Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***** GAME PASS DEALS - See first post for the best deal ******

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭wassie

Probably depends of the T&Cs of the offer. For example Ive seen some offers for new subscribers only in the past.

If you have the codes just try adding them in the Xbox section of your Microsoft Account. Cant do any harm if they are rejected, but if they are accepted them it will simply extend out your membership by the applicable time period.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Just did this now. Bought 3 years of core codes from turkey, added them to my account using VPN. Tried to upgrade to ultimate and got the mismatched region error. So I repeated the above but this time buying 1 month of ultimate from Turkey.

Upgraded as expected and even gave me an additional months for setting up auto renewal.

Just in case anyone else runs into the problem I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭webpal

My Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription is expiring. I previously bought a couple of years worth via Turkish VPN. Is this how I need to do it now? Not sure what you mean by repeated the above, did you cancel your original purchases and buy again with ultimate?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Yeah, this is how you do it. Make sure auto renew is off and wait for your current subscription to expire before doing so.

Ok and where are people buying their codes these days? Got last ones in cdkeys

• Advertisement

Just want to double check on this as not sure if OP is still in date and there's quite a lot of info over the pages.

1) I can buy 12 months game pass live (Turkey) or game pass core for €27 on cdkeys.

2) Put on VPN and enter code on my account

3) Option to upgrade to ultimate for €1 or i think i might have paid €12.99 last time if recurring billing gets turned on

4) Turn off VPN and recurring billing and away we go with GPU for a year

that right?

The €1 offer has expired and the conversion ratio has changed to 3:2. Buying 1 year of Core/Gold and then a month of GPU will give you 8 months + 1 after conversion.

You're best off stacking 3 years and ending up with 25 months after conversion.

ok got it, and what are people doing between the time ultimate runs out and core runs out? or have reached that problem yet?

Subscribing to Ultimate converts your remaining time on Core to Ultimate. Once the Ultimate sub runs out you need to resubscribe.

Ah ok thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Nemanrio

I found game pass core (Turkish VPN) on gamivo but it says that codes cannot be stacked, is there somewhere I can get games pass core for 12 months that is stackable? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ShaunC

Hi, I have approx 60,000 reward points which I will eventually turn into gamepass ultimate. I am going to let my ultimate expire before I renew. Just wondering will I lose those points if I let my ultimate expire?

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭feargantae

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

My Gamepass is up next week yay.....

So how does it work now if the 1euro upgrade to Ultimate is gone? Is Turkey on CDKEYS still cheapest way? If so do any of the free VPNs work?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭wassie

Xbox Live Gold is now Xbox Game Pass Core.

Microsoft changed conversion from 1:1 to 3:2, so 3 years of core/gold to 3 years of GPU is now 3 years of core/gold into 2 years of GPU.

Process still remains the same - See first post for details.

If you dont have access to an offer like the €1/month, then you need to pay for a full month AFAIK - stand to be corrected on this.

Turkey should be cheapest but worth checking others. Also check Eneba remembering they also charge service fees

They may have black friday deals

• Registered Users Posts: 19 longvacation

I've 14 months of Core. I see on my microsoft account that there is the option to buy Ultimate for €1 for 14 days (€14.99 per month after that).

If i go ahead with this, will it convert my existing 14 month Core to Ultimate (albeit at the 3:2 ratio)?

It should do. You can't have an active Core and GPU sub at the same time, if you're eligible for the offer it should convert. Afaik the only subs that won't convert it are the non stackable trial sub cards you see sold on key resellers.

Might be worth stacking another 18 months onto your Core sub before converting.

**** sake I go to buy on cdkeys there sold out for Turkey. Eneba are more expensive as well. Typical.

South Africa is cheap has anyone use codes for them or?

Eneba have 12 month codes for core in Turkey but it says they can't be stacked for more than 13 months.

Is there any point in buying them then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Is there a sale on the regular EU/UK 12 month codes? I think I paid a total €30 extra stacking 36 months last year getting the correct region while saving some hassle

41 euro for Euro and UK 12 months atm.

If anyone has to do this anytime soon the Turkey codes dont seem to stack for more than 12 months currenty so be careful. I ended up going with South Africa 96 euro for 3 x 12 months core codes on Cdkeys. Download Urban VPN its free connect to the region then redeem each code one after the other via this link Microsoft account | Redeem your code or gift card

When your done go in check your subscription to make sure your on Microsoft Game Pass Core for the amount of time you have added then sign out of the VPN. In the subscription part of the Microsoft site there should be an option to update to Ulitmate where you can update for a euro. It will than give you your time when Ultimate will need to be renewed i got December 12th 2025 from buying three years of Core. Make sure you turn off recurring billing. Sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭PixelPlayer

I see people sayong Turkey is not stackable. How do you find out if a region is stackable? Is it trial and error or can you find that info somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭feargantae

I think it's just Turkey that has a 13 month limit.

But non stackable codes will almost always say that, usually it's someone flogging the likes of free 3 month trials from Doritos or Pringles or some other promo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Shred

Thanks for this. 12 month SA codes now working out at ~€48 each so I'll hold off to see if they drop before buying 3 😲

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ShaunC

Can I get a quick reminder, what 12 monthly pass do I need, is it gold or core. I want to get the GPU deal.

Thanks

Either will do. Gold is what Core was called prior to the rebrand.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭PixelPlayer

Does anyone know if adding to an existing sub will top it up with the 3:2 ratio or do you have to wait for your sub to expire? I've a couple of months left on my sub and I want to add another 12 month live code to it (so top it up by 8 months Ultimate)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RickyBobby1

Only showing €1 for 14 day trial for me. If I do that with a 12month Core sub will it convert to ultimate even for say 6 months?

Advertisement