Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***** GAME PASS DEALS - See first post for the best deal ******

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭gmg678

I signed up for Game Pass Friends and family as it was going to work out cheaeper for amount of us in the family. Just got an email that they are ending the preview program on the 15th of August and converting time let to GPU for all memebers min you will get is 3mths GPU.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Interesting. Haven't heard anything about it ending, could you copy/paste the email in here?

Thank you for participating in the Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family preview program. It has been incredible seeing our Game Pass Ultimate members share the fun of Game Pass with their friends and family. On 15 August 2023, we will be ending the preview as we look to take the learnings from the past several months and investigate building an offer which we can launch worldwide in the future.

What does this mean for the membership I am a part of?

On 15 August, the Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family membership you are currently participating in will no longer be available in your market.

Starting 15 August, we’ll be providing you with a minimum of 3-months Xbox Game Pass Ultimate as a thank you for participating in our preview program. Additional time may be included, depending on the Primary Account Holder’s banked time.

We will send your personalised code on console or in the Xbox app on PC which must be redeemed with the Xbox account you used to participate in the current Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family membership.

You can view a chart for how much actual time you will receive here.

All participants in your group plan will also be receiving the same personalised offer, so that you can continue playing together.

Note that you must still be included in your Primary Account Holder’s active plan on 15 August to be eligible for the above offer. Nevertheless, if you would like to cancel or change your status, visit your Microsoft account.

Thank you again for being a Game Pass member and for participating in our Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family preview.

What does this mean for my membership?

Starting July 14, 2023: Existing Primary and Secondary members will be emailed details describing this change.

Starting July 17, 2023: Primary account holders will no longer be able to add new members to their shared membership.

August 15, 2023: Existing memberships will end and Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family will no longer be available.

Starting August 15, 2023: We’ll be sending Xbox Game Pass Ultimate codes as a thank you for participating in our preview programme (to both Primary and Secondary members) depending on your Primary account holder’s remaining time as described in the table below.

Your shared Friends & Family subscription must be active on August 15, 2023, to be eligible. If you'd like to cancel or change your membership, visit your Microsoft account.

We’ll send a personalised code (or more than one code) to your Xbox account on console and the Xbox app on PC.

Codes must be redeemed with the Xbox account you used to participate in the current Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family membership.

All participants in your group plan will also be receiving the same personalised offer, so that you can continue playing together.

Microsoft account

Remaining Friends & Family time Ultimate time members will receive

Less than 1 month

3 months

1 – 2 months

6 months

2 – 5 months

12 months

5 – 10 months

24 months

More than 10 months

36 months

• Registered Users Posts: 27,818 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

So if you have more than two years left on your F&F sub Microsoft will give you and all family members three years of GPU.

Pretty decent deal I think?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

In fact, it's if you had more than 10 months left, you'll get 3 years. Not bad, I think. Surprised that I haven't heard anything about it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭wassie

Anyone considering doing the GPU hack, might want to consider do this before Sep 14 - the date when Xbox Live Gold will “evolve” into Xbox Game Pass "Core".

There is a possibility that MS may decide to also kill off the 3:2 conversion rate for converting a Xbox Live Gold subscription to Game Pass Ultimate at the changeover.

My guess is that they wont and the conversion will carry over to Core for no effective change. Given they just announced the conversion change, it would seem unlikely they change or remove it again so soon.

However Im going to play safe and extend out my GPU sub a few months to Sep 2026.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Just for anyone wondering the conversion is working at 3:2

Gamepass ultimate sub express yesterday. Got 3 years of gold on eneba for Turkey. Redeemed via VPN, removed VPN and upgraded to gamepass ultimate for €1.

Converted to 2 years gamepass ultimate.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

How do you extend your sub if you already have an active one?

Just purchase Xbox Live Gold keys from Eneba or CD Keys and then redeem them under your Microsoft Account (Subscriptions Manage Xbox GPU).

You need to do the sums to work out what is the best value for you - best done plugging the date in excel and doing simple sums to work out what combination of keys suits you.

• I just extended my GPU sub doing exactly this. My new expiry date is 26/07/2026.
    • At the same time, I purchased a 3 month Live Gold key which I will apply in early Sept. That will extend my GPU expiry to 16/09/2026 (i.e. just beyond the 14/09 date when Gold switched to Core).

I'm doing this as a very conservative precaution should Microsoft decide to change conversion rate. But I should stress there is nothing to suggest this is likely to happen and I think the most likely outcome is there is no change for the fore seeable future.

See post here for the conversion rates. Also found in the Xbox FAQ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭a_squirrelman

Services & Subscriptions -> Manage (Xbox GPU) -> Redeem a code or prepaid card.

New window pops up allowing you to enter the code.

Its also says so in the upgrade FAQ

After I join Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, can I still redeem Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Game Pass codes?

Yes. After you join Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, you can continue to redeem Xbox Live Gold, Xbox Game Pass for Console and PC Game Pass codes. These codes will automatically convert to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate based on the following conversion table. Conversion ratio subject to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭a_squirrelman

Ah ok, so this is at the reduced conversion rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Only just noticed my Game Pass Ultimate is up in November is Turkey the cheapest way to buy? For example, 3x12 months gold Turkey is around 83 euros would I be able to apply them to an active account now and get the extra time without any issues once I use a VPN or Tor??

Also if I'm using Turkish codes that would affect my region when playing games in Ireland without a VPN?

I remember last time out trying to apply American codes and Microsoft picking up on it and having to go through all the bull **** with support and them ''Letting me off this time'' .

I taught 3 years worked out at 1 year Ultimate? This conversion business is annoying haha.

Asking this again as I'm still not sure if I should update this now or let it run out which would be better? My current sub is Irish so if I was to sign up using Turkish codes via vpn how would that change my sub going forward? Would I now be using Turkish store instead?? I'm just confused as to weather it works the same as Sony's stores in that you switch store regions.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

You still buy games on the Irish store, unless you get an out of region key and activate via VPN. Nothing else will change about your account or game licences.

So if your adding to your current sub with Turkish codes it changes? Your account will stay the same your just running from the Turkish store?

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭feargantae

You can redeem codes from any region with a VPN and it won't change your accounts location. If you have a Turkish card you can use that on the Xbox website to buy stuff cheaper but nothing changes your account being Irish.

Cheers thanks! Ill just add 3 years of Gold from Turkey onto GP Ultimate I have now then and that will be sorted for another year or two!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Let your GP ultimate subscription run out first and then add the gold and upgrade to gamepass to get the max value out of it

Best to let the GPU sub expire first cos the conversation is 3:2 eg your 3 years of Gold will be 2 years of GPU. If you add it to a current sub a year of Gold will only get you around 200 days.

Cheers lads I'll just wait till it's up in November. Microsoft changing Gold won't interfere with any of this no?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Demios

Hi all,

I purchased three 12mth Xbox Live with the intention of redeeming them via Xbox in Turkey but am getting geoblocked messages despite using a VPN. Any advice to get them to redeem them would be appreciated?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Use a different vpn, some of them like Tunnel Bear don't work for code redemption on the Xbox website.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Demios

I've tried a few thus far but all seem to ping me with

"PUR-ConversionBlockedCurrencyCountryMismatch

05PjwocasUWu4oIr.30.76

2023/09/09 - 10:17:45 UTC"

Currently using UrbanVPN (also tried Windscribe) and using an incognito tab on my phone. I know it's a long shot but would you think Eneba would refund? I've only seen one code thus far and not tried the other two.

Use a different VPN/browser combo or wait 24 hours and try again. Sometimes Microsoft will block you for 24hrs from redeeming codes after too many errors.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,276 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Could always try tor browser and set your exit nodes to turkey. Can be slow as balls for sites to run, but you just need to redeem the codes.

AFAIK eneba will only refund you for codes you haven't yet displayed.

Also use a browser on PC instead of using a phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,276 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Query on gamepass vouchers. I paid for 3 years gold back in October 2021 in Turkey, converted to gpu and I have just over 1 year left now.

I got a laptop last year and every time I open the gamepass app on pc I get a reminder that I have 1 month gamepass ultimate as part of the laptop purchase. I also have 1 month gpu from xbox ambassador stuff too. Can I add these onto my existing subscription now? Or do I need to wait for my current sub to expire first?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement