Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness SIX Nations 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

ecoli3136 wrote: »
    It needs to be conclusive, that certainly is far from conclusive enough, by the rugby rules standards

Anyone who thinks that ball was not grounded by Itoje is in cloud cuckoo land.

I accept the ref did not see a grounding.

The replay is conclusive that a try was scored, in my opinion.

Edit : this is not CSI:Twickenham. Anyone who follows the game knows well that he scored a try, ie some part of that ball touched some part of the grass.[/quote]

I reckon it was grounded, but it's not clear enough in the replays to overturn the on field decision...that's where I take issue...

Rugby is at a crossroads atvtgat moment for a number of reasons...reffing and the rules are 1 of the many issues facing rugby going forward

• Registered Users Posts: 8,418 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Genge off the bench is a game changer. I think he's more physical that Vunipola. I think France wore down fairly quickly after 60 mins. The French bench didn't really factor in. The fitness of the French must be an issue. They looked ragged at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭penybont exile

That was an enjoyable weekend of rugby watching.

Once I got my chores out of the way (a long walk with the hound & the weekly food run) it was time to settle down for the last 15 minutes of the footie followed by a nice run out in Rome. No pressure .... a couple of glasses of red and some good video enabled chatter with the lads back home over the inter-web. Nice preparation for the big one in Paris.

Next up England v France ..... consensus was we didn't care who won as it's now all about the GS ....... we are beginning to get greedy! Enjoyable game ... dogfight in the second half with England prevailing with a nice intervention (rightly) from the TMO. France look great in patches .... but very average at other times. We can definitely sort them out on Saturday. Under dogs again ...... not in my mind. One of the lads has £10 @50-1 for a Wales GS ..... hopefully that's converted to twelve bottles of France's finest come Sunday.

Yesterdays game was poor fare. Reminded me of the WC game with Scotland totally shooting themselves in the foot. Looked like what I suspect it will become .... the play-off for 4/5 place. Ireland have a dogged pack but are limited elsewhere. Case in point is Ringrose .... regressed big time ..... looks like he's playing for a school team ..... nowhere near the Lions for me. From 11 to 15 only Henshaw is of the required standard. I could comment more but i'll leave it there. Scotland ...... well they are just tactically inept.

So on-wards to super Saturday ..... another stroll with the dog etc. Then the build up to the big one. Good job the pubs aren't open ... I'd be well oiled by 8pm.

Finally .... Hope you beat England .... really ... I do .... but not sure this team is good enough. Of course a 'poor Welsh team' (see a zillion times above) managed it and look where they are. Any way it's only the hors d'oeuvre .... I've a nice Bordeaux (to open @8pm) for the big one .... I'm sure there's a cheap fizzy one around somewhere for later if ......

......... we bring home GS #13.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭Dickie10

Hopefully Wales do the business , id love them to dismantle France or France to have a meltdown, and wales beat them by 20 points! see how the gutter press Irish media like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Snore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Dickie10 wrote: »
    Hopefully Wales do the business , id love them to dismantle France or France to have a meltdown, and wales beat them by 20 points! see how the gutter press Irish media like it.

What a bizarre statement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭Dickie10

why? the irish media seem to hate welsh rugby

• Subscribers Posts: 41,378 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Dickie10 wrote: »
    why? the irish media seem to hate welsh rugby

"irish media"

so all irish media, or some?

or one person in particular?

any links to this please?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

tenor.gif

Damn, did an even worse job at copying you again! I'll never get the hang of this.... :confused: Is your aim to get to the bottom of this list, yea? Can't seem to manage that!

547210.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,985 ✭✭✭OldRio

Well in my defence I forgot to enter a team last weekend. Something something old age sorta thingy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

sydthebeat wrote: »
    "irish media"

so all irish media, or some?

or one person in particular?

any links to this please?

Probably just Ger from Off The Ball , who made a tool out of himself slating Wales before the start of the 6 nations

.ak wrote: »
    Damn, did an even worse job at copying you again! I'll never get the hang of this.... :confused: Is your aim to get to the bottom of this list, yea? Can't seem to manage that!

I see what your game is now - you are copying my good calls and ignoring my bad calls...

Crafty, but the game is up. I'm going to make ALL bad calls this weekend, jokes on you

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Richie_Rich89

It'd be good to see Wales win their 13th Grand Slam in Paris this weekend. They'd played some excellent rugby this championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,418 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

I hope France pond the gizzard outta them! C'mon France

Wales team to face France: Liam Williams; Louis Rees-Zammit, George North, Jonathan Davies, Josh Adams; Dan Biggar, Gareth Davies; Wyn Jones, Ken Owens, Tomas Francis, Adam Beard, Alun Wyn Jones, Josh Navidi, Justin Tipuric, Taulupe Faletau.

Replacements: Elliot Dee, Nicky Smith, Leon Brown, Cory Hill, James Botham, Tomos Williams, Callum Sheedy, Uilisi Halaholo.

France team: Brice Dulin; Teddy Thomas, Virimi Vakatawa, Gael Fickou, Damian Penaud; Matthieu Jalibert, Antoine Dupont; Cyril Baille, Julien Marchand, Mohamed Haouas, Romain Taofifenua, Paul Willemse, Dylan Cretin, Charles Ollivon, Gregory Alldritt.

Replacements: Camille Chat, Jean-Baptiste Gros, Uini Atonio, Swan Rebbadj, Anthony Jelonch, Baptiste Serin, Romain Ntamack, Arthur Vincent.

how do you fancy your chances penybont??

bookies have you -8 and drifting....

I think we can do it ....

Wouldn't be as confident as I was prior to the finales in 05, 08, 12 & 19.

Saying that if the French go for the BP it could be an open game and we could pick them off when they make mistakes.

One thing Pivac is really drumming into this group is to make the right decision off turnover ball ..... which is usually keep in hand & go wide.

A GS on the back of being under dogs in 4 out of the 5 games would be a satisfying outcome.

i think the French showed glimpses of their stereotypical vulnerability under pressure last week when they made some crazy decisions

if wales are winning or even within 3 coming into the final quarter i think you could do it alright.

i think the French showed glimpses of their stereotypical vulnerability under pressure last week when they made some crazy decisions

if wales are winning or even within 3 coming into the final quarter i think you could do it alright.
    France are a young team with great potential. They have a lot of talented players & seem to be gelling as a XV.

I wasn't surprised they lost to England but that game wouldn't have been close 2/3 years ago.

They need to learn how to win tight games. The game in Dublin was a lot closer on the scoreboard than it should have been ..... one mistake at the end could have lost it for them. They are by no means the finished article so there is definitely logic behind my tempered confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Don't think there's been any official word on rescheduled France v Scotland game yet. They're hardly waiting to see results of this weekends rounds to see if it would affect winner or places? Is it more negotiating with Top14 and premiership to release players?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,793 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

I think we can do it ....

Wouldn't be as confident as I was prior to the finales in 05, 08, 12 & 19.

Saying that if the French go for the BP it could be an open game and we could pick them off when they make mistakes.

One thing Pivac is really drumming into this group is to make the right decision off turnover ball ..... which is usually keep in hand & go wide.

A GS on the back of being under dogs in 4 out of the 5 games would be a satisfying outcome.

Understatement of the tournament!!

Wales ability to play "on the hoof" is ultra impressive.
    Much like the French. I think France were suffering last week in the 2nd half. I can only see them improving. Should be a cracker.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,114 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

+8 surely?

Podge_irl wrote: »
    +8 surely?

ah yes :D

Hogg starting at 10 for Scotland

15. Sean Maitland (Saracens) - 52 caps

14. Darcy Graham (Edinburgh) - 17 caps
    13. Huw Jones (Glasgow Warriors) - 29 caps
    12. Sam Johnson (Glasgow Warriors) - 16 caps
    11. Duhan van der Merwe (Edinburgh) - 8 caps

10. Stuart Hogg CAPTAIN (Exeter Chiefs) – 83 caps
    9. Scott Steele (Harlequins) – 3 caps

1. Rory Sutherland (Edinburgh) – 14 caps
    2. David Cherry (Edinburgh) 3 caps
    3. Zander Fagerson (Glasgow Warriors) – 36 caps
    4. Sam Skinner (Exeter Chiefs) – 10 caps
    5. Grant Gilchrist (Edinburgh) – 43 caps
    6. Jamie Ritchie VICE CAPTAIN (Edinburgh) – 25 caps
    7. Hamish Watson (Edinburgh) – 39 caps
    8. Matt Fagerson (Glasgow Warriors) – 12 caps

• Registered Users Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

BBC reporting France v Scotland rescheduled for 8 o clock ko on 26th alright.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/56281248

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭hahashake

Hogg at 10 will be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

"Full-back is his position but given his experience, leadership ability and all-round skillset we do see him as being able to cover other positions and this is an opportunity for him to do that."

Translation: I don't rate Jaco van der Walt, at all.

You don't take your best attacking player and move his position unless you absolutely have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Is Hastings not back from injury? Or is he banned for his red against Leinster a few weeks back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,885 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

Is Hastings not back from injury? Or is he banned for his red against Leinster a few weeks back?

Still banned. 3rd of 3 match ban

Advertisement