be embarrassing (RT will probably bring up that time Nirvana were meant to play in Ireland and give himself a pat on the back for being such a quality researcher).

But who else is on the LLS this week, though? Are the production team running around as we speak, frantically trying to cancel interviews about death? Has Jason Byrne been given a shout? or Bernard OShea? Or will the usual death slots resume once Dave Grohl has told us how much he likes Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Government buildings

I can't imagine what the new jolly Tubridy will be like, hearing that he's going to bring joy to the world and turn up the funometer!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

I see he has that clown Sir Stevo Timothy lined up for this Friday or nex to moan about his mental health issues. ;)

Is the interview going to take place in the RTE car park?

Because that virtue signalling dope never gets out of the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

The subtly of it this morning - he was really selling the fun and frolics that are in store for this week's LLS!

He knows the score but hasn't the balls to address the backlash against the misery and the sermons.

So Grohl is on. Well, that should be embarrassing (RT will probably bring up that time Nirvana were meant to play in Ireland and give himself a pat on the back for being such a quality researcher).

But who else is on the LLS this week, though? Are the production team running around as we speak, frantically trying to cancel interviews about death? Has Jason Byrne been given a shout? or Bernard OShea? Or will the usual death slots resume once Dave Grohl has told us how much he likes Ireland?

Dave your physio is Irish? Here’s a clip of you breaking your leg, you like motorhead? What was like playing with macca and bass player From nirvana ? What was going through your kind looking at macca?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭mistersifter

I can't imagine what the new jolly Tubridy will be like, hearing that he's going to bring joy to the world and turn up the funometer!

Whatever he does, it'll probably involve a lot of manic and forced laughing mid sentence.

he has a touch of paralysis from the the waist down sadly

he has a touch of paralysis from the the waist down sadly

Oh I know, but that doesn't account for his personality, or the sameness of his mediocre schtick.

His condition is fairly debilitating, and occurred as a result of him coming off a bike a good few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

All the talk this morning of 'production upstairs' brought a thought to mind.... one presumes they are staff of Tuttle Productions too...? I mean we're hardly paying more on top of the €495,000 to Tuttle for all this, or is I stupid?

TJJP wrote: »
    All the talk this morning of 'production upstairs' brought a thought to mind.... one presumes they are staff of Tuttle Productions too...? I mean we're hardly paying more on top of the €495,000 to Tuttle for all this, or is I stupid?

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 13,547 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Hachette, a fine & reputable company. Popular in RTÉ.
    Skunk also very popular, got a good whiff of it on Christmas morning from a nearby location

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

In fairness at least they are listening even if they wont acknowledge that they were so out of touch for so long and getting paid super premium rates all the while.

Also 'dialing up the funometer' = extra banging the desk and increased cases of stories/jokes being so funny that the host has to break down laughing in the middle of a sentence with increased frequency and maybe lean back in the chair a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Got out of his car to get it wrapped in Dublin last week. When questioned on twitter about the "essential journey" - he was attending an appointment in the Mater. :rolleyes:

Mr Velo wrote: »
    Got out of his car to get it wrapped in Dublin last week. When questioned on twitter about the "essential journey" - he was attending an appointment in the Mater. :rolleyes:

Nice guy.

some tips for ryan for friday

• Registered Users Posts: 4,420 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Grohl is a really interesting, engaging and funny guy. The interview in the hands of say a Conan O'Brien could be brilliant. Instead we're going to get:

"Did your mammy tell you about the fields of Athenry when you were but a chisler and how much she missed the auld sod and the green green grass of home?

Tommy Tiernan would be the right person to do an interview with Grohl.

I'm actually cringing for DG before he even appears-a gangly nepotistic misery merchant who's favourite album is the Best of the Beatles is going to grill him about dead pets and suicide and if there's any cancer in the family, and he doesn't even know it yet.

The memo has been read again.

We have upbeat Ryan again today.

More less than subtle hints about an Iceland trip.

Freebie list maybe. A book that RT 'can't recall' if he was sent or not.

Also maybe Gosling.ie Irish jigsaw that he 'has' maybe...

• Advertisement

Also maybe Gosling.ie Irish jigsaw that he 'has' maybe...

From a bookshop, of course :-)

Advertisement