Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Radio 1: The Ryan Tubridy Show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

This bonkers time.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

This bonkers time..
    No shyte Sherlock

Roller skating, such a good thing to do.

sligojoek wrote: »
    Roller skating, such a good thing to do.

And then plays an upbeat track that was all the rage in the roller discos;)

Free mops. ...

• Advertisement

Ellie do you read ?;)

Hi uncle ryan

• Registered Users Posts: 33,213 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

did she say she likes listening to him?

That girl needs therapy.

NIMAN wrote: »
    did she say she likes listening to him?

That girl needs therapy.

Yes. Friend of the fambly. Hastobe

Handwritten by himself I'm sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Mentioning that he was sent a screener of the film for review and that it was a “privilege” means that it wasn’t an undeclared advertisement. Also according to you his endorsement didn’t sound anything like a shilled rave review. I’m fairly certain Ryan’s allowed to mention films he’s seen and what he’s thought of them in any case.

What had really piqued my curiosity was that Ryan was at great pains to advertise this movie - even suddenly back-tracking very deliberately to dutifully make sure he mentioned the release date & then it clicked with me - Ryan wasn't being paid to plug this movie, I'm almost sure he never watched it as he gave no opinion except to sheepishly and disingenuously mutter that its a "fine film".

No, what happened he is that Ryan treasures his status as someone who receives special copies of movies early - A courier company delivers them to him personally weeks ahead of the common man getting a chance to view them and that means a lot to him.

What could be more fitting to Ryan's own Kirk Douglas, Marlon Brando and Walter Mitty self-image than getting advance copies of movies and getting to tell people about it?

Ryan simply looked up the movie on IMBD, decided it was probably a "fine film" and made sure to mention it on the radio so his bit was done and his future supply of screeners wouldn't be cut off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭AdrianBalboa

Mango Joe wrote: »
    What had really piqued my curiosity was that Ryan was a great pains to advertise this movie - even suddenly back-tracking very deliberately to dutifully make sure he mentioned the release date & then it clicked with me - Ryan wasn't being paid to plug this movie, I'm almost sure he never watched it as he gave no opinion except to sheepishly and disingenuously mutter that its a "fine film".

No, what happened he is that Ryan treasures his status as someone who receives special copies of movies early - A courier company delivers them to him personally weeks ahead of the common man getting a chance to view them and that means a lot to him.

What could be more fitting to Ryans Kirk Douglas, Marlon Brando and Walter Mitty self-image than getting advance copies of movies and getting to tell people about it?

Ryan simply looked up the movie on IMBD, decided it was probably a "fine film" and made sure to mention it on the radio so his bit was done and his future supply of screeners wouldn't be cut off.

This is all made up in your head. "Ahead of the common man," lol. I suppose he was too busy getting a new top hat fitted to watch it, was he?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

This is all made up in your head. "Ahead of the common man," lol. I suppose he was too busy getting a new top hat fitted to watch it, was he?

You have a lot to learn about this Town Sweetie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

Oh yeah I have cancer now thought I’d tell you cnts instead of tubridy i

Oh no, I am sorry to hear that. You are one of my favorite posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Illium

PieOhMy wrote: »
    My parents would be the typical default people who leave the radio and tv on rte just out of habit whenever its turned on but in the last few months theyve changed. Just can't bear it anymore, if it's not a repeat its depressing. I would imagine that type of viewer would be rtes bread and butter too.

Same as mine. Maybe it's a sense of loyalty. I don't know.

I enjoy John Creedon, the classic rock hour and Late Date but I need to change the channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

If you ever wanted to get on telly, he'd have you on the LLS next week!

Look after yourself, it came to our house too, and the care received was unbelievable, you're in good hands.

If I hear another word about cancer awareness-there isn't a family unit in the country that ISN'T aware of cancer.

Oh jaysus, very sorry to hear this, wishing you well in your treatment. Never a good time to have it, but it is even more of a challenge now :(

Vent here as you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Thanks for all the positivity but the good news is it’s good cancer and it’s a kidney and I have a spare ;) we’ll see how it goes :)

Thanks for all the positivity but the good news is it’s good cancer and it’s a kidney and I have a spare ;) we’ll see how it goes :)

Aha, one of the older guys where I worked, never sick a day in his life, was "fortunately" taken in great pain with the passing of a harmless kidney stone, forcing the manager to call an ambulance. The hospital wasn't remotely worried about the stone issue, but said the other kidney would require surgery as it had a tumour which showed in the scan. Back to work two months later looking better than ever, and never bothered by health issues again.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Government buildings

There was a politician on this morning saying that St. Brigid was a strong powerful woman.

I always imagined her as a gentle woman in love with nature

Now I have an image of her as more like a sumo wrestler.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Aids guest! All the way from America if course. Everything is through the prism of america.

Fab Vinny has to get an honourable mention

• Registered Users Posts: 7,290 ✭✭✭CH3OH

This is a 30+ year old story

Do you know BJBill ??

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Government buildings

And I thought he was going to apologise for the doom and gloom of the Late Late Show.

Doesn't look like it.

Solo thinnnnn

Dooo get hymmmm

And I thought he was going to apologise for the doom and gloom of the Late Late Show.

Doesn't look like it.

:(:):)

Kindness overload

A friend of the Clinton's

• Advertisement

Aaa ah. A Clinton connection.

Advertisement