Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

YouTube Premium thread SEE OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i'm on youtube premium,

but looking through my online bank statements i don't see any standing order payment to them??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,311 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

JTMan wrote: »
    Sorry, just to be crystal clear ... one is best creating a brand new Gmail/Google account for the registration and also a brand new Gmail/Google account for each family member. The reason is you will continue to get local music recommendations rather than Indian music. Is my logic right? Thanks.

Nope just use your regular google account and their regular google accounts. I have mine since they launched gmail many moons ago!

You sign up under vpn for india/argentina, use a local to there address for that specific billing. Then you dont need to use the vpn again. they dont need it at all.

Then just use youtube as normal on any device. Ive done it for over 14 months now! Its great.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

For anyone using their current Google account, make sure the primary billing address is your own address.

After paying for YouTube Premium and various Apps with 3 billing for about 2 years, Google suspended my payment profile last year saying that they could not verify my primary billing address, despite it being my home address. I'm not sure what triggered this at the time as I always used it as the billing address. Anyway, they requested photographic ID that matched my primary billing address and it took them a week to re-enable my payment profile. It didn't affect any other Google service such as Gmail, Drive or YouTube other than not being able to buy Apps or renew YouTube Premium over that period.

I now use the 48 mobile network, so for YouTube Premium, I switched to YouTube India using the TunnelBear VPN and an Indian billing address as a secondary address. So far no further issue with it and it continues to renew fine.

Your primary Google address needs to be your actual payment address. The YouTube premium address can be in whatever country you need it to be

• Registered Users Posts: 5,408 ✭✭✭Nollog

bromley52 wrote: »
    Someone mentioned some posts back that they were worried about using their main account for this.
    I found a Google site that enables backing up part of/entire accounts. It might come in handy for some.

https://takeout.google.com

I recommend looking into using a YouTube brand account if you can too, it made it very easy to switch accounts and keep all subscriptions and some family videos. I'm not sure how to do it now, I only had one from when Google tried to push Google plus and wouldn't let people use their nickname, eventually they came up with brand accounts as a solution.

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/3056283?hl=en&ref_topic=9267586

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

/\/ollog wrote: »
    I recommend looking into using a YouTube brand account if you can too, it made it very easy to switch accounts and keep all subscriptions and some family videos. I'm not sure how to do it now, I only had one from when Google tried to push Google plus and wouldn't let people use their nickname, eventually they came up with brand accounts as a solution.

That's the whole point here.

Over the years you build recognition. You name, your brand, your email... If your online presence is build around a brand account and your whole Google account gets suspended, all YT accounts associated with it get switched off as well. Not really desirable if significant part of your income comes from YT :/

On top of that, all sites that relied on you logging with Google credentials are inaccessible. You cannot reset the authentication to them, because your email address on file is linked to Google, which won't let you log in.

/\/ollog wrote: »

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/3056283?hl=en&ref_topic=9267586

Well after having a Google account which is mission critical to me for 15/16 years and this in use for over a year.. it’s not something that I’m concerned about. But each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

How do you use Revolut to pay for this as the OP says?
    When I try it just looks for Visa card and no Revolut option? Am I missing something?

Revolut is a visa?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Gotcha ... i misread it.

sorted now thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Szero

Two questions ...

I stupidly did not set up the family before subscribing. Now I keep getting a message that everyone is in another country. Is there anyway around this after subscribing?

I set up a second payment profile in Google Pay to ensure that subscribing worked. I assume there is no issues with having a fake Indian address in Google Pay provided your primary address is accurate?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Szero wrote: »
    Two questions ...

I stupidly did not set up the family before subscribing. Now I keep getting a message that everyone is in another country. Is there anyway around this after subscribing?

I set up a second payment profile in Google Pay to ensure that subscribing worked. I assume there is no issues with having a fake Indian address in Google Pay provided your primary address is accurate?

Thanks.

Try updating the country for the other accounts to argentina or India whatever you used.

On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Play Store app Google Play.
    Tap Menu Menu and then Account.
    Under 'Country and profiles', find your name and country.
    If you don't have a payment method from the new country, follow the onscreen instructions to add a payment method. This creates a new Google Payments profile linked to the new country.
    The first payment method must be from the country for which you’re adding a profile.
    Once you create the profile, you can add payment methods from other countries.
    The Google Play Store automatically changes to the new country. It can take up to 24 hours to change

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Try updating the country for the other accounts to argentina or India whatever you used.

On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Play Store app Google Play.
    Tap Menu Menu and then Account.
    Under 'Country and profiles', find your name and country.
    If you don't have a payment method from the new country, follow the onscreen instructions to add a payment method. This creates a new Google Payments profile linked to the new country.
    The first payment method must be from the country for which you’re adding a profile.
    Once you create the profile, you can add payment methods from other countries.
    The Google Play Store automatically changes to the new country. It can take up to 24 hours to change

Might be easier to move the head of family account to where the other accounts are. Your Google account doesn't need to be in India to sub to youtube India.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jamesfmcg

Turning off my VPN worked for me, when I was adding people to my family.

The people I was adding, their Google accounts were in Ireland, but I was "in Turkey", which I thought I needed to be in order to add them to the family.

I kept getting the error telling me they were in another country, so eventually I just tried it with the VPN off and it worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭BlackMask93

Apologies about going slightly off topic but is this possible with Spotify?

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Paulcon93 wrote: »
    Apologies about going slightly off topic but is this possible with Spotify?

TIA
    No, only tidal. See tidal thread for details. I wouldn't go back to Spotify now unless the price was same

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Szero

jamesfmcg wrote: »
    Turning off my VPN worked for me, when I was adding people to my family.

The people I was adding, their Google accounts were in Ireland, but I was "in Turkey", which I thought I needed to be in order to add them to the family.

I kept getting the error telling me they were in another country, so eventually I just tried it with the VPN off and it worked.

Thanks. That worked for me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Well after my free month I have been charged €1.92, delighted.

This was last month and I changed to Curve, just been charged €1.49.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭BhoyRayzor

Do you need to set up using Revolut or can you use a normal credit card with an Irish address for this?

BhoyRayzor wrote: »
    Do you need to set up using Revolut or can you use a normal credit card with an Irish address for this?
    Any card at all seems to work, just have the fired up when you're signing up.

• Advertisement

Just shows the charges that our main banks are attracting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

BhoyRayzor wrote: »

You can use any card, but be prepared to be charged twice as much - the bank will not skip on taking extra on exchange rate and currency exchange fees when using Irish card in EUR.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Have to laugh since signing up for this via Indian vpn, with vpn off and haven't used since, if I Google how much is X.. All the auto suggestions add in "in India"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Etnies wrote: »
    Have to laugh since signing up for this via Indian vpn, with vpn off and haven't used since, if I Google how much is X.. All the auto suggestions add in "in India"

Without sounding like a total dick but isn’t that the whole point of a google search?

Never get this tbh. My Google search and YT had zero hint of Argentina in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Without sounding like a total dick but isn’t that the whole point of a google search?

Well they are using the location I bought premium from to give me suggestions not where I actually am, getting same on YouTube. They could possibly be using currency it was paid in to give suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Well they are using the location I bought premium from to give me suggestions not where I actually am, getting same on YouTube. They could possibly be using currency it was paid in to give suggestions

Sorry I thought you meant with vpn on and set in India. I have had zero mention of India on mine since I signed up

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Did most create a new account or is it ok to just use your regular Gmail?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭JTMan

Hococop wrote: »
    Did most create a new account or is it ok to just use your regular Gmail?

Okay to use regular Gmail account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Don't mind me asking but what card did you use with Curve?

Advertisement