Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Radio 1: The Ryan Tubridy Show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭drserious4

It's because we have to pay his exorbitant salary. There are countless hundreds of radio programmes I wouldn't like on non-RTE radio stations Im sure but as I don't contribute towards their salary (which are undoubtedly a tiny fraction of Tubridys) then I don't complain. He is bad value for taxpayers money.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭archfi

Gorgeous.

09:06am

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

Trump.

09:09am

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Too many free tote bags sent in to Ryan.

Most people who have been mentioned by named also have to be qualified by whether Ryan has ever met or spoken to them before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭mistersifter

I know, the poor lad!

The cheek of some people sending him in stuff that he doesn't like!! I still cant get over that time someone made him a cake with nuts in it - do they not know he isnt a nut man FFS? And then the time someone sent him in a tin of Lindt that hadn't enough chocolates in it. Scabby feckers.

And now THIS! Puttin' all his free stuff into feckin tote bags that he doesn't need. The absolute prícks!

(Also, Ryan said this week that he doesn't answer his phone because he has too many people looking for favours 'n stuff 🤣)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

His description of the restoration of the documents blown up in the four courts was fascinating, i had this image of people shoveling burnt crumpled documents into a "gizmo" and then coming out the other side as flattened perfect documents

Only catching up now. Heard him go on about tote bags yesterday. Does he realise RTÉ are giving some away in connection with Liveline?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭hawley

"I really want to go to Paris. Can someone make that happen?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,218 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

His show is described as “a fast-paced entertaining, fun and informative sixty minutes of morning radio”.

I must be listening to a different programme so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

He wishes to go 'immediately' and sip coffee for hours while that earworm he played this morning plays in the background......wouldn't we all.

The kid who wishes to dress up as Tubridy for the Halloween party will surely get to meet the Toyman/Bookman for his efforts.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Yet more tea brack this morning, inside the first 15 seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 18,377 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I have already addressed this. However since you are new user with 12 posts time of writing I will reply. What you are exbiting here is a sense of entitlement a reason to hate. It is also an oxymoron as to complain constantly about a show you have to listen. By doing so you are actually helping Tubridy's listening figure's. And in effect those who do so and moan bitch and complain on this thread are merely howling at the moon.it was framed in such a way by the threads creator which has attracted the like minded who just just want a bitch and whinge. I tried to change this trend and try and create normal detailed discussion on content.

However despite my best efforts behind the scenes for almost 6 months and later aided by a new mod in this endeavour - to have a place where people could genuinely discuss the Ryan Tubridy Show. In other words content topics of interest - good/bad in constructive manner. But ultimately my efforts have ended in failure as there is a small but determined cohort who do not wish to move away from constant snide Tubridy attack's. As this bonded cohort have issues with Tubridy that go beyond a mere radio programme. This has made it virtually impossible for this thread to achieve some normalcy.

It has just become a virtual Petri Dish where there is a core group whose modus operandi is not to discuss the content of the show as you would do in a normal thread. Back and forth pointing out interviews of note music contributors and so on. But the M.O is simply to attack the host with a constant rain of cynicism and snide remarks, in the guise of banter.

The last few posts from others are cyncial one liners which give the reader of this thread zero context or info.

It is not lost on me that this radio forum and this thread are under the main topic of entertainment. This thread is now an example of how when a culture is created, framed and encouraged - it becomes impossible for such a core group to move beyond a negative farming. Especially when the determined cohort have convinced themselves they have a right to personal attack of a radio host. Which evidenced itself in real life recently.

All of which is fascinating from psychological standpoint. But it means there is now no place for genuine discussion of this radio programme. As to a cohort Tubridy's amount of salary somehow dehumanise the radio host and make him 'fair game'. Genuine discussion and place for all views/backgrounds is a core of what boards.ie is supposed to be about. It is not supposed to discourage others from posting on a radio programme, merely because a cohort have a very strong vendetta against RTE/Tubridy etc. And see it as their entitlement to have such a vendetta and revel in it. Instead of doing what a logical person would do and reach for the off switch.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

I think you have a strong point here.

Unfortunately though the show is soooo bad, the hardened ears of the high level -take it as gospel what they post- posters can't even take the chance of listening to it after being aurally scourged so violently in the past.

Reading about his 'private life' in De Mirror was FASCINATING. I never knew he did so much work for charity.

*wheres me matches? I want to set myself on fire*

Post edited by withless on

Promises of a LLS next week full of positivity (hope that's not the audience), joy and music. A humdinger.

Macron visiting. Miggledy's dogs.

Guffaw

No mention of Biden's *Trump's worsening fckup in Afghanistan yet but it's only 09:06

*Everthing is the orange one's fault donctha know, in LaLaLand😀

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

"Last week of freedom." (alluding to the return of the LLS).

"It's going to be positive in every sense...yadda, yadda" (LLS again).

Thirty seconds later, informs us he's going to spend a lot of the show dealing with a thirty year old murder trial.

What a guy.

New words for today

Whynottery and thrillery.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Lodda lodda love.

Lol offending the swimmer for the second time. He doesn't listen to a word the guest says, purely focused on the next question in his list. The guest could be sent a word document with the questions on it in advance, submit their responses and we could get the voice actors from liveline to read it out? Lazy content from a lazy programme.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

It's only a matter of time before he beings a camera crew with him on his meet and greet the plain people of Ireland walkabouts a la Donacha O Dulaing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Or Charlie Haughey, which would be closer to his bloodline-and level of arrogance.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I don't listen to the show, but from my few attempts to watch the LLS, way back, when he first took over, I think he has no interest really in others. And is unable to relate to other people, thus glues himself to cue cards, and can't depart from them.

That will always make him a poor interviewer, in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

"there is now no place for genuine discussion of this radio programme"

Correct, because it's largely self indulgent rambling. You're obviously in a minority of one around here if you find anything of quality or interest in it. Which is fine, each to their own but don't expect others not to call a spade a spade.

Chatting away with the guest asking about her kids names and ages, totaly boring if course but harmless.

Then. Suddenly - "It was three years ago Barry, your husband, started feeling unwell." Asking about the day she found her husband dead on the floor infront of her, asking how she felt at the time.

This guy needs to be on some sort of watch list incase his desire for misery and suffering escalates the way serial killers often start off as prowlers and then need to go further and further to get the same thrill out of it. He is a criminal psychologists dream.

^^ I was wondering what the point of the interview was when they were shooting the breeze. Why would they be promoting the Medical Council?!

a bit like when he had that author with the eating disorder on the other day and he said something like "you're very well known for writing your books, but you're not here to talk about that today are you?....."

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

Will the LLS audience on Friday consist of rte staffers, or front line workers as promised?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭drserious4

It's not a small cohort. Nearly everyone thinks he is overpaid, overhyped and not worth our money. On boards certainly, but in real life as well. Great to have connections.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,928 ✭✭✭furiousox

gorm"I will post no more"dubhgorm has already addressed this and left the thread, several times.

It's highly unlikely he will flounce back in and post again.

Highly unlikely.

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭ghoulfinger

"Everyone should go on a month honeymoon and choose the more expensive option". So self-unaware, living in his own fantasy world where everyone earns a tasty wage.

Advertisement