Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness SIX Nations 2021

Options

Comments

Is Jaco Van Der Walt carrying an injury? He wasn't on the bench last week for Scotland. Surely he'd start if he was fit

• Subscribers Posts: 41,227 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Is Jaco Van Der Walt carrying an injury? He wasn't on the bench last week for Scotland. Surely he'd start if he was fit

hes on the bench for tomorrow so youd expect hes fit enough to come on at a moments notice

a bit of a kick in the teeth for him though

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

He was ruled out as injured for Edinburgh's game against Treviso, but Townsend said at the time that he was expected to be fit for the bench spot against Ireland.

I think it's more that they really don't rate him to be honest.

I'm considering putting him as my super sub in the fantasy. Callum Sheedy was worth a ton last week. I think Italy is the game for subs to have the most impact. In tight games, flyhalves often don't get taken off.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I'm considering putting him as my super sub in the fantasy. Callum Sheedy was worth a ton last week. I think Italy is the game for subs to have the most impact. In tight games, flyhalves often don't get taken off.

Fantasy is broken in that regard. Each player getting 18 points for an away win pro-rata'd based on how much of the game they played meant that for any team away to Italy the META strategy was to pick 3/4 players who'd almost definitely play 80 minutes or the SuperSub who'd play 30 and might score.

Given Hogg was also guaranteed points becuase metres made are over-rewarded and he runs back a LOT of ball and Farrell was a goal kicking 12 that was guaranteed to play 80 and very likely to win it has meant that every team in my fantasy league has effectively had the same backline in every game.

• Advertisement

errlloyd wrote: »
    Fantasy is broken in that regard. Each player getting 18 points for an away win pro-rata'd based on how much of the game they played meant that for any team away to Italy the META strategy was to pick 3/4 players who'd almost definitely play 80 minutes or the SuperSub who'd play 30 and might score.

Given Hogg was also guaranteed points becuase metres made are over-rewarded and he runs back a LOT of ball and Farrell was a goal kicking 12 that was guaranteed to play 80 and very likely to win it has meant that every team in my fantasy league has effectively had the same backline in every game.

Surely you pick 4 players playing italy regardless if it's away or not. I'm thinking Hogg switching to 10 will negate his metres made. I'm still picking him as its against Italy and he'll still score tries, but Maitland or Van Der Merve could be a good choice for captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Surely you pick 4 players playing italy regardless if it's away or not. I'm thinking Hogg switching to 10 will negate his metres made. I'm still picking him as its against Italy and he'll still score tries, but Maitland or Van Der Merve could be a good choice for captain.

Yeah, but you get so many points for an away win (18 plus, 0.5*the margin) means that you have no choice, to maximize the return you have to pick 4 backs. And it just means that everyone's team ends up so homogenous.

I am in a 15 person league, last Saturday every person in the top 11 had LRZ as captain, Sheedy as Supersub, and Josh Adams on the other wing. The only reason they didn't also have North or Williams is that they were designated as wingers and therefore couldn't be picked.

The league should either get rid of team points entirely or reduce the amount of substituions you can make. Otherwise every single week the Meta is just pick the backs playing Italy, make a winger your captain. Pick Farrell. Then pick the goal kicking ten of whatever team is A: Not England and B: Not playing against Italy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Ye need to start playing the Superbru Fantasy game, great fun!

Who to captain though..VDM, Maitland or Darcy Graham?!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,229 ✭✭✭tanko

What is wrong with the Scotland players, management and pundits/ex players.
    The delusion is incredible. They aren't very good at all, one win against an off form England and they seemed to think that they only have to turn up and the wins will flow.
    Saw an interview with Stuart Hogg, it was full of "we know we're a lot better than we're playing". Actually Stuart you just aren't. Why have they got such notions about themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Really interested to see how this Hogg at 10 experiment goes

He's in a bit of a lose-lose scenario. If he plays well, it'll be because its against Italy...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Some turnaround for Bigi. Try after 6 mins compared to a penalty and a yellow by the same time last week.

BBC fella there calling for a yellow for Italy after the same number of infringements that Scotland had earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Italy’s discipline is remarkably bad

• Administrators Posts: 53,508 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Italy are rubbish. There’s no other way about it. Hopelessly bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,835 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Someone needs to tell the Virgin commentator that Scotland aren't the side playing in blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,876 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Could this be their 6 Nations swansong?

Most of elite RSA rugby are moving to Britain and Ireland from April to July, during which many productive conversations will be had.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭SheepsClothing

Clegg wrote: »
    Someone needs to tell the Virgin commentator that Scotland aren't the side playing in blue.

At one point he said "Scotland now, sending the ball wide, testing the Scotland line".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

They are within two points lads, calm down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Clegg wrote: »

He actually said
    "Scotland looking to stretch this Scotland defence"
    As the Italian No11 was attacking... think he's been at the beer already

I'd like to see a replay of that Italian tackle on Scotland's 12.

Looked high and no wrap.

• Advertisement

Larbre34 wrote: »

Pretty sure the CVC deal cemented their place for the next while

Yeah that's a shoulder charge.

Didn't catch him high but definitely a yellow.

And again. Such unnecessary rubbish discipline

FFS Italy.

I was just about to say they’re again not getting help here after Maitland tackled Ioane past the ruck and then Watson comes in at the side then the TMO finds a needless no arms tackle.
    Hard to excuse that.

Fairly dire so far

Larbre34 wrote: »

Most of elite RSA rugby are moving to Britain and Ireland from April to July, during which many productive conversations will be had.

It will never go back to 5 teams and a dead game week for one team

Franco Smith surely done as coach after this. Have some decent young players Italy but they’re so badly organised

Tbf to Ioane that's an incredible defensive read and tackle on Graham.

Just realised I forgot to update my team.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

The Italian stallion!
    Some hit...

Advertisement