Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Radio 1: The Ryan Tubridy Show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭screamer

It’s hard to remember the Ryan Tubridy that used to do a 2fm breakfast show back in the day that was actually half decent and lighthearted with a bit of fun.
    So, question is has his outlook on the world become so miserable, or is it what his target audience expects?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Government buildings

Doesn't he usually do a review of the previous Friday night's Late Late Show?

I didn't hear any mention of it this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

Still time .....

• Registered Users Posts: 49 top floor

You mean like a "post mortem"?

Mod Snipped some posts & quoted posts. Keep it above the line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Gift grub from last Wednesday 27th jan Is a gift indeed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,178 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Gift grub from last Wednesday 27th jan Is a gift indeed :)

Very good

Check out this podcast Gift Grub: Surprise Liveline Birthday Party Live On Air For Joe Duffy by The Ian Dempsey Breakfast Show on Today FM. https://www.goloudnow.com/pod-261839?station_app=today-fm

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Fun on the late late. Yeah right

Fun on the late late. Yeah right

Obviously they are making some attempt to listen to the very negative feedback about LLS.

First sentence. Next Friday’s LLS features an American guest whose mother is “of Irish heritage and a teacher”.

First sentence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

N17 reminds ryan of childhood and stone walls and the west of Ireland. Sure.

He's a fan of the wesht of Ireland. Funny ,he has never mentioned that before ;)

Hachette, a fine & reputable company. Popular in RTÉ.

PieOhMy wrote: »
    N17 reminds ryan of childhood and stone walls and the west of Ireland. Sure.

The summer trips to Connemara maybe.

The publisher of Joe Duffys 'book' has been named checked twice as had its quality as a safe company twice. This is not organic, this is a vested interest advertisement. Sly and sneaky.

Invitation for more freebies

Invadings people privacy even though they said no is charming now. Hypocrisy alert.

Why does everyone sound like Clinton ?

Hachette, a fine & reputable company. Popular in RTÉ.

No doubt Catherine Corless’s book will be followed in due course by a tome telling the stories of the survivors.

Penned by a certain radio host, of course.

A companion piece, so to speak.

Lol cathy the cue cards for ghrol have already been written, ryan wont be doing a second of preparation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,547 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

free Croissant heading his way

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

ah taytotastic but alas i cannot post this in the embedded manner, but i assure you it's safe ,for all the messers down the back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyae2BdEOiE&t=137s

Invadings people privacy even though they said no is charming now. Hypocrisy alert.

I’m sure I read that Tubridy didn’t like being stopped and asked for photographs when “off duty”. Quite right too.

But then to boast about doorstepping Tony Bennett!!!!!

The deaths in the BeeGees.

Fake email incoming.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,279 ✭✭✭CH3OH

lets digress to Covid Ryan getting a bit frisky

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

The publisher of Joe Duffys 'book' has been named checked twice as had its quality as a safe company twice. This is not organic, this is a vested interest advertisement. Sly and sneaky.

Was driving and listening so couldn’t post, but mentioned it in Da Lahv Lahn Tread just now.

Fake email incoming.

Only one ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

Was driving and listening so couldn’t post, but mentioned it in Da Lahv Lahn Tread just now.

TYFYS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

It was hilarious listening to Tubs talking about Dave Grohl this morning. He might as well have been an obscure Hungarian Footballer from the 1950s for all Tubs knew. I’d bet he’s never knowingly listened to a Grohl song. He seemed genuinely shocked to hear he was in Nirvana lol. Group’s autobiography is a good read if you’re into such things......should I send in my copy to Bryan?

Any bets he asks Grohl about Cobain’s suicide on Fridays’s “fun” LLS?

Advertisement