Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

YouTube Premium thread SEE OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

For the penny pinchers, it's only a 1 min to change to Arg.
    a)cancel
    b) put on Arg VPN, then re sub. It'll start when your India month ends.
    You'd save 50c a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭CoBo55

TheDriver wrote: »
    a)cancel
    You'd save 50c a month.

As you pointed out earlier it's more important to use Revolut to prevent being scalded by the banks.

CoBo55 wrote: »
    As you pointed out earlier it's more important to use Revolut to prevent being scalded by the banks.

It's very annoying that AIB have a min on debit cards. BOI don't seem to, just a 2.25% which is a nice markup but relative.

It's very annoying that AIB have a min on debit cards. BOI don't seem to, just a 2.25% which is a nice markup but relative.

I'm with Ulsterbank I don't know what their setup is but you can be sure the arse isn't hanging out of their trousers over exchange rates:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

a)cancel
    You'd save 50c a month.

Yep I used India as the free vpn I was using didn’t have an Argentinian option iirc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭TP_CM

One way to avoid YouTube ads is to use the internet browser on your phone. As soon as the ad starts playing I pull down on the screen, refreshing the page and when it reloads a second later the ad doesn't play. It goes straight to video

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

TP_CM wrote: »
    One way to avoid YouTube ads is to use the internet browser on your phone. As soon as the ad starts playing I pull down on the screen, refreshing the page and when it reloads a second later the ad doesn't play. It goes straight to video

Or you could just pay €2 a month!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

TP_CM wrote: »

I have just tried doing this on my TV and it has fallen and cracked the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭TP_CM

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Or you could just pay €2 a month!

I only use my phone. For me using the browser is easier than this other way. Internet is so fast these days reloading a page is instant.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

a)cancel
    You'd save 50c a month.

Did you change all the addresses on the main and family accounts?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

My 3 year old thanks you profusely.

As do I. No more screams of "Dada fix it"

Did you change all the addresses on the main and family accounts?

I'm a solo user. I have my own account playing on multiple devices simultaneously.

Yes, changed to some random Argentinean address. There's a joy in racing to the bottom of the penny pinching barrel.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭almee

Set up the family, used Surfshark as vpn, set it to Argentina, went to yputube, clicked on premium. I'm getting the message youtube premium is not available in your country.

almee wrote: »
    Set up the family, used Surfshark as vpn, set it to Argentina, went to yputube, clicked on premium. I'm getting the message youtube premium is not available in your country.

That said something about your VPN. I used tunnelbear on my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Got notified by Revolut yesterday that my first payment of €1.68 had been taken.

Must admit to having a bit of a laugh to myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

almee wrote: »

Surfshark India working here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

I've decided not to go beyond the trial period. I depend on Google far too much (GMail maily, but also Photos, Chrome Password Manager and Play Services) to risk having my account banned. :(

I already started migrating: Email to outlook (if someone told me 20 years ago that it is M$ that is not the evil one, I wouldn't believe), pictures and passwords to private clouds (Nextcould and Bitwarden respectively). I'll give it a go after I feel much safer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭shanec1928

grogi wrote: »
    I've decided not to go beyond the trial period. I depend on Google far too much (GMail maily, but also Photos, Chrome Password Manager and Play Services) to risk having my account banned. :(

I already started migrating: Email to outlook (if someone told me 20 years ago that it is M$ that is not the evil one, I wouldn't believe), pictures and passwords to private clouds (Nextcould and Bitwarden respectively). I'll give it a go after I feel much safer.
    just create a new family with a throw away account and add yours in to it or just sign into YouTube with that throw away account

Hasn't happened to anyone yet. Storing emails locally is asking for trouble. Throw away that tinfoil hat it clashes with your eyes...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Hasn't happened to anyone yet. Storing emails locally is asking for trouble. Throw away that tinfoil hat it clashes with your eyes...

Where do I store emails locally?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

CoBo55 wrote:

grogi wrote:
    Where do I store emails locally?!

Outlook = Hotmail, I.e microsofts Gmail.

Outlet client is different and hosts emails on your hard drive, as well as on the browser based portal.

Just a mix up in terminology.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

Just create a brand new Google account used only for Youtube. It's simple to have it logged in at the same time as your real account in your browser/phone/whatever device you use.

Google's account switcher (click on your profile picture in the top right corner of any google service) makes it very simple to switch between logged in accounts. Plus it remembers which account to use by default for each service - for example once your new google account is selected within youtube, it remains the default account loaded up on next visit, not interfering with gmail or calendar which can default to your real account.

No reason not to do it this way, saves a fortune and remains 100% separate and safe from your proper account with no loss of functionality or convenience.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Google aren't going to close your account because you got cheap YouTube. They want your data.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭sheldon16

first payment of €2.15 out today, thanks all for this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,458 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Revolut used, 1.16EUR

• Registered Users Posts: 14 gally45

Are people getting this to work with their smart speaker? (eg google nest) or does it have to have the vpn on too. Have signed up to an Indian account and been able to cast to speaker from pc but would be nice to use it as normal just voice activated if possible?

gally45 wrote: »
    Are people getting this to work with their smart speaker? (eg google nest) or does it have to have the vpn on too. Have signed up to an Indian account and been able to cast to speaker from pc but would be nice to use it as normal just voice activated if possible?

You set it as your default music service in the Google home app

• Registered Users Posts: 14 gally45

ok thanks I would have an irish account there already so remove it and add the new account, cheers

gally45 wrote: »
    ok thanks I would have an irish account there already so remove it and add the new account, cheers

No idea what you're on about. Is this YouTube account not the account not your main account you use with Google home? If so you'll not be able to use it on Google home

• Advertisement

Probably no harm to lock this thread now as it's starting to get like the twilight zone here.

Advertisement