Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Radio 1: The Ryan Tubridy Show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Toy show in the first 30 seconds.

Beautiful things.

Paul McCartney

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Wants an air hostess going to New York to buy a magazine for him? HE'S WILLING TO PAY.

If I had to guess I would say he intends to make the cast sign it for him if they ever come on the late late. I'd say there's some cajoling of guests to go for pint afterwards and to sign memorabilia.

'Tears streaming down my face' alert!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭StevenToast

I dont know how anyone can suffer listening to Tubridy....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭ghoulfinger

I rarely listen to Tubridy, but by gawd he's vacuous. Radio off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

New York magazine. Not the new yorker, he gets that delivered already.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

Shame there isn't some sort of inter connected network were sellers in one country could supply magazines or other paraphernalia to buyers in another distant location through electronic means.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

i'm getting married and haven't got to the financials of a honeymoon yet and find this hilarious ....right just click on option 5 "heavenly package" just like that :)

• Advertisement

Ryan says he wouldn't talk about somebodys appearance as it's cheap and nasty - then proceeds to make cheap and nasty comments about James Nesbitt. Classy.

Not forgetting his "him with the nose" method of describing an actor or sly comment aimed at a bald audience member of the late late show audience.

If anyone remebers when they bullied Boyzone on the late late show, just after they played the old clip, Shane Lynch voiced his displeasure as they had asked that the clip not be played again.

Ryan's response? An apology?

No.

He implied that it was Shane Lynches fault, the victim, that he didn't like it. It's like he was suprised lynch didn't laugh along and that it was his problem for not getting it and tough luck.

The man is a bully pretending to be against bullying.

I can't tell if he's even aware he's doing it it, it could be instinctive "it was only a bit of craic" and he could really think this. As we have seen over the years he is incapable of genuine empathy or acting like a normal human so its very possible he may not be able to comprehend that just because something is funny for him it may not be as funny for the victim.

Or he could just be a bully who like feeling like a big man. He does like bragging about all the people he has met and special treatment he gets on a daily basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭archfi

It was just a week ago this guy promised us a LLS opening show full of positivity and joy and wonderfulness.

Today he says, the son of Sophie du Plantier will be on talking about how he has coped with his mother being murdered. I barely caught this but also the mother of Dolores of the Cranberries will be on talking about the loss of her daughter.

This on the RTE website from August 22nd: https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2021/0822/1241662-tubridy-says-late-late-show-will-embrace-the-light/

Ryan Tubridy says new season of The Late Late Show will 'embrace the light'

'Ryan Tubridy has said the new season of The Late Late Show will "embrace the light" and aim to "entertain, entertain, entertain".'

I swear to fck!

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

He also promised the audience would be front line workers.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Late Late overload this morning. Desperate stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

Putting the fun back in funerals.

the late late show needs a norm mcdonald. As it stands the late late shows Norm Mcdonald is Jason byrne, and Jason byrne is not at all norm mcdonald.

Instagram

Museum

The Late Late Show

Free ad for Bertie's daughter's book.

American politics.

Post edited by sligojoek on

And fake laughing, of course

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Love the way he glossed over the nickname your one's daughter gave him "hobbidy" . .. ToyMan doesnt approve of that nickname!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,959 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

'Look mommy it's Hobbidy the toyshow man' *lol*

• Advertisement

Sounds like a great book. 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 19,142 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

The ‘luvvies’ will be out in force next Friday.

will steer well clear of the LLS

Thought I'd turn on the radio app on my phone just now to see what the topic of todays call might be. You know, it's Friday, might be a bit of craic or fun, something nice to have on the radio in the background as I work.

First thing I hear: "So how many chemotherapy sessions did you have?"

This is scandalous. These people are psychos and I seriously think the entire nation could be at risk of being damaged by all this. This is beyond belief. Its not even a joke anymore. The cancer man is a sick sick man.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Dub Ste

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, the man is a ghoul.

He must be getting warmed up for asking 2 different sets of people about their dead children later. His idea of entertainment on a Friday night. This is beyond redemption or defence. Its simply absolutely disgusting.

What's it like to have a mastectomy?

Mother of Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Dub Ste

Jeez I don't know Ryan, what's it like to have a lobotomy???

The man is a fool, to put it mildly..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

He’s a deviant is what he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Sure didnt Hobiddy grill the bejaysis out of that actress the other day about Danika McGuigan. Spent about 10 minutes trying to get your one to cry. Disturbed individual.

What was it he said today? "Don't hate stuff, just dislike it intensely". Handy advice for when listening to him in misery merchant mode.

• Advertisement

tubs is the Bruce Wayne of south Dublin, mmm the tub mobile is immobile I’ll take the the tub bike 😂😂

Advertisement