Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***** GAME PASS DEALS - See first post for the best deal ******

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RickyBobby1

Says you currently have a subscription from a different region.

Tried VPN and use turkey as well but got an error message as well, might be missing a step?

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭ebayissues

New to XBOX and gamepass set up. I bought 1 month Gamepass access from CDkeys, went through the steps of using vpn trying to redeem and got Geo-block issue like yourself. Did you get there in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mollser

Thanks for the info on this thread guys, just renewed a lapsed subscription for 30 months for €110 - great stuff.

Just need to do the ultimate upgrade - the website is only showing 1 month ultimate for €`14.99 a month rather than €1 - there is a PC Game Pass offer for €1, but I presume this doesn't work to upgrade the console to ultimate?

Otherwise I presume I can buy a 1 month ultimate pass from cd keys for c€10 and pop that code in - this works to upgrade the whole lot (3:2 ratio) to ultimate right?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭wassie

For those doing the MS Rewards for to earn Game Pass months, looks like Microsoft have reverted back to the previous reward points value for certain tasks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Shred

Edit: NVM!

Anyway, I just sorted mine (fully expired in December) - I bought 3 Turkish 'Gold' codes* @ €31.29 each along with 1 month of Ultimate (Worldwide region for the latter just to be sure!) for €104.26 all in from CDKeys.

I saw some folks mentioning non-stackable Turkish codes so I bought and redeemed them individually (with my VPN connected to Turkey for the redeem part) to be sure and it worked fine.

Turned off the VPN and redeemed the 1 month code - Gold/Gamepass Core now expires in January 2027 and Ultimate in April 2026 (as others have said I got an extra month by temporarily re-enabling recurring billing).

*'Gamepass Core' codes are about €4 each cheaper but currently sold out.

Post edited by Shred on

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭ebayissues

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭padzer

I've just redeemed 36 months worth of core. In the store there's an option of €1 trial which says "14 day trial recurs monthly" or there is the €14.99 ultimate 1 month option.

Which am I choosing?

Help appreciated

The trial should still convert your subscription.

Thanks, it did.

• Advertisement

Cheers for the help

I loaded it up onto young lad no1s series x which is set as the home xbox. All is grand. Young lad 2 has his own profile on his series s in the other room, the xbox live seems to have carried over but he can't get into game pass without paying for it. He could access it previously. Any idea how to fix it? Set that one as the home xbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭PixelPlayer

Set the series S as home xbox. Lad 1 can access game pass anywhere he signs in, so when he logs on to his own xbox he'll have game pass.

Lad 2 will gey access because his xbox is the home xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,903 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Will need to renew over the weekend. Where is the cheapest currently for 12m subs?

Thanks 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭dinomite

Hi folks,

I purchased 3x12 months turkey codes as above, but when i'm trying to redeem them to replace an expired subscription for gpu, i'm getting the following error: This code can't be redeemed. It was purchased in a different region from your account.

I'm using a vpn, but i can't change my region without removing consent for my kids on the account. any ideas would be very much appreciated. thanks a million in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭-=al=-

You shouldn’t have to change region maybe try a different vpn? Popular free vpns aren’t always the best. Even a trial of a more reliable vpn with premium options and features might help

Thanks for this. The funny thing is I purchased surf shark vpn just yesterday, and this was one of the first things I tried to do with it! Maybe it's not the vpn for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭j14

My Game Pass Ultimate is expiring in 3 days. I have no idea how VPNs work so am I best just going to CDkeys and buying the 3 x12 month core subs (€44 each) and then just buying a trial for Game Pass Ultimate to convert it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

It's certainly the easiest, although, of course, slightly more expensive.

For info folks in case it helps anyone else, I tried this again in the cold light of day, and it worked. However, in order to sort it I had to make my location in Istanbul a static ip address. Then, no prob. Nice to have another long subscription and as always, great info on this thread.

Glad it worked out, I think IP's from certain vpns are flagged and cause issues since everyone is at it

I just paid the extra €30 for the 3 years with an EU/UK code from cdkeys to save hassle, then convert it GPU. Only managed it just before the conversion rate changed so lucked out there

• Advertisement

It changed a few months ago, the conversion rate was 1:1 for xbox live to game pass ultimate

I bought three EU 12 month subs around black Friday and it worked out about €30 more for 3 years over the other country vpn route just to save myself some hassle, I've had issues in the past with it, but good for a while yet

Is cdkeys the only place to buy 12month EU gamepass codes? My Gamepass Ultimate expired today so looking to buy 3 12 month gamepass core codes and then convert to ultimate.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭STEE

Whats the story with xbox live now Its changed into Gamepass, I'm trying to buy a 12 month subscription with €100 gift card and my only options are 1 month for €6.99 or 3 months for €19.99 Wheres the 12month option for €59.99 ??? This new GamePass core has me all confused about subscriptions now

Game Pass Core is just Live Gold rebranded and the monthly games removed in favour of a small selection of the full Game Pass library.

If you upgrade to GPU it is now on a 3:2 ratio.

I would advise getting your subscription online and using the gift card on something else as Core subs are significantly cheaper from grey market resellers like CDKeys than directly from Microsoft.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

I've a few weeks to go till my GPU is up. Fantastic timing.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

so with that news what's the current cheapest way to do it, my 3 year GPU has expired😣

Get 3 years of Core and then 1 month of Ultimate which will give you 25 months of Ultimate. Don't use Turkish keys as MS have now restricted cheaper regions like Turkey to a maximum of 13 months of Core instead of the normal 36.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Thanks so which keys are cheapest now that can still stack do you know?

Advertisement