Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People who tested positive, how are you feeling?

Options

Comments

Temperature rising through the day, over 104F atm, feeling like death warmed up, starting to find it slightly difficult to breath. I’m dreading this getting worse as I live by myself.

Headache slightly less, temp rising again, lungs filling with phlegm, SPO2 dipping to low 80s

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I'd be getting on to a doctor with an spo of low 80s tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Official advice is to call an ambulance if SpO2 is below 92 with Covid.

I’ve been an inpatient 3 times this year, have MS, have had bad experiences of ED spending 18 hours on a chair with peritonitis. I am highly reluctant to go near ED unless o have zero other choice.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭Be right back

Seems like you have no other choice with oxygen that low.. Is it still the same level?

You’ve no idea what my GP service is like. I like my own GP personally but he’s as good with computers as Ray Darcy is with the sound buttons, and I always get sent the wrong route. If I need it will be the ambulance service, they are 100% but getting into ED, even though I have significant difficulty walking there is always a sense of “hurry up”. I had to discharge myself last time in a public hospital as consultant was not allowed do a certain scan. I got a taxi to a private hospital, had it done, diagnosed and treated. Also I had a uterine perforation this year due to careless gynae procedure, that’s when I ended up with peritonitis. I hate hospitals.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭holliehobbie

You have MS phone an ambulance. I’m an ex nurse and you sound in a bad way. Do you have home oxygen or a nebuliser?

• Advertisement

I’m keeping a close eye on SPO2, if it consistently drops down eg 80-90 I will call an ambulance but they want you to be at death’s door before they attempt to treat you. I live alone and couldn’t get myself home if they just threw me out. ED doctors are seriously unpredictable in how they handle things in my experience. I was nearly sent home with peritonitis only they observed me have rigors. They told me my lactate was up but that they were very full and could I not be treated at home. This is my experience.

Another complaint I have about recent stay in public hospital. I have an ileostomy and get dehydrated quickly. I was denied fluids for over 12 hours for absolutely no good reason. Doctor actually agreed I had been let down but said they work a lot of the time with hands tied around the back. Nursing in a certain public hospital close to me is deplorable. I have relatives who died because of medical neglect there too, so going near the place is a very negative emotional experience for me. I’d rather die at home than there any time.

Day 3 symptoms: fever down this morning, headache diminished, neuralgia in arms (could be MS related though), abundant phlegm, weak, mobility worsened as is expected in MS during any infection at all. Trying to distinguish Covid versus indirect stuff.

This afternoon, much improved again. Cough will inevitably be persistent as with all respiratory viruses, main issue now is weakness, but mostly quite comfortable. SPO2 much improved. MS symptoms always become worse with any infection as B cells, already toxic to the brain in people so affected, are triggered into activation, par for the course. I imagine the booster vax has is being effective in helping to limit what could otherwise be an extremely nasty infection.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Day 4: no more fever, bit of sinusitis , bit of a cough, feeling lots better, really regaining my strength. Out of curiosity retested myself, still testing positive, no surprise. Although initially unpleasant, I’m certainly putting up a good response to it as far as I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭fun loving criminal

Just take it easy with this. If you think you feel better, rest some more. Because doing too much while you think you're better, can set you back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

37 year fit and healthy guy here. I got what I can only imagine is covid during the week. Never experienced anything like it before and I got covid in the past. I had a huge temperature but was non stop shivering cold everyday. Deep persistent cough with a very sensitive chest. Sore throat, sore eyes, very weak all round. Loss of appetite with sometimes a pain in stomach. It was only after a few days when the symptoms reduced that I noticed I loss my sense of smell and taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭YellowLead

I woke up with a bad sore throat headache and fatigue on Thursday so I took a test and sure enough it was positive. I had a cold since the previous Saturday (tested negative) and so I also had a blocked nose. Friday felt much worse and had to stay in bed. The worst fatigue but also aches and pains all over incident every part of my face hurting. My chest hurt too. Yesterday I felt much better apart from fatigue so I was delighted, but today (day 4) all the symptoms are back again with a vengeance!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭zisdead

48 fit and healthy. Woke up with a runny nose and a little tired. No headache or body ache , ever so slightly chilled. Two days like this so took test and positive.

Cough starting.

Last time I had COVID it was exactly the same. Only problem was although my head was as clear as a bell on day 3 , the cough was persistent for a further 10 days after I showed clear which was annoying as you get the inevitable looks from people.

Looks like this go around will be exactly the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭tskk

Felt like a cold on Xmas day and did a test as I was having guests. Was negative. Test again on the 27th as I felt awful. Came back positive. Very sore throat, cough, aches and pains, tired, no appetite

Feeling a lot better today (28th). Had a shower but needed a lie down after. Last time I had Covid was March ‘22 and similar symptoms.

I found the Covid illness short and sharp enough, made a quick initial recovery but a bacterial pneumonia set in badly enough in left lower lobe and some patches in upper lobes, so put on antibiotics, and it is a little stubborn as these things tend to be. I have MS which means I tend to have depleted immune response cells so would be a bit more prone to this kind of secondary infection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

I had a really sore throat and a headache that came and went. I had a pos test, 3 days later a negative test then a pos test 2 days after that. I did the tests the same way all 3 times is this common?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭fun loving criminal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭Xander10

To see if I had it initially. Then tested to see if I was negative so I could go out. Then the Mrs asked me to test agin as her mother was coming over and she was paranoid so I agreed to keep the peace and it was positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭Xander10

With the sore throat, did you test for the flu. have you taken the flu vaccine?

No I never get the flu vaccine. I didn't even know there was a test for flu

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Got it for the third time (that I know of), antigen test T line instantly dark so I'm probably madly infectious. Taste and smell fine, lost my sense of smell on the first one but that's mostly come back by now.

Tight chest and slightly nauseous, mildest dose so far by some distance, hope it stays like that. I attended a family gathering a few days ago, so I either got it there or if not may have infected them all, the joys of it all.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Carlito Brigantes Tale

Have it for the second time now and it's far far worse than the first time I caught it. Only beginning to feel better today after 4 days on my back in bed and have made it out into the garden for some air. Haven't been vaccinated since whenever the first jabs happened.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

My parents are in their late 60s and have it for the first time. They're feeling absolutely horrendous. Aches and pains, high temperature, bad cough, migraines etc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Got it for the first time in December.

Felt lethargic, headache, sore throat. No cough. Lost my smell after about a week. That was the most annoying part. I used essential oils to retrain my smell and had it back in time for Christmas.

I took over the counter meds and copious amounts of Udo's adult blend probiotics in the first few days of sickness. Which I think helped a lot.

Overall it was quite manageable. Personally speaking.

Advertisement